Kifaru Giveaway!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaHunter

Aug 24, 2012
N.E. LA
Thanks Kifaru for a great give away contest. It would have been nice to have this bag for my WY mule deer hunt last month. It was pretty cold.

Kifaru Giveaway

Moving from one giveaway to the next here!

Many of you are familiar with Kifaru and their gear. It is top notch stuff and I have personally used a LOT of their equipment.

For this giveaway you will receive their latest model SLEEPING BAG and their Escape and Evade accessory pack/pocket.

To enter this giveaway you will need to:

1. Post in this thread to thank Kifaru for this giveaway. If you have used Kifaru gear post a second time with a picture of Kifaru gear in use and your name will be in the hat twice.
2. Tell us the hunt you wish you would have had this sleeping bag on this season and why. We want to hear good stories on this one, let's make this giveaway a fun read for everyone involved.
3. Visit their website and see what else they have to offer

nitty52

Nov 4, 2014
thank you Kifaru!!! I think this equipment would be awesome to use while working in the field. I am always trying out new products as a Soldier.

wavygravy

Oct 28, 2014
Thanks Kifaru! I would have loved to have had it this past weekend here on the East coast. I was out camping for my annual fall muzzleloader whitetail hunt and even though I knew the weather was going to be coming through, a little some snow provides some great tracking possibilities. Well, Friday night comes, I didn't bring enough firewood to keep up a raging fire I would have liked, so I put myself to sleep in my 40* bag. Fast forward throughout the night to me putting on all my hunting gear to stay warm and waking up in the morning to a collapsed tent from all the snow (is there a tent give-away too?). The best part is I shot a big 8 the next morning! Actually, that's a lie, I didn't see a single hide nor hair. The deer were smarter than this guy and moved to lower elevation.

I'd also plan on using this next year. I've got the green light from the wife to head to Colorado for my first elk hunt. I plan on backpacking in with a friend and giving it our best shot. Thanks again! And don't worry about me being on their site, I've already been on there a few times checking out their awesome gear.
-Travis

mmbackpacker

May 6, 2014
I'd like to use the gear on an musk ox hunt. Deep in the arctic north. At least three separate flights to get there. Staying in a plywood shack, barely heated.

mnbull

Sep 4, 2014
Thanks Kifaru, have not used your stuff, but it looks amazing...
I was out to MT elk hunting and we rented a wall tent from a packhorse outfitter. The ranch hand accidentally gave our tent, a 16x20ft tent, to the group who came in the day before. So we got their reserved tent, about a 10x10. There were 6 people in our group, and there was not enough room for everyone and there gear...Needless to say, i drew the short straw and ended up sleeping in the 4x8 trailer we used to haul everything out there. No heater, vent, etc... It sucked, but it would have sucked a lot less if I would have had the Kifaru sleeping bag. That thing looks more comfortable than my bed at home....

Shredder

Aug 21, 2012
I could have used that in Colorado on my elk hunt this fall. Though it was warm, I could not pack a heavier sleeping bag thus I ended up getting cold each night. Kifaru Nomad pack with lots of add-ons is on my list for next fall!!! Thanks for the Giveaway Kifaru

Loug

Nov 4, 2014
Thanks Kifaru, i already use and love your gears and i would love to use this sleeping bags for a contest...it is called "Winter Silent Night".
Every year a lot of people have to freeze in order to attend to it, walking around the Italian Appennini (i'll post a photo) in the Emilia Romagna region.
I'd got the toe of my boot burned one year, trying to warm up my insensible foot onto a fire :D
It would help to spend the night warmer this year.
Thank you again and cheers from Italy.

M.

Gary Yingst

Nov 4, 2014
West Virginia
Thanks Kifaru for your giveaway. I do not own any of your products at this time. When the kids get out of college I am sure I will. Could have used the bag this fall in my Pennsylvania cabin. It's off the grid and got a little cold at night.

Khakhootee

Nov 4, 2014
Juneau, Alaska
Thanks Kifaru,
As the hunting season pushes forward, and daylight hours become less and less, this gear will allow me to stay out long after all the other hunters pull the plug on their hunt; overnight hunts = full freezer, cool stories

G.O.

Nov 4, 2014
Ha!! (First, thank you Kifaru for your generous donations and partnership to Eastmans Forum!
I was elk hunting last year....long wilderness hike in and my legs were screaming! It was late and so I started setting up my new tent, Hiker Biker II, (hadn't used it yet....BEEG MISTAKE!!) Set it up slightly uphill...(but with the shallow/foot end on the up side). When I realized my mistake, I'd already set guy-lines and there were plenty...I wasn't going to redo! I ate, drank a bit of rum and climbed into my tent....slightly buzzed and pulled up my zipper on my Helium bag. Shortly after falling asleep, I got some nasty, wicked leg cramps and with my nose, basically touching the "shallow end" of my tent....and then not being able to unzip the "notorious" Helium zipper on my bag....I was in a painfully awkward position....basically immobilized and all I could do was howl and writhe in agony!! And I did!! I imagine I sounded a lot like a pack of coyotes! Since then....I got a new tent, but I've got the same darn sleeping bag whose zipper "cannot" be easily undone!! Your Kifaru sleeping bag with the zipper down the middle looks like it would work dandy for me.....the next time I get cramps.....and there will certainly be a next time, I'm addicted to wilderness bow hunting elk!! Thanks again!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.