Social Distancing - What's Everyone Doing?

dan maule

Very Active Member
Jan 3, 2015
Upper Michigan
I'm jealous, I have lots of cedar, spruce and pine that I have dreams of sawing up and building a cabin. Some day after the kids are out of college I hope to get one.

cacklercrazy

Feb 24, 2011
So this whole flattening the curve thing is reality now, like it or not. The only question remaining is, what is everyone doing? Here's my list.
1. Family Time
2. Packing to move into a new home
3. Trying to go fishing
4. Hikind and looking for antlers
5. Reading - All my books have been in storage for three years so I've been reading more digital media.
6. Trying to limit the amount of time I spend on Social Media.
We have a dairy, so same as always. Working hard and losing money. On a good note when I'm at the hospital farm by myself I take the calls to get some practice in. I love running Honker and speck calls.

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
Got this trailer for $500 from a guy. Power washed all of the mold and crap off of it, aired up the tires, tightened the castle nuts, greased the bearings and Just finished my last coat of used motor oil the other day.

Last edited:

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
I could easily sell this for 1500 but this is what I am going to put my portable sawmill on.

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
FINAL TALLY:
3 Hydraulic hoses on the grapple bucket
Front tire came off the kubota tractor and filled the spindle and all of the bearings with mud (Thats a poor design...shame on Kubota)
1 Brake line on truck
1 blown trailer tire at 60 MPH
2 completely dull chainsaw chains.
3 black walnut trees had to die (Saving for the sawmill) and a copperhead snake for good measure.
80 gallons of diesel

Bonecollector

Veteran member
Mar 9, 2014
Ohio
So you cut down all that brush just to find a copperhead and kill it...? Well....kudos to you. I hate those things too!
Maybe I missed it, but what are you doing out there?

Hilltop

Veteran member
Feb 25, 2014
Eastern Nebraska
Started my one arrow per weekday routine today. Will shoot more on the weekends. This method has helped me a lot in previous years when I have been disciplined enough to do it. Starting off easy... I do random distances for the one a day. Today was 33 yards.

Attachments

Reactions: Winchester

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
Primary residence. I am too far from work and we are running out of room for our animals and I dont have room for a big garage here. We are a year out from breaking any serious ground.

Right now I have a million irons in the fire. Its quite a rat race here.

$3500 worth of 4's (250 tons) coming in this week that needs to be re-scheduled if they ever want to see their delivery truck again...
Building permits
Clearing land
Septic Permits
water well
electric
Not to mention, everything else breaking and not going to plan...

Pretty standard.