Where is everyone?

D_Dubya

Aug 8, 2012
South Texas
Definitely noticeable, the couple other forums I’m on seem to have a decrease as well. But if anyone has any Colorado OTC honey holes they’d like to share I’m all ears!

Yell Co AR Hunter

Very Active Member
Dec 10, 2015
Yell County Arkansas
Just the non facebook users seem to be forum users. Hunters like most of us don't like wading through all the garbage on facebook. I have noticed the lack of new posters that have drawn a tag in a area they have no information on.

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
I still check the forum daily but after the last heated argument about Wyoming screwing non-residents and the arguing and bitching (that to be honest I was a part of and regret because it stressed me out a little bit) it took a lot of the wind out of my sails for western hunting. Honestly, its just a bit depressing that I couldn't even draw a decent antelope tag with 6 preference points this season.

Over the last year, it has become VERY apparent that I need to go in a different direction if I want to pursue western hunting into the future and into retirement. So, I have turned most of my attention to work, food plots, and investing money appropriately so when I retire I can give tag hungry, greedy, keyboard hero's the middle finger and hunt on private ranches. By my estimation I should be able to go on 3-4 hunts a year starting when I am 55...........18 more years. I hope this forum is still around to share the adventures.

Are those private ranch tags deductible on my federal income taxes? lol

This is my definition of relaxing:

Muley bound

Mar 12, 2013
Wisconsin
I’m guessing more people will start chiming one once seasons start opening up. I’ve been checking in a few times a week, just haven’t had much to chime in about. I got an antlerless deer tag in Idaho. I’ll take it, gives me the opportunity to get outta dodge for a week. I started with a new company this year and can now take actual time off to go hunt! Before I couldn’t, so I was always forced into late season hunts when I was laid off. I love hunting late season, but have always missed out on a lot of hunts in the fall. After my dad passed away last November, I said screw it and left the company I was with for 12 years. Life’s too short to not enjoy it to the fullest.

Rich M

Very Active Member
Oct 16, 2012
I don't see it either.

The website forums are dwindling down, about dying. Rokslide is as good as it gets and they are pretty slow right now too. The other ones I'm on range from a trickle to a few here and there. Facebook seems to be the place but I don't facebook.

It is bad enough that I can't get a fishing report for the Daytona Beach (Ponce inlet) or Port Canaveral areas down here. Figure at least 500 boats go out of these inlets on any given Saturday - but internet bad.

Little to no hunting talk for FL, Georgia has an okay website.

A tornado just came right past my house an hour ago. You got tornados there?
Dang! Everything okay?

I'm kinda with you about the whole western hunting thing. Losing any real hope we have for getting a decent tag more than once in a lifetime. Still want a buck antelope and some time under the WY stars. So, just waiting and maybe going guided to get it over with to move on to different things.

taskswap

Very Active Member
Jul 9, 2018
Colorado
For me it's just been a heavily politicized year or so, and I will be the FIRST to admit I've been guilty of it too, but I also got tired of it. I still skim daily for elk- and gear-related posts, my two weaknesses. I'm head-in-the-sand avoiding everything else as much as possible.

Quick, somebody start a "who hunts deer with a 22LR" or "ultralight hunting: leaving your boots at home?" thread :D

ScottR

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
I shared this with Winchester a few weeks ago when the debates over several topics were raging....

Every year about april and somewhere in July guys seem to get a little froggy. Conversations heat up in the spring, especially when the states are in legislative sessions. Then comes hunting season and many people are ready to share stories again. Plus, warm weather has a lot out enjoying the last days of summer.

ScottR

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
For me it's just been a heavily politicized year or so, and I will be the FIRST to admit I've been guilty of it too, but I also got tired of it. I still skim daily for elk- and gear-related posts, my two weaknesses. I'm head-in-the-sand avoiding everything else as much as possible.

Quick, somebody start a "who hunts deer with a 22LR" or "ultralight hunting: leaving your boots at home?" thread :D
We are all very tired of it.