Who else is...

marcusvdk

Veteran member
Dec 13, 2011
Michigan
Tuesday
Did a 15min recumbent bike ride this morning

Then 3 hours of yard work an hour of it push mowing.

Tweaked my back a little doing the yard work so rested from doing an evening exercise to stretch and loosen up the back

RICMIC

Veteran member
Feb 21, 2012
Two Harbors, Minnesota
I've upped my pack weight to 32# by adding a few more items that will be going into the mountains with me. I wanted to see if the Granite Gear backpacking pack will do the job since I won't be carrying a rifle or packing game out with it. The plan is 5 days scouting, fishing, small game hunting (with a 22 pistol - S&W M41). My final load will be between 45#-50#. Then a pack out to meet up with the outfitter. The hunt will be guided via horses, so they will carry the heavy load if needed.
A comment on the hiking poles. I used my Black Diamond poles the last two days, and by using them it totally eliminated the pain than I normally feel in my hips when going uphill with a pack on. The also save my knees when going downhill. At this point, my main concern is to stay healthy and uninjured, rather that being in tip-top shape.

tim

Veteran member
Jun 4, 2011
north idaho
very nice ride yesterday afternoon. Nice temp and you could smell the huckleberries.
I decided it was not prudent to take the selfie with the moose calf with mom glaring at me.
I got charged by a rabbit. no shit, it came down the cut bank right at me, crosses the road and then finally sees me and hangs a 90 and is gone. but I did run into the worse animal of all to run into. a skunk with its tail up. luckily I did not get sprayed. I have been sprayed twice before.

marcusvdk

Veteran member
Dec 13, 2011
Michigan
Wednesday
Back still wasn't feeling right and after a long day at work rested

Thursday.

Short morning ride before leaving for Minnesota for a trip with the wife for our anniversary. Drove a long ways and stopped in Madison Wi for the night then drive the rest tomorrow and hit the gym at the hotel or laps in the pool tomorrow