Who else is...

marcusvdk

Veteran member
Dec 13, 2011
Michigan
Saturday
Elliptical steady state jog 19 mins then did a 3 min cool down after.

Also did strength workouts today 30 mins
Medicine ball slams 2 sets 2 mins long
Medicine ball twist wall slams 2 sets 1 min for each side
3x15 standing row resistance band
2x15 bicep curls each arm
3x10 chest flys
3x15 bench press 95lbs
3x5 bench press 145lbs (most weight I've done since my shoulder separation 4 years ago)

Felt good I'll give a weight update tomorrow

Attachments

Bonecollector

Veteran member
Mar 9, 2014
Ohio
I have been training to PR my half marathon time at the Ohio Cap City. Since it was canceled, I decided to do something to commemorate the event which would have been Saturday. I occasionally run 10-14 miles on my long run days. It helps me build endurance which, in-turn, will help me carry my speed day workouts longer into my actual 13 mile races. At 5'9" & 185lb I am built to sprint but have been working on extending my distance the past 2 years.
It's funny because I run with a group of folks who are mainly focused on marathons. Maybe now, they'll cut me some slack since I did run 20 miles....maybe for a day or so. lol

marcusvdk

Veteran member
Dec 13, 2011
Michigan
Weight check
Pre weight 364
Pre liquid diet 355
Surgery weight 336.8
Current weight 266.8

Down 97.2 from the start

Also had my video appoint ment week and half ago. Surgeon took me off my Lipitor and blood pressure med. Blood pressure this morning 120/72 glad I can get off some meds finally. They want me down to 235ish by July

RICMIC

Veteran member
Feb 21, 2012
Two Harbors, Minnesota
I have been training to PR my half marathon time at the Ohio Cap City. Since it was canceled, I decided to do something to commemorate the event which would have been Saturday. I occasionally run 10-14 miles on my long run days. It helps me build endurance which, in-turn, will help me carry my speed day workouts longer into my actual 13 mile races. At 5'9" & 185lb I am built to sprint but have been working on extending my distance the past 2 years.
It's funny because I run with a group of folks who are mainly focused on marathons. Maybe now, they'll cut me some slack since I did run 20 miles....maybe for a day or so. lol
Yeah, but if you can catch those guys I'm sure that you could kick their ass in short order.

Reactions: marcusvdk

tim

Veteran member
Jun 4, 2011
north idaho
bonecollector
are you seeing people do the virtual marathons. basically you run in your home turf the same day as a bunch of othes. Ie my bud just did the bend marathon, but he lives in washington. so the day the marathon was supposed to happen, you run it yourself, at your home turf. THis was marathon number 50 for him. yes, you read that right.

Reactions: marcusvdk

marcusvdk

Veteran member
Dec 13, 2011
Michigan
bonecollector
are you seeing people do the virtual marathons. basically you run in your home turf the same day as a bunch of othes. Ie my bud just did the bend marathon, but he lives in washington. so the day the marathon was supposed to happen, you run it yourself, at your home turf. THis was marathon number 50 for him. yes, you read that right.
I'm doing a virtual 5k next week. Its basically a run it some time between this date and this date and post your time

Bonecollector

Veteran member
Mar 9, 2014
Ohio
bonecollector
Yes. It’s just not the same though...
The crowd support really gives you another gear and endurance.