Who else is...

ScottR

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
Squats yesterday, back and biceps today. Planning a long cardio session for Wednesday.

My yearly review of my program is about to happen, probably going to maintain 5 days a week but move to 3 lifting and 2 doing dedicated cardio. I need to look at a few ways to alternate core lifts, etc.

tim

Veteran member
Jun 4, 2011
north idaho
fricken covid, i am vaccinated so only sick for a couple of days, but it attacked an old injury in my back. hurt to walk, sit, stand, but could still peddle. i was elk hunting until saturday night when i tripped and fell. now it really hurts to do anything but lay on my back.

to me the body pain of covid sucks big time.

Reactions: THelms

THelms

Administrator
Staff member
fricken covid, i am vaccinated so only sick for a couple of days, but it attacked an old injury in my back. hurt to walk, sit, stand, but could still peddle. i was elk hunting until saturday night when i tripped and fell. now it really hurts to do anything but lay on my back.

to me the body pain of covid sucks big time.
Dang man, praying you're better soon.

marcusvdk

Veteran member
Dec 13, 2011
Michigan
Well I had a doctor appointment today for my normal foot treatment. Tjats going well they are almost gone now. But I have had a nagging hip and side of leg pain for a few weeks now and after showing the dr a nd talking to him. Thinks its my IT band. Given my medical history (gastric sleeve) I cant have Nasids which is normally the first treatment to reduce inflammation. So want me to not run outside for 2 weeks and use the elliptical lightly and my recumbent bike instead. Add in some extra stretches and foam roller. Along with some ice qnd heat therapy to treat it. Seems to think if i do that for 2 weeks ill be able to go back to running outside again. Kinda a bummer as I was really starting to work my distance up

Reactions: THelms

ScottR

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
Well I had a doctor appointment today for my normal foot treatment. Tjats going well they are almost gone now. But I have had a nagging hip and side of leg pain for a few weeks now and after showing the dr a nd talking to him. Thinks its my IT band. Given my medical history (gastric sleeve) I cant have Nasids which is normally the first treatment to reduce inflammation. So want me to not run outside for 2 weeks and use the elliptical lightly and my recumbent bike instead. Add in some extra stretches and foam roller. Along with some ice qnd heat therapy to treat it. Seems to think if i do that for 2 weeks ill be able to go back to running outside again. Kinda a bummer as I was really starting to work my distance up
Heal up quick!

Reactions: marcusvdk

RICMIC

Veteran member
Feb 21, 2012
Two Harbors, Minnesota
Well, I just returned form 8 days in the Colorado mountains. My fitness prep was held back by family issues, but aparently I had done enough to survive the experience without too much suffering. Two young 54 year olds and I (69) hiked a couple miles back and camped at 8,300'. Cold and snow made it uncomfortable at times, but the melting snow made the hiking more than a real bitch at times. My pack was likely well over 60# on the way in, but casual hunting to 9K' with a day pack was enjoyable. I did wrench my back on a slip in the gumbo, but took some medicinals and a 3 hour rest and recovered OK. It may have been a different story if we had actually shot anything, as that would have required multiple pack trips out. At home, my muscles are not sore at all, but do have a bit of sunburn and a pair of really sore hips. I'll likely get some replacements some day, but the doctors tell me that I have to suffer some more first.

marcusvdk

Veteran member
Dec 13, 2011
Michigan
Monday
Still elliptical 5k training series to keep my running stamina well healing the IT band. 37388

Lifted ( chest, biceps,)
Still working on pullups getting close

Reactions: Winchester