Kifaru Giveaway!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRDHUNTER

Jan 3, 2013
Thanks Kifaru. I would have like this bag for rifle elk hunt. Could also use the E&E for photography all year long. Will post pic of BT2 in action when I get to my home computer.

cordini

Mar 17, 2011
Thanks Kifaru for the giveaway! My hunting weather this year was fairly mild.....There may be a December Muley hunt that I could really use this for. It can get a little cold in the ND Badlands.....

sandys18

Sep 3, 2014
Thank you Kifaru I could use a good sleeping bag for my trip to the boundary waters this winter.

LoneHunter23

Nov 4, 2014
Thanks Kifaru! I would love to try your gear on my next hunt for Mouphlan Sheep and Ibex Goat on the Hawaiian Islands! Hawaii you say??? Yes the tropic rain and trade winds can put you to the test in the steep terrain! Thanks again!

s2alcdr

Nov 4, 2014
Thanks Kifaru. The hunt was when I was a kid. My dad took my brother and I to the Kiamichis in OK for a deer hunt over Thanksgiving. The wives came up for the holiday weekend and took over the trailer we had been staying in. So out to the tent we went, old Army mummy sleeping bags with fuel stick hand warmers in the bottom of them to help. Halfway through the night the hand warmer quit working. In the morning I awoke to frost and icicles hanging from the inside of the tent. I had never been so cold in my life and I have been cold many more times since then.

1. Post in this thread to thank Kifaru for this giveaway. If you have used Kifaru gear post a second time with a picture of Kifaru gear in use and your name will be in the hat twice.
Kifaru, thanks so much for doing this give away. I've actually been looking to buy an E&E as a personal birthday gift for law school as my book bag is starting to rip on the bottom (already missing a strap) and I wanted a great quality EDC bag! I also do a lot of day hikes, mountain biking and out door activities, so I wanted a nice durable bag I could use in and out of school. Actually fell in love with the size and simplicity of the E&E. I do not own any Kifaru gear but I've heard so many good things about them (I've emailed back and forth with Joe and he's been very helpful), so this would be my first.
2. Tell us the hunt you wish you would have had this sleeping bag on this season and why. We want to hear good stories on this one, let's make this giveaway a fun read for everyone involved.
I don't have any previous hunting stories as my first hunting trip ever will be this winter break in Ohio (Currently purchasing some required gear for the trip)! I could really use the sleeping bag (and a Kifaru quality bag as opposed to the budget bag I'd be buying) to keep myself from freezing to death, paired with the E&E to carry some of the essentials while I'm out on the trip. Love the stories you all have posted. Many of the stories my uncle has told me are similar and he always have me laughing from all the crazy things that happen! I'm super excited for my trip!
3. Visit their website and see what else they have to offer.
Been visiting their site lately during my research for an EDC pack.

Last edited:

BadWolf

Nov 4, 2014
www.facebook.com
Thank you Kifaru.....and thank you.
I love my slick bag. I Always thought it would be an improvement if it was a top opener. I run a Clark nx250 hammock and its a bit of a pain to get in and out of with thw sleeping bag (dont care for under quilts). Last fall I was up the Diamond Notch Trail in the Catskills NY. The temp dropped to about 5 below. I was snug and warm till i go up to pee. Flopped out flat on my face and had a helluva time getting back to sleep after struggling back into the hammock. A top loader would be key. ;-)

mjprohoroff

Nov 4, 2014
Thank you Kifatu!!!

I hike and camp in a hammock for elk and it was very cold and wet this year. That sleeping bag looks toasty warm and I think the top entry would work great in a hammock!

Powerman777

Jul 3, 2012
North Dakota
Thanks Kifaru, I could have used this sleeping bag this year after I hiked to 9700 feet mule deer hunting and realized after I crawled into my sleeping bag that it was broke on the zipper. It got a little chilly at being 38 degrees and rainy.

mudlake88

Nov 4, 2014
Awesome giveaway, thanks Kifaru. Here is a picture of a loaded duplex highcamp helping my buddy pack his pull of the mountain in Montana. And the benefits when we got to camp!

The bag would be nice for next year in the same mountains ...got pretty chilly in the wall tent late September.

Also- Can't wait to check out the new guide lid!!

rosebranch

Nov 4, 2014
Thanks Kifaru for the great products. Currently I do not own any but will be looking into purchasing some by next year for my Colorado ELK and MULE Deer hunts.

AliDanko

Oct 20, 2014
Thanks Kirafu! This setup would have been great for my mule deer and elk hunts this week in Colorado.

dcraw

Oct 14, 2014
Northern Ontario
Thanks Kifaru for the chance at great giveaways. Sure could have used your sleeping bag this year on our moose hunt that I just got back from here in northern Ontario. One of our gang decided that we would try a new small stove for the tent instead of the old faithful wood stove. Well after 7 days of first rain and then snow with temps dropping to -10 at night and a little stove that only lasted for an hour or two we were all waking up very cold by the morning. Guess we will take the wood stove next year unless I win your sleeping bag then I will just laugh at the rest of the guys from my warm bed.

Team Kabob

Very Active Member
May 9, 2014
Thanks Kifaru! Would love to try your gear out! Wish I had your sleeping system on my last Alaska hunt to keep even warmer!

bulldown

May 29, 2011
Thanks for the giveaway Kifaru! I'd love to put your sleeping bag to the test on my late season deer hunt.

Status
Not open for further replies.