Who else is...

RICMIC

Veteran member
Feb 21, 2012
Two Harbors, Minnesota
I've upped my pack weight to 32# by adding a few more items that will be going into the mountains with me. I wanted to see if the Granite Gear backpacking pack will do the job since I won't be carrying a rifle or packing game out with it. The plan is 5 days scouting, fishing, small game hunting (with a 22 pistol - S&W M41). My final load will be between 45#-50#. Then a pack out to meet up with the outfitter. The hunt will be guided via horses, so they will carry the heavy load if needed.
A comment on the hiking poles. I used my Black Diamond poles the last two days, and by using them it totally eliminated the pain than I normally feel in my hips when going uphill with a pack on. The also save my knees when going downhill. At this point, my main concern is to stay healthy and uninjured, rather that being in tip-top shape.

tim

Veteran member
Jun 4, 2011
north idaho
very nice ride yesterday afternoon. Nice temp and you could smell the huckleberries.
I decided it was not prudent to take the selfie with the moose calf with mom glaring at me.
I got charged by a rabbit. no shit, it came down the cut bank right at me, crosses the road and then finally sees me and hangs a 90 and is gone. but I did run into the worse animal of all to run into. a skunk with its tail up. luckily I did not get sprayed. I have been sprayed twice before.

marcusvdk

Veteran member
Dec 13, 2011
Michigan
Wednesday
Back still wasn't feeling right and after a long day at work rested

Thursday.

Short morning ride before leaving for Minnesota for a trip with the wife for our anniversary. Drove a long ways and stopped in Madison Wi for the night then drive the rest tomorrow and hit the gym at the hotel or laps in the pool tomorrow