Where is everyone?

Bonecollector

Veteran member
Mar 9, 2014
Ohio
I think people, including me get tired of politized & industrialization of hunting. We get frustrated ! There is too many "groups" that think they know what is best for the animals & the consumer . Money, sustainability, residency, natives to the land, ( ie Alaska) outfitters, etc all have a MO.

People get emotional about topics that are near & dear to their hearts & hunting is one. I put the skid chain on my tongue because I will make a complete arse out of myself because I don't have the time, energy or knowledge to keep up. So I read & creep around to see what is happening & I can "feel" the frustration of people on some of the "laws & regulations" that are either imposed or recommended. Thus, I believe people need a " break" from it. Including me.
Understood Bob. Please do check in and stay in touch.

Reactions: joerax1

RICMIC

Veteran member
Feb 21, 2012
Two Harbors, Minnesota
I haven't posted in the last couple weeks because I just returned from a fly-in fishing trip to Canada. Full story and pic in the fishing thread.
Before I left, our group of 3 had a meeting to plan our Colorado elk hunt (1st rifle) in October. The season is coming up boys.
As far as the forum posts go; I think that snarky responses turn off most people, especially when it comes to political issues. Most of us remain civil, but a few do not, and some of those drop out because they do not participate here to listen to that crap....we get enough as it is every time we turn on the TV. None of us like censorship, but as this is a voluntary forum and a HUNTING FORUM, I do appreciate the moderators deleting posts that go too far.

4XBOWHUNTER

Sep 26, 2018
Wisconsin
My take on it is life gets in the way for a lot of us, mainly work, family etc. I believe it been an exhausting year for most. I read a lot of the forum but don't always comment due to lack of experience, hopefully that changes in the future. I have been on quite a few forums skimming through in the past and I have found that this is one of the more straight up forums with good people, I have seen some of the Face book forums and followed them, if you know anything about FB then you can imagine how the conversations go on that site.

I'm still new to this forum....only becoming active the last year or so. But when I registered, I remember noting to myself how slow and inactive this forum is compared to others like Rokslide and 24HourCampfire. Still, I like it here because the political BS is way less present than other sites, despite what some here are saying.

Finsandtines

Very Active Member
Jun 16, 2015
Florida
And then there is me, been off for quite a while…but making a point to get back as of today. This is the only forum I’ve ever been on because I enjoyed the camaraderie and great group of folks here. Just got caught up with life and a lot less hunting the past couple years. It’s still a running joke that I met a hunting buddy here who happens to be a pretty good dude with a great family. And, Roger, we are appreciative that you invited us to your home my last trip out west! Looking forward to reading more from all of you again.

Reactions: dan maule

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
I've been a little guilty of being in and out the last while. Some of it for hunting, some of it for work related obligations and well some for just personal stuff. Having baby number 4 to start with this summer and two weeks ago being gone for a full week scouting for deer.
never feel guilty for scouting.
congrats on # 4

Colorado Cowboy

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2011
Dolores, Colorado
My name is Aliza Shah. I am currently working in a restaurant name Country Kebabz We are on Instagram @countrykebebz
I am working as a chef their. Our restaurant make different types of food like. Turkish bread, cheese burger, kebabs and ararat kebab house menu. Our restaurant special dish is chicken. I am glad that I found a forum that has like minded people to tell then about our business. So if you are a food lover you can contact us freely
I think I'll order some take out. Hope it gets here hot.....from Australia!

Last edited:
Reactions: Winchester

youngbuck2

Nov 4, 2016
Minnesota
I joined this forum a few years back, (2016 i think) to try and gain knowledge and insight as I was fresh into western hunting. This forum has provide feedback in more ways than one, for which Im extremely grateful! I have made a point to keep working on my knowledge base for hunting rolling throughout the year and not just Aug-Dec. This site has made that easier. I check the forum most every morning and have been finding more and more threads that are worth reading.

The biggest difference I see is that on here, generally speaking, people want to and are willing to help each other out for the betterment of the sport and each individual success. On other sites, especially Facecrack people are just keyboard warriors looking to degrade others, brag about themselves and drive people away. I try to stay middle ground and provide input to people who seem worthy, but nothing good has come from a FB forum for me.

ScottR

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
I joined this forum a few years back, (2016 i think) to try and gain knowledge and insight as I was fresh into western hunting. This forum has provide feedback in more ways than one, for which Im extremely grateful! I have made a point to keep working on my knowledge base for hunting rolling throughout the year and not just Aug-Dec. This site has made that easier. I check the forum most every morning and have been finding more and more threads that are worth reading.

The biggest difference I see is that on here, generally speaking, people want to and are willing to help each other out for the betterment of the sport and each individual success. On other sites, especially Facecrack people are just keyboard warriors looking to degrade others, brag about themselves and drive people away. I try to stay middle ground and provide input to people who seem worthy, but nothing good has come from a FB forum for me.
Glad you are having a good experience here! We pride ourselves on being a good community for hunters!

Reactions: Colorado Cowboy

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
Anyone know a better taxidermist? This is my buck from this archery 2021....He would be "Pink ears #2" in my collection.....I'm pissed about it.