Who else is...

tim

Veteran member
Jun 4, 2011
north idaho
turkeys
first off, i am sorry if i offened some one.
Kill all those fricken nuisance birds. they deficate all over the porch, eat the cat food and just generally are a dirty bird, that fights it's own reflection in my downstairs window. if you can't tell i am not a fan of the nuisance birds.

with that said, i have been living with them for 18 years. Find where they roost and they are easy to kill. Also, be around private land if you can. I always see long beards in someones yard.

Mule3006Elk

Jul 3, 2013
turkeys
first off, i am sorry if i offened some one.
Kill all those fricken nuisance birds. they deficate all over the porch, eat the cat food and just generally are a dirty bird, that fights it's own reflection in my downstairs window. if you can't tell i am not a fan of the nuisance birds.

with that said, i have been living with them for 18 years. Find where they roost and they are easy to kill. Also, be around private land if you can. I always see long beards in someones yard.
I wish I knew some private land owners here in ID that desperately wanted to get rid of a few birds. My son and I would gladly assist!
I don't so we work public land close to private. First year really trying so we will see.

Bonecollector

Veteran member
Mar 9, 2014
Ohio
Marcus, do you still do any of the biking? We used to have a lot of fun challenging you on that! Great efforts and strides made over the years.

marcusvdk

Veteran member
Dec 13, 2011
Michigan
Marcus, do you still do any of the biking? We used to have a lot of fun challenging you on that! Great efforts and strides made over the years.
Yup 2-3 times a week on the recumbent bike. Last one was Tuesday 8.25 miles in 25 mins. I tempered it down after surgery to 25-30 min rides from the hour long ones I was doing before. I did do a 45 min ride a week or two ago though did feel to bad.

Mule3006Elk

Jul 3, 2013
9 miles chasing gobblers yesterday. No luck.
Got into gobblers in the morning. Couldn't pull him off private.
Got into a long calling session with a gobbler late afternoon. Initially on public. We had to relocate via FR to get closer. Made an approach but by then he had moved into private property about 100 yards. Couldn't pull him in.

Reactions: marcusvdk

marcusvdk

Veteran member
Dec 13, 2011
Michigan
9 miles chasing gobblers yesterday. No luck.
Got into gobblers in the morning. Couldn't pull him off private.
Got into a long calling session with a gobbler late afternoon. Initially on public. We had to relocate via FR to get closer. Made an approach but by then he had moved into private property about 100 yards. Couldn't pull him in.
Sounds like a helluva good day and time though. I got crap weather Wednesday and Thursday snow/rain mix and 30-40 mph gusts. And late shift friday so didnt get out anymore this week. Thought my season was over then I looked through the regs and realized this year they added the first week of June to the first week season I drew since that mid April time the weather is so unpredictable. So I'm done with turkeys till June now.

Reactions: Mule3006Elk