Who else is...

marcusvdk

Veteran member
Dec 13, 2011
Michigan
I've felt as though what physical activity I've been getting really isn't enough to keep me where'd I'd like to be, part of that reason is my new job is definitely a lot less physical. So, I made a small pack out obstacle course in my backyard. I step long over some of the logs, sideways over some like downfalls, up and over the stump multiple times, around the shed, then up and down the stairs twice.
I did 21 laps with my pack loaded with 57 pounds of landscape bricks and a big ol' rock in my pack. Totaled 1.48 miles and 740 total feet of elevation change. I'm really hoping that I can make this happen at least twice a week from now on!
Sweet idea

Reactions: Slugz and go_deep

tim

Veteran member
Jun 4, 2011
north idaho
this last set of winter storms has produced some amazing snow conditions, it helps when you can unload 5 miles from the house.
if it wasn't for going broke, i could get used to working half days and playing the afternoons.

Reactions: Slugz and marcusvdk

THelms

Administrator
Staff member
Been moving into a new house so "workouts" haven't been happening but still getting plenty of exercise! With no gym access I hit this routine this morning in the backyard.

Tabata, 3 rounds - wear a #50 pack
1. Pushups
2. Squats (bodyweight)
3. Pullups
4. Thrusters w/5 gallon jug of water or my 4 year old daughter

Tabata, 1 round
1. Farmer Walk with 5 gallon jug of water in each hand

ScottR

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
I drug the tire around a bit this morning as well as some lat work with bent over rows. The best part of going to the gym is the motivation factor that comes from actually having a place to go, feels like missing an appointment. Going out to my garage doesn't feel like that, needless to say I am missing the gym.

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
Made a "self isolation" trail around the property. Been doing an hour on it daily.

Also, I have been been practicing with my new climbers line belt for hanging my lock on lone wolf treestand and had to be rescued by my wife with an extension ladder. Long story, but the rope modifications for lone wolf sticks have an extreme potential error. Know that. lol

I'm sure the though crossed her mind about just leaving me up there...lol

Reactions: marcusvdk

go_deep

Veteran member
Nov 30, 2014
Wyoming
Been parking my 1 ton work truck on the grass on the side of my driveway, well it us to be grass. Hand dug out a 25'x10'x8" deep spot, then put back in 2ish" of sand and leveled out. Tomorrow cutting and welding the rebar supports, cement arrives Friday.

Reactions: marcusvdk