Who else is...

go_deep

Veteran member
Nov 30, 2014
Wyoming
very cool hike. in college i hiked to the bottom, took my boots off and put them in the colorado. then mailed a post card from phantom ranch. then hiked out. it took all day. south rim.
I want to give from the south rim to the north rim and then back across.

Reactions: THelms

go_deep

Veteran member
Nov 30, 2014
Wyoming
how many days would you do it in?
No clue. Read an article earlier this summer about a guy that hiked from the south rim to the north rim in a day, not sure if that's fast or normal. I figure 3-4 days so I can enjoy myself, if I'm done sooner so be it.

Winchester

Veteran member
Mar 27, 2014
Woodland Park, Colorado
Spotting scopes ... hmmm ... I have heard of them ... didn't have 'em when I was growing up ... we had to walk a mile uphill both ways through the snow to get to the 100 yard targets.

Actually, the range I go to is well controlled with Safety Officers. They let everyone shoot for 20 minutes and then pause for 10 minutes to check targets ... so I walk ... it's good exercise.

Wise guy :rolleyes:;)

marcusvdk

Veteran member
Dec 13, 2011
Michigan
Ran my 5k today. I know it was a trail run just didnt realize how tough a course it was. Heard some other experience runner talking before the race that it was one of the toughest trail course they have ever run lots of hills that I wasnt prepared for. I didnt get my new PR race time but still was with in a minute of it. Got a 27:39 for training only on pavement and mostly flat runs i thought this was a good time. Definitely pushed myself.35792

RICMIC

Veteran member
Feb 21, 2012
Two Harbors, Minnesota
Congrats Marcus. There's nothing wrong with that time on a tough course. I always loved to do trail runs, but don't expect to match times with what you have done on flat surfaces. Even if the course if relatively flat, you have to be very careful on your footing and pacing. If you have a decent trail (not a bike path) with natural terrain, I suggest that you try to run it once a week, and use your pace goal just for that course on that day.

ScottR

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
I will be back in the saddle on Thursday morning if all goes according to plan. I will pretty much be doing the core lifts and cardio for the next few months as it gets into hunting season. Maintenance is the name of the game until late November.

go_deep

Veteran member
Nov 30, 2014
Wyoming
My fitness app showed that I logged 2.2 miles walking around the parking lot at the DMV today while I waited to renew my DL, LOL!

RositaSchaefer

Aug 13, 2021
Hi. The vacation was bad for me - I gained almost 15 pounds in two months, so now I'm working hard on it all again. Having planned three moose hunts, I need to be in great shape. We go hunting with my employee tracking software development colleague. I'm still 30 pounds lighter than when I started last year, so I was ahead of the game. I have 15 pounds to lose and a ton of workouts. Good luck to all.

Last edited: