Who else is...

marcusvdk

Veteran member
Dec 13, 2011
Michigan
Friday
Last workout of the 28 day SLP challenge

Went turkey hunting opening day here in Michigan for my tag. Brought my oldest son 6 years old along. First time in the blind with me didnt do to bad last a 20 min hike in 10 min setup and 2 hour sit he got cold so we left about 2 hours before end of legal shooting hours.30363

Bonecollector

Veteran member
Mar 9, 2014
Ohio
Ran today. Nothing big. 2 miles. I hate running but want to add it in to my workouts.

Im not a Thoroughbred. Im like a steady heavy loaded down burro or donkey.😃

Ive never had to run out with my elk quarter. 😃
I've been referred to as a mobile fire plug, so I get it. Keep after it!

Reactions: marcusvdk

tim

Veteran member
Jun 4, 2011
north idaho
Planted a 120 ponderosa seedling, my knee hurts. ole well
walked into the hidden field to shoot ground squirrels. herd of elk in the field. turned around and walked home.

marcusvdk

Veteran member
Dec 13, 2011
Michigan
Monday
Went out for 4 hours mid day turkey hunting trying to get in between the crazy crowds around here. Had a few gobblers behind my set up but wouldn't come in.

Treadmill
3 min warmup
4 rds (2 mins speed 4.5 mph
1 min recovery 2.5 mph)
2 rds ( 1 min speed 5 mph
1 min recovery 2.5 mph)
3 min cooldown

10 mins of medicine ball workouts

10 mins of ab workouts most with medicine ball and some without. Might of went to hard on the medicine ball as my shoulder is feeling it now.

Bonecollector

Veteran member
Mar 9, 2014
Ohio
Monday
Went out for 4 hours mid day turkey hunting trying to get in between the crazy crowds around here. Had a few gobblers behind my set up but wouldn't come in.

Treadmill
3 min warmup
1 min recovery 2.5 mph)
1 min recovery 2.5 mph)
3 min cooldown

10 mins of ab workouts most with medicine ball and some without. Might of went to hard on the medicine ball as my shoulder is feeling it now.
Keep after it! Love chasing gobbles n bugles!

Mule3006Elk

Jul 3, 2013
Monday

Treadmill
3 min warmup
1 min recovery 2.5 mph)
1 min recovery 2.5 mph)
3 min cooldown

Nice. I got out this past Friday with my son. Public land that borders private. A few shock gobbles with the owl call. 1st time we have heard that. Very cool! Nothing came into my setup. I'm very new to turkey hunting. 2nd time out 1st time this year. Still on the steep part of the learning curve. We did hike a little over 6 miles and I had some good father/son time in the woods. No complaints from this guy. Going out again this week weather permitting.

go_deep

Veteran member
Nov 30, 2014
Wyoming
I'm doing a 5 day online training, with no video feed from my side, just listen and follow along. So I set up a 2 step in front of my computer and a small 20# dumbbell. I've been getting in over 5,000 steps a day and not sure how many reps with the dumbbell, but i'm feeling it after 2 days!

Reactions: Slugz and marcusvdk

marcusvdk

Veteran member
Dec 13, 2011
Michigan
Nice. I got out this past Friday with my son. Public land that borders private. A few shock gobbles with the owl call. 1st time we have heard that. Very cool! Nothing came into my setup. I'm very new to turkey hunting. 2nd time out 1st time this year. Still on the steep part of the learning curve. We did hike a little over 6 miles and I had some good father/son time in the woods. No complaints from this guy. Going out again this week weather permitting.
Yeah I'm not much of an expert on turkey hunting either. Only like my 4 or 5 season doing it but our spring seasons are only a week long. Minus the last one which is 2 weeks. So doesnt give me a lot of time to get on it.