New Mexico requiring quarantine

Hilltop

Veteran member
Feb 25, 2014
Eastern Nebraska
So you have to quarantine unless you are paying for a guided hunt? What a bunch of crap...

Note: there is an exception to this according to the New Mexico Council Of Outfitters and Guides (NMCOG). Anyone who is "contracted by an essential business" and because "all outfitter clientele is, by statute, required to be contacted by the business and because under the current NM Public Health Order outfitters are clearly labeled as essential as businesses that provide "fresh meat", "food cultivation", and food related logistics... NMCOG is confident that any client who is properly contracted with a legal NM outfitter is exempt from the 14-day quarantine."

Reactions: Buckbob

Yell Co AR Hunter

Very Active Member
Dec 10, 2015
Yell County Arkansas
The out of State license plate on hunter's vehicle could be a problem this fall for many of us. All it takes is one glory seeking sheriff to ruin your hunt. Lets all pray this simmers down some in the next few weeks. If it continues to get worse. Fall of 2020 could be a nightmare for us.

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
There is a very good reason why NM has a handle on the virus situation. Good for them.
It would be interesting to see the state of New Mexico and the Navajo Nation comparison.

From what I have read the Navajo Nation is having quite a problem with it and a lot of it is in New Mexico.

Reactions: BOHNTR

tim

Veteran member
Jun 4, 2011
north idaho
The out of State license plate on hunter's vehicle could be a problem this fall for many of us. All it takes is one glory seeking sheriff to ruin your hunt. Lets all pray this simmers down some in the next few weeks. If it continues to get worse. Fall of 2020 could be a nightmare for us.
please don't take this wrong, it is not the sheriff you need to worry about. it is the residents who are complaining about out of staters. I hear it every day here in idaho.

• Wow
Reactions: Mnbogboy

Alabama

Veteran member
Feb 18, 2013
Sweet Home Alabama
There is a very good reason why NM has a handle on the virus situation. Good for them.
Are you kidding? How in the world would "quarantining" in a hotel be safer than staying in a tent in the backcountry? No one is going to sit in a hotel for 14 days. They will go out and get supplies, go into the lobby for towels, shampoo, soap, etc., and will more than likely do a lot worse before the 14 days are up (out of sheer boredom). Most people that go to hunt are staying in a camper or tent and will be with people they have been traveling with. There should be common sense exceptions to these "orders". Sadly common sense isn't so common in our country anymore.

dustin ray

Veteran member
Oct 23, 2011
Alta Loma CA
Theres no reliable science behind any of the stupid decisions made by our leaders the Dems when they choose winners and losers by who they apply there stupid rules to. Things are going to get worst the closer we get to the Election. Some good folks that are scared or watch CNN might think this is good idea but the rest won't forget what there doing and there day at the ballot box will come and not soon enough.

Last edited:

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
please don't take this wrong, it is not the sheriff you need to worry about. it is the residents who are complaining about out of staters. I hear it every day here in idaho.
to be fair we are being overrun by folks from wash,oregon an cali. 🤮

• Wow
Reactions: Mnbogboy

87TT

Very Active Member
Apr 23, 2013
Idaho
A. Someone would have to complain. B.they would then call the overworked local law. C.said local law would have to give a sh*t. D. Interested local law would have to find me on the mountain or wait by my vehicle to contact me. E.would have to prove hadn’t quarantined). F.arrest me and jail me. G. Feed me. H. Get a conviction in court.
Can you see where this is going? Not going to happen and not just because I’m not going to NM

Reactions: Buckbob and Shane13

Yell Co AR Hunter

Very Active Member
Dec 10, 2015
Yell County Arkansas
Not trying to poke any eyes, but I am not sure some of you understand rural America. You think you have rights in local courts. Only if you have the money to appeal it to a higher court. I hope it does not happen, but out of state hunters need to know what is going on in the area they plan to hunt. Heck was it in Idaho just recently you could not be on public land unless you lived in that County.

Hilltop

Veteran member
Feb 25, 2014
Eastern Nebraska
Crazy times we are living in. Everyone is entitled to their opinions. However, since you're in favor of this rule, how does it make sense to allow outfitted hunts and not diy hunts? On an outfitted hunt, the non-resident is at minimum in direct contact with 1(or likely more) local individuals for days. In your average camp, there will be multiple people from multiple areas of the country mixing with local guides and a local cook. To me these hunts would have a greater risk for infecting the local population. The average diy guy travelling in will likely stop for gas, and possibly groceries. Those stops will be under whatever local mask/distancing rules are in place. Then they are hunting and not coming in contact with anyone until they maybe get gas on their way home.

Shane13

Aug 8, 2012
Hawley, Texas
I have friends that have been to NM for vacations recently. They came and went as they pleased and had no issues that I'm aware of.

Politicians are morons.

Hilltop

Veteran member
Feb 25, 2014
Eastern Nebraska
For any of you curious how some of the other western states are doing, here are some of their stats.

Colorado has 861 cases per 100,000 people
Wyoming has 511 cases per 100,000 people
Montana has 445 cases per 100,000 people
Idaho has 1,300 cases per 100,000 people
Utah has 1342 cases per 100,000 people

New Mexico has 1,038 cases per 100,000 people

Crazy how the states with the least restrictions have the fewest per capita cases.

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
Not trying to poke any eyes, but I am not sure some of you understand rural America. You think you have rights in local courts. Only if you have the money to appeal it to a higher court. I hope it does not happen, but out of state hunters need to know what is going on in the area they plan to hunt. Heck was it in Idaho just recently you could not be on public land unless you lived in that County.
maybe some counties. not the whole state