Who else is...

tim

Veteran member
Jun 4, 2011
north idaho
Monday
Got an evening hunt in no luck

Decided on the next series on the elliptical going with a Grand Canyon hike series. South rim to river and back up. 15 part series the decent is 30 min hikes and the climb will be 20-25 min hikes.
in college I hiked to the Colorado river\phantom ranch and back out in a day. we came in off of the south rim. It was also 31 years ago, I was 19 maybe 20.

Reactions: marcusvdk

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
Monday
Got an evening hunt in no luck

Decided on the next series on the elliptical going with a Grand Canyon hike series. South rim to river and back up. 15 part series the decent is 30 min hikes and the climb will be 20-25 min hikes.
Way back when if I wanted to do a hike like this I would have to schedule 3 or 4 days off and do it all in one outing.

Now you can do it over a couple of weeks with a hot shower and a soft bed every day and night.

I remember my first real big hike. I started at Bear Lake in Utah and ended at Flaming Gorge. It took me 3 weeks, but I did stop and fish quite often

marcusvdk

Veteran member
Dec 13, 2011
Michigan
Way back when if I wanted to do a hike like this I would have to schedule 3 or 4 days off and do it all in one outing.

Now you can do it over a couple of weeks with a hot shower and a soft bed every day and night.

I remember my first real big hike. I started at Bear Lake in Utah and ended at Flaming Gorge. It took me 3 weeks, but I did stop and fish quite often
Yeah kinda nice to be able to do these hikes on the elliptical helps keep me motivated as I'm not just staring at a blank screen or numbers. Now some day on would like to visit these places and do some of these hikes in real life as im sure the videos dont do it enough justice.

go_deep

Veteran member
Nov 30, 2014
Wyoming
Yesterday I deer hunted in wind gusts exceeding 60 mph, that was a workout!!
Fixed fence, dug in fence posts before lunch today, and took the kids swimming for 2 hours after lunch.
Back to deer tomorrow, with high wind warnings again... bonus all the forest roads are snowed shut, so I have to walk up the road just to get to where I want to walk in. Guess i'm getting my exercise.

Reactions: marcusvdk

Slugz

Veteran member
Oct 12, 2014
Woodland Park, Colorado
Oct light workout series is complete. Sorry I didnt post much, work sucked this hitch. Seemed like one accident or emergency after another and i was lucky just to get a workout in every day.

I start home in 48 hours and gooseapalooza has turned into mooseapalooza. I got a pretty lengthy list to scout and glass in hopes of turning up a cow for the son. Stay tuned....!!

go_deep

Veteran member
Nov 30, 2014
Wyoming
go deep
what happened to fall?
it is wierd to see snow on the ground in town in october.
Global warming is taking over.
I don't know, but if this keeps up there's going to be some hungry critters later this winter. Guess that's nature's way of taking out the weak though.