Who else is...

Bonecollector

Veteran member
Mar 9, 2014
Ohio
I was forced to take 2 weeks off due to a minor injury. But slowly working back into things.
Keep after it guys! It's not about conqueroring the mountain, it's about living a quality life and enjoying our family, friends, and hobbies.

Reactions: marcusvdk

RICMIC

Veteran member
Feb 21, 2012
Two Harbors, Minnesota
Well, here's a short note on not so much what I did to prepare, but rather on how well it worked out. My Colorado elk hunt started with a 6 mile hike into a high mt. lake (10,600'), 3 days of fishing and game spotting, then the hike-out. After a day in town, it was the start of the guided hunt..2 hour horseback, and 5 days on foot, hunting up to 11,500'. My six weeks of aggressive pack training, and the DIY trip to acclimate got me in the condition I needed to be with no injuries or regrets. The toughest part of my trip was the first day hike. I was completely bushed when I got there, and just about everything hurt as I lay in my tent wondering if this was going to be my last hurrah. NOPE! Every day was better, and by day 3 I felt like I was only 50 again. I encourage everyone here to get in good shape and stay there for the rest of your lives, even if you never make that dream hunt out west.

ScottR

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
This week is all abou SLEEP! This sinus infection has been one for the books and I am feeling pretty good today. Adding an extra hour to the front of my sleep is going to be key to having a great hunt. I'm excited for this next trip!

marcusvdk

Veteran member
Dec 13, 2011
Michigan
Well, here's a short note on not so much what I did to prepare, but rather on how well it worked out. My Colorado elk hunt started with a 6 mile hike into a high mt. lake (10,600'), 3 days of fishing and game spotting, then the hike-out. After a day in town, it was the start of the guided hunt..2 hour horseback, and 5 days on foot, hunting up to 11,500'. My six weeks of aggressive pack training, and the DIY trip to acclimate got me in the condition I needed to be with no injuries or regrets. The toughest part of my trip was the first day hike. I was completely bushed when I got there, and just about everything hurt as I lay in my tent wondering if this was going to be my last hurrah. NOPE! Every day was better, and by day 3 I felt like I was only 50 again. I encourage everyone here to get in good shape and stay there for the rest of your lives, even if you never make that dream hunt out west.
Great to hear the hard work paying off to make your hunt an enjoyable experience. Get an elk?

RICMIC

Veteran member
Feb 21, 2012
Two Harbors, Minnesota
Great to hear the hard work paying off to make your hunt an enjoyable experience. Get an elk?
Thanks Marcus; yes I did get a decent bull. I will post the story and photos when I get back from my WY antelope hunt. I took a lot of pics with a good camera, but they won't post on the new format here, so I will have to play around with it some.

Reactions: marcusvdk

tim

Veteran member
Jun 4, 2011
north idaho
I have not tried to post pics, how do you do it?

got to work out with a 4x4 buck this morning. In the predawn light looking out my living room window, he was bedded down, 10 yards from the house. good motivation or bad, not sure. Why work hard when they are in your yard? lol

RICMIC

Veteran member
Feb 21, 2012
Two Harbors, Minnesota
I have not tried to post pics, how do you do it?

got to work out with a 4x4 buck this morning. In the predawn light looking out my living room window, he was bedded down, 10 yards from the house. good motivation or bad, not sure. Why work hard when they are in your yard? lol
I just write my post, then click on the insert image icon above. That brings up my stored gallery, and I upload the chosen image(s). It was no problem in the past, but now it shows the photos take up too much memory to post.?????? I' m heading to WY at 4:30am tomorrow, so I won't sweat it until after I return.

marcusvdk

Veteran member
Dec 13, 2011
Michigan
I just write my post, then click on the insert image icon above. That brings up my stored gallery, and I upload the chosen image(s). It was no problem in the past, but now it shows the photos take up too much memory to post.?????? I' m heading to WY at 4:30am tomorrow, so I won't sweat it until after I return.
Yeah I've notice since the web friendly version came out I cant up load original photos I have to do screen shots on my phone then they are small enough

marcusvdk

Veteran member
Dec 13, 2011
Michigan
Weekend went up to our cousins cabin. Boys loved playing with their cousins and riding the boat.
Sunday night replaced the over range microwave as old one died friday before we left

Monday
recumbent bike 60 mins 21.61 miles
60 mins mowing
Cleaned some of the house.

Reactions: go_deep