Who else is...

marcusvdk

Veteran member
Dec 13, 2011
Michigan
small 6x7
Very nice bull. I'd be putting him on my wall but I've never been out west yet so that makes a difference I suppose. Got Wyoming antelope points to use soon. Trying to convince the wife to let me go on out of state trips every 2-3 years isn't easy lol.

marcusvdk

Veteran member
Dec 13, 2011
Michigan
Monday
Did 30 mins of my resistance band workouts. Something my nutritionist for my regime wants me to increase as she said I'm doing good cardio but not enough muscle/strength workouts

My bikes batteries died so that was a no go tonight have to get new ones tomorrow

Reactions: Timr245

Timr245

Very Active Member
Jul 21, 2016
Northcentral PA
Trying to recovery a little this week as I’ve been plagued with stupid over-use type nagging pains and my elk hunt did nothing to help any of that. Not working out so far though - 28,000 steps, mostly up and down ladders, in 2 days working on trying to button up my garage addition before the snow flies.

marcusvdk

Veteran member
Dec 13, 2011
Michigan
Thursday rest day

Friday
Last part if the last mountain in my 24 workout series on the elliptical.
568 ft elevation gain

2 min warmup
10 rounds
(1 min steady pace
1 min speed)

Then he added a 4 min bonus speed section at the end.
3.25 min cooldown

Kinda sad this series is over now I'm looking for my next incline hiking series on the ifit program

Attachments

Reactions: conibear

marcusvdk

Veteran member
Dec 13, 2011
Michigan
Saturday
25 mins with my resistance bands

Sunday cleaning up the yard for winter got the shed organized and yard toys put away

Bonecollector

Veteran member
Mar 9, 2014
Ohio
Way to stay after it Marcus. If you recall last year, I mentioned to you to increase your resistance training as it helps on several levels. Good job on staying on top of the cardio. Don't rule out the benefits of getting outside for your cardio as well. Walking hills or climbing steps are awesome exercises as you know. You've been here before and I see you are again making steady progress in reaching your goal. Biggest hurdle will be finding and fixing what went wrong. I think you already answered this in an earlier post, but keep these answers on the forefront of your thoughts. History may be destined to repeat itself, but your name is Marcus. :) Now keep after it buddy!

Just back from my 9,000' Co Muley Hunt last week. Story to come... Lot of hiking and climbing and (spoiler) heavy pack.

Friday: Chest & Traps
Saturday: Jogged 6 miles

Reactions: marcusvdk and JimP

marcusvdk

Veteran member
Dec 13, 2011
Michigan
Way to stay after it Marcus. If you recall last year, I mentioned to you to increase your resistance training as it helps on several levels. Good job on staying on top of the cardio. Don't rule out the benefits of getting outside for your cardio as well. Walking hills or climbing steps are awesome exercises as you know. You've been here before and I see you are again making steady progress in reaching your goal. Biggest hurdle will be finding and fixing what went wrong. I think you already answered this in an earlier post, but keep these answers on the forefront of your thoughts. History may be destined to repeat itself, but your name is Marcus. :) Now keep after it buddy!

Just back from my 9,000' Co Muley Hunt last week. Story to come... Lot of hiking and climbing and (spoiler) heavy pack.

Friday: Chest & Traps
Saturday: Jogged 6 miles
Thanks Bonecollector yeah you are right. it's not my workout habits that have ever really been my issues it's always been the intake. The regimine for surgery I've been on for the last 4 months of visit with nutritionists and physical trainers has helped me along with the intake. Its given me more information on ratios of protien, carbs, fats. What foods to look for and so forth. They also have pushed me more on the resistance training. Going to the trainer they have been doing more weights and resistance training with me then cardio.

I have also started changing up my routine weekly. I do mostly the same workouts but now I'm switching up the orders and rest days to help keep the body guessing a little bit more.

Night eating has been issue always had been. I stick to my plan all day and it falls apart a few hours before bed time. The surgery will help with this and the base of workout and how to eat right will help me stay successful after words

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
I did a complete workout today.

Shoveled 120' drive way of 5" of wet heavy snow. I had to take 2 sit downs to get it accomplished.

I then installed the plow onto my ATV in anticipation of the upcoming storm.o_O

Timr245

Very Active Member
Jul 21, 2016
Northcentral PA
I did a complete workout today.

Shoveled 120' drive way of 5" of wet heavy snow. I had to take 2 sit downs to get it accomplished.

I then installed the plow onto my ATV in anticipation of the upcoming storm.o_O
I have a feeling I’ll be installing the snowblower on the Kubota early this year here in PA. We’re overdue for a real northern PA winter.

Reactions: marcusvdk

marcusvdk

Veteran member
Dec 13, 2011
Michigan
Monday
Got an evening hunt in no luck

Decided on the next series on the elliptical going with a Grand Canyon hike series. South rim to river and back up. 15 part series the decent is 30 min hikes and the climb will be 20-25 min hikes.

Attachments