New Mexico requiring quarantine

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
For any of you curious how some of the other western states are doing, here are some of their stats.

Colorado has 861 cases per 100,000 people
Wyoming has 511 cases per 100,000 people
Montana has 445 cases per 100,000 people
Idaho has 1,300 cases per 100,000 people
Utah has 1342 cases per 100,000 people

New Mexico has 1,038 cases per 100,000 people

Crazy how the states with the least restrictions have the fewest per capita cases.
keep in mind that in all probability only half those , or even less actually have the 19 .

I can not confirm the truth of this but on another site it was posted that hospitals are being payed $ 39,000 by de guberment for every case they report. as I said ,don't know if this is true or not but it certainly sounds like the idiot spending our nation is known for.
if it is so ,it doesn't take a genius to figure out why the virus has spread everywhere.
but don't take my word for it . if you care to find the truth look for yourself ,it shouldn't be hard to confirm.

Last edited:

taskswap

Very Active Member
Jul 9, 2018
Colorado
For any of you curious how some of the other western states are doing, here are some of their stats.

Crazy how the states with the least restrictions have the fewest per capita cases.
Not sure how you drew that conclusion... Colorado's governor has been very strongly advocating aggressive mask use, on a very consistent basis since this whole thing went down, and of your list above it's middle of the pack. I suspect it would be even better, but its cities are also MUCH larger and more densely populated than the two "winners" above (Denver has 734k people, Cheyenne has 64k and Billings 109k - you have to go down like 8 cities in Colorado just to find one about EQUAL in density to Montana or Wyoming...)

For an airborne-transmitted disease that seems entirely in line with what I'd expect from "yes, it turns out even non-surgical masks do have a positive impact on controlling airborne-transmitted diseases, and CO's governor has strongly advocated for them."

But "stupid Dems" am I right?

Reactions: Gr8bawana

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co

As for Colorado there are a lot of restrictions in place, just not a travel one.

Colorado Cowboy

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2011
Dolores, Colorado
Just got back from a week in Gunnison and lots of restrictions as Jim said. Lots of big lighted signs on all the highways saying "Face masks are mandatory". We were at Crested Butte and almost everyone was wearing a mask. Pretty crowded too. All in all, I was quite surprised with how crowded everything was. All the RV parks are full, lots of people fishing at Blue Mesa and tons of off roaders at Taylor Res.

Reactions: kidoggy

Hilltop

Veteran member
Feb 25, 2014
Eastern Nebraska
Not sure how you drew that conclusion... Colorado's governor has been very strongly advocating aggressive mask use, on a very consistent basis since this whole thing went down, and of your list above it's middle of the pack. I suspect it would be even better, but its cities are also MUCH larger and more densely populated than the two "winners" above (Denver has 734k people, Cheyenne has 64k and Billings 109k - you have to go down like 8 cities in Colorado just to find one about EQUAL in density to Montana or Wyoming...)

For an airborne-transmitted disease that seems entirely in line with what I'd expect from "yes, it turns out even non-surgical masks do have a positive impact on controlling airborne-transmitted diseases, and CO's governor has strongly advocated for them."

But "stupid Dems" am I right?
My conclusion that Wyoming and Montana have the lowest per capita? I was just starting the simple fact. They have the fewest mandates but also have the lowest # of cases. You can draw your own conclusions and try to draw politics in. I did not.

I thought people hunting in these states may want to know what is happening at their destination. Smh...

ore hunter

Very Active Member
Jul 25, 2014
i know up here in oregon that kate brown the gov is considering shutting down the borders,,i hope they dont,,as i have a utah,wyoming and idaho hunt this fall,,hopefully everybody will use common sense and wear masks as needed.

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
The real ? is what will they do when I get air dropped into the back-country by parachute and I have to hunt my way to a place of shelter for the 14 day self-quarantine??!!?

Crazy times indeed.

Reactions: Buckbob

Bonecollector

Veteran member
Mar 9, 2014
Ohio
The real ? is what will they do when I get air dropped into the back-country by parachute and I have to hunt my way to a place of shelter for the 14 day self-quarantine??!!?

Crazy times indeed.
You know this is still on my 'to do' list. The cost is not bad with 4 guys. No one said it couldn't be an ex-wife or bad hunting partner with a bad chute.... (after the check has cleared of course). Covers the cost and less competition. :LOL:

CODAK

Aug 8, 2016
Johnstown, CO
Praying CO does not require this. Should know in a couple weeks when seasons start to open.
to add to the dilemma, CO is gunna be closed like hell with these fires. They are all in spots that they will burn until Oct due to terrain and beetle kill. They have already closed entire units. Watch closely and be prepared to turn in tags to at least get points back

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
Yep, where the Grizzly Creek fire is burning it is going to take a snow storm to put it out.

Right now the road to Deep Creek is closed and Sweetwater Canyon is on pre evacuation just in case.

Due to the fire on the south side of the canyon and slowly moving to the east my deer hunting country is blocked off, not to mention my elk area is full of smoke.

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
Great.... Any idea is this is currently affecting unit 48 ( just west of Leadville )
Leadville is way south of these fires.

Not saying that there won't be some fires down that way. However on road closures, Highway 82 is open and traffic is being metered. No semis or long travel trailers at this time. I'm not just sure how far out of Leadville or past Twin Lakes you can drive before you hit the road block.