Where is everyone?

Slugz

Veteran member
Oct 12, 2014
Woodland Park, Colorado
Been busy planning for the caribou trip this year and Wyo elk hunt with the girlfriend ( she has a type 2 and 6).

Setting Sept camp for a newbie that has a cow muzzle tag. Hoping we can get him his first.

Ive been gettting alot of help via pm for my Wyo hunting.

When not doing the above been at work. Ive been on a 56/56 rotation since last Feb so hoping we go back to normal shifts soon.

ore hunter

Very Active Member
Jul 25, 2014
i agree the 90-10 debates really got heated up,,here and hunt talk both,,easy to get worked up on that one,,just gotta wait and see on that one and let it go

Reactions: Turbodude and Slugz

Maxhunter

Veteran member
Apr 10, 2011
Wyoming
I've been busy with honey do list. Also been helping a young neighbor getting his archery shooting form in check. I also had a local guy draw a WY Mtn Goat tag and been giving him help on where to focus his efforts. He actually filled his tag on Tuesday. I can't post a picture yet.

memtb

Enjoying a most wonderful event......rain! This is nothing to many folks....but, a WOW moment for us. We’ve received just over an inch of rain in the past 30 or so hours, and morning lows in the low 50’s with upper 40’s for tomorrow morning!

Our anual average precipitation is under 6”, so 1” or more is a Hallelujah moment.....and in August! 😜

Lots of work to do around the place.....may be postponed for a day or so! memtb

ScottR

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
Enjoying a most wonderful event......rain! This is nothing to many folks....but, a WOW moment for us. We’ve received just over an inch of rain in the past 30 or so hours, and morning lows in the low 50’s with upper 40’s for tomorrow morning!

Our anual average precipitation is under 6”, so 1” or more is a Hallelujah moment.....and in August! 😜

Lots of work to do around the place.....may be postponed for a day or so! memtb

Same here, pretty fantastic! Three days of precipitation!!!

BuzzH

Very Active Member
Apr 15, 2015
For some, busy helping NR friends with their first elk, even though a few on this board think I hate NR's.

My good friend from IL applied himself, his son, and a friend of his son's for elk in WY.

I set up my elk camp for them and helped his son's friend on opening day. Found a knot of elk the day before opener, found them again on opening day. Sorted through them to pick a cow without a calf. Made a good shot at 268 yards and he had his first elk.

I think if this young man lived in WY he'd be pretty rough on the elk, he's a good hand with good elk hunting instincts for a 17 year old with no elk hunting experience.

My buddy shot another the next day, so they went 2/3 and I think they're coming back later for the last one.

mosquito

Nov 1, 2012
NE ohio
Im still lurking around also . General mule deer tag in Montana and some doe tags . Just haven't had much to add. Summer is winding down kids are heading back to school Monday... im sure hunting will consume my mind soon

Reactions: memtb

Timber Stalker

May 22, 2020
I check in daily, I don’t do book face so this and one other hunting forum is my only social media connection. I’ve always liked the crowd here, respectful, knowledgeable and entertaining.
I haven’t posted a lot lately, it’s a really messy world and it’s tough to be positive sometimes.
I’ve been spending more time working and playing with my Jeep this year. One sand dune trip and two races, it’s been a lot of fun. I have iit running really well, last race it turned a 4.43 at 71 mph in 100 yards.36319

memtb

This summer has been very hot and for a lot of us we have been busy at work and with life.
I really haven’t noticed much drop off then the usual this time of year but with seasons starting to open we should start seeing more traffic.

Our early summer was quite hot and dry, but, of late.....much more like September than August! And I ain’t complain’n! 😉 memtb

Rich M

Very Active Member
Oct 16, 2012
Nothing new...may do the same tomorrow if I feel like it.
Just playing Buzz - why folks want to shoot stuff in the heat of summer is beyond me. Probably super easy if the elk are in farmer's crops.

We start deer down here in July. The rut is happening in S FL. N FL has to wait until February. So, for the guys who like to drive, they can hunt from July til February. I'm not that into it - too danged hot much of the time down here.

Reactions: marcusvdk

Naturebob

Feb 28, 2016
phoenix, az.
I am on a lot of Sites and its slow every where. Even Here in Phoenix with 5 Million people our main site is really not slow but not a lot of hunting info or talk. I think a lot of guys are up in Elk country to get out of the heat. .Arizona has had a Terrific Monsoon thank God. Water everywhere. Good Luck to all. I am tag less this year. will help a few buddies. Cashing in my 12 Elk points next year in Wyo. ,will be 66 then ,time to hunt while I can still get around pretty good. I have 29 points for Bighorn here , but thats still no mans land......................BOB!

Reactions: D_Dubya

BuzzH

Very Active Member
Apr 15, 2015
Just playing Buzz - why folks want to shoot stuff in the heat of summer is beyond me. Probably super easy if the elk are in farmer's crops.

We start deer down here in July. The rut is happening in S FL. N FL has to wait until February. So, for the guys who like to drive, they can hunt from July til February. I'm not that into it - too danged hot much of the time down here.
If you've ever sampled a cow elk shot in August...you would know EXACTLY why people want to shoot them in the heat of summer. Way different than one in December.

Rich M

Very Active Member
Oct 16, 2012
If you've ever sampled a cow elk shot in August...you would know EXACTLY why people want to shoot them in the heat of summer. Way different than one in December.
Sounds like a good excuse for me.

Never had elk period - so far caribou is the best game I've eaten.

Reactions: memtb

alaska2go

Oct 20, 2012
Canon City, CO
I think people, including me get tired of politized & industrialization of hunting. We get frustrated ! There is too many "groups" that think they know what is best for the animals & the consumer . Money, sustainability, residency, natives to the land, ( ie Alaska) outfitters, etc all have a MO.

People get emotional about topics that are near & dear to their hearts & hunting is one. I put the skid chain on my tongue because I will make a complete arse out of myself because I don't have the time, energy or knowledge to keep up. So I read & creep around to see what is happening & I can "feel" the frustration of people on some of the "laws & regulations" that are either imposed or recommended. Thus, I believe people need a " break" from it. Including me.