Opening The Can Of Worms...Coronavirus...

D_Dubya

Aug 8, 2012
South Texas
This whole situation is dumber by the hour. But, I do predict for sure this mess is going to throw the western big game draws (at least the ones that still have applications open) way off. I know...that’s probably a petty thing to think about right now. I might just apply for a 4th season Gunnison basin deer tag with my 3 points🤣...hopefully Corona will have run it’s course up there by then.

Jun 29, 2016
Coastal Maine
Right now nobody has a natural immunity cause its a brand new virus and developing immunity takes time. Think it will become seasonal and less severe over time .I think they will have vaccine but who knows when or how effective it will be. Doesn't seen to kill that many but if it's you it kinda sucks. I think if we can keep the people apart and buy some time we will be better off. The economy well thats different Dow down 3,000 points today. ouch

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
yup.the disease isn't even something I am all that concerned about . it is the overreaction to the media hype that will do the most damage.

Reactions: idcwby

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
Right now nobody has a natural immunity cause its a brand new virus and developing immunity takes time. Think it will become seasonal and less severe over time .I think they will have vaccine but who knows when or how effective it will be. Doesn't seen to kill that many but if it's you it kinda sucks. I think if we can keep the people apart and buy some time we will be better off. The economy well thats different Dow down 3,000 points today. ouch
I have a hard time believing no one is immune.

I guess since no one knows we will just have to wait and see though.

Jun 29, 2016
Coastal Maine
The virus and bacteria mutate as they reproduce . They mutate only a little each time but they reproduce a loT I think viruses do it differently and slower. USUALLY they tend to become less deadly as times goes on, Thank Goodness for that.

tim

Veteran member
Jun 4, 2011
north idaho
My business was having a decent year, but things have just dropped like a rock. It will be interesting to see what this week brings.

D_Dubya

Aug 8, 2012
South Texas
My business was having a decent year, but things have just dropped like a rock. It will be interesting to see what this week brings.
We’ve had a great run in the residential construction industry for almost 10 years, If this thing doesn’t straighten out I’m afraid the run will be over and that is not good news. I wonder how hard it would be to hitch hike back home with a cooler full of elk meat and a set of horns?

Reactions: idcwby

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
What Hilltop said X 10. One of my buddies called me and asked me if I was stocking up on ammo. I was like, for what? lol

Reactions: Winchester

Colorado Cowboy

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2011
Dolores, Colorado
I sure as hell hope this settles down by June. Have to make my final payment on our fishing trip to Alaska then. Already paid for the airfare. We are scheduled for mid August. Have a June fishing trip to Blue Mesa here in Colorado in addition to a state cowboy action shooting match.

Reactions: mcseal2

Colorado Cowboy

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2011
Dolores, Colorado
Things are going to really get locked down here. Our Rifle & Pistol Club's gun show scheduled for mid April looks like it will be cancelled/rescheduled. Have 2 Wednesdays left in our Bulls Eye Pistol League that I run, trying to finish it. My Masonic Lodge cancelled our meetings until June, same for our Shrine Club. Have my last PT session on my shoulder today and am going to the market to get a couple of big bags of dog food for my Lab. My wife keeps us pretty stocked up on food and other supplies.

Mule3006Elk

Jul 3, 2013
SARS-CoV-2 is a new strain. Like going to the Ford dealer. Lot of Fords but they are all a little different. This one is the Bronco so to speak. Coronaviruses cause URIs this is not new. No one had immunity to this strain if you go back to ground zero day 1.

As one is exposed they will develop immunity. With this virus is takes about 5 days before your immune system starts kicking out antibodies. Antibodies attack the infection. After the infection you will have immunity to this strain. The more persons in the community that have immunity the less likely those in the community who aren't immune will get sick. Herd immunity.
I'm not on the hype bandwagon, SARS-CoV-2 for the older folks and those with comorbid conditions, this is the real deal. It's been shown to be especially hard on those with heart/lung conditions. Personally, I'm taking precautions to protect those at-risk.

They are testing, initial phases, vaccines. There is word there are some coronavirus antivirals on the horizon.

Last edited:
Reactions: taskswap

tim

Veteran member
Jun 4, 2011
north idaho
I sure as hell hope this settles down by June. Have to make my final payment on our fishing trip to Alaska then. Already paid for the airfare. We are scheduled for mid August. Have a June fishing trip to Blue Mesa here in Colorado in addition to a state cowboy action shooting match.
I have a remote float trip out of lake clark national park in august. 10 day float. i am in the same boat as you.

Reactions: Colorado Cowboy

taskswap

Very Active Member
Jul 9, 2018
Colorado
I read a couple pretty good articles on herd immunity, sounds like we need about 60% for this thing to become a non-factor.
Yeah. One of the doctors I'm friends with said the whole point of all these precautions isn't to prevent people from getting it. They expect most/everybody will over time, just like the flu. The issue right now is the speed of the spread and medical facilities getting overwhelmed with too many critical patients at once. One day it WILL all blow over. Until then it's just breaking their hearts having to decide who lives or dies based on how many pieces of XYZ respiratory equipment they have and triaging who gets it. So anything we as the public can do to slow it down ... yeah. That's worth it.

Reactions: dustin ray and Fink

Gr8bawana

Veteran member
Aug 14, 2014
Nevada
Yeah. One of the doctors I'm friends with said the whole point of all these precautions isn't to prevent people from getting it. They expect most/everybody will over time, just like the flu. The issue right now is the speed of the spread and medical facilities getting overwhelmed with too many critical patients at once. One day it WILL all blow over. Until then it's just breaking their hearts having to decide who lives or dies based on how many pieces of XYZ respiratory equipment they have and triaging who gets it. So anything we as the public can do to slow it down ... yeah. That's worth it.
Yes it is worth it. Or we could all just be like kidoggy and refuse to acknowledge anything is going on.