Who else is...

tim

Veteran member
Jun 4, 2011
north idaho
drinking my morning coffee and I hear a cow elk bark. I look out the window in the predawn light and can't see anything, I go back to doing what I was doing and here a cow again. I go back to the window and 350 yards out on the next hillside is a herd of about a dozen cows and calfs, I hear a bull and then see a spike coming running down the hill, I am thinking it was not the spike I heard, and about 30 seconds later a raghorn 5x5 bull comes out. He had already scraped his velvet off. I have a pair of 15x56 swaros on a tripod by the windows at all times, I got to look at him pretty good for about a minute. we where actually looking at each other for a little bit. I would take him, I got one just like him last year and it was tasty and I am just about out of elk meat. fall is coming, Saturday morning it was 48 and raining when I parked the truck for my bike ride.

tim

Veteran member
Jun 4, 2011
north idaho
Some thing for you boys and girls coming out west this year to think about, before you go hunting. Something I said to a buddy before our DIY Alaskan moose float hunt.

We are going to come across some adversity. I don't know what it will be or when it will be, but when it comes we will have to deal with it.

you folks are going to be in a new environment, you will get bored, you will get deflated, you will question why this is fun. Just keep your chin up and take care of what ever shows up. flat tire, your animal being shot by some one else. the fog rolling in and not giving you any visibility. the smoke is so thick can't see or breathe. ect ect. just know you are going to have some uncomfortable times, and you will do fine.