Opening The Can Of Worms...Coronavirus...

D_Dubya

Aug 8, 2012
South Texas
It will just be a side note in history, remembered only for the worldwide panic it caused than the death toll. (Full disclosure: I am neither a Doctor nor a fortune teller). I am 0% concerned about it at the current time.

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
It will go down as the pandemic that caused the TP manufactures to go into 24/7/365 mode just to keep up with demand.

Other than that who knows? I personally believe that the press is making more of it than they should.

Remember swine and bird flu? Most don't.

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
perspective

I have been on earth for over half a century and try as I might ,I can not think of a single loved one or aquintance or even friend of a friend , who ever died of the flu. I know it happens but in fifty years of living ,I can not think of a single one.

same can be said of corona virus .
I know plenty who died of heart issues ,cancer , auto accidents, drowning, murdered or even suicide but not a single influenca related death.
why panic before tragedy strikes??????????

boy scouts got it right , be prepared !

I have no doubt most can deal with it if they get a sniffle.

on a side note...…..I wonder how many of those folks who are avoiding crowded areas such as game events or movie theaters or music festivals, decided to go eat in a public restaurant instead???????????????? how many are going to church and hugging half the congregation????? how many will get infected while buying T.P at Walmart ????does anyone enter a Walmart without being exposed to some nasty thang??thanksgiving-traffic-walmart-memes.png

Last edited:

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
no need to fear a tp shortage

back in the days of old
when knights were bold
and toilets were not invented

you dropped your load
beside the road
and walked away contented!

go_deep

Veteran member
Nov 30, 2014
Wyoming
My odds of dying on the highway in Wyoming or of old age are significantly higher than this. I'm so concerned that i'm looking at booking cheap airline tickets and taking the family on a vacation!

Side note what would happen to this country or world if a really black plague epidemic happened where millions actually died? We raid stores over something so simple, I can't even imagine how bat crap crazy people would get.

Reactions: jmwyoming

Ikeepitcold

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 22, 2011
Reno Nv
Not concerned at all. I think this is a media hyped up and will go away when they can find something else to report on. They got bored after the impeachment went bad for them. All the sudden Pelosi is off the spotlight.

Reactions: bdan68

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
I posted this on another forum but I will re-post my thoughts here.

Its like this..... The media is controlled by democrats (Mostly Jewish Democrats, but thats beside the point).

Take a look at any election year. You will see that during every election year in the past 30 years there has been some type of scare being pushed by the media agenda.

Now, I AM NOT downplaying the Coronavirus. It is a serious virus. AND I TRULY HOPE THEY FIND A CURE.

HOWEVER, when the media pushes an agenda it is ALWAYS intentional.

So the BIG stock market players (I am talking the filthy rich with connection to all of the media outlets) have moved their money to safe accounts. Then the news comes out we are all going to die...and the stock market crashes.

Now ask yourself. Did they hold their funds in those safe accounts? Or did they re-invest heavily while the stock market is in the toilet.

It would be interesting VERY interesting to see who profits from this in the long run. Intentional? That is for you to decide.

Its not insider trading, but know this, people profit from panic. Especially when their buddy's over at ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, and MSN, YAHOO News are pushing an agenda to drive the stock markets down.

To me its American Fraud/Scare Tactics at it finest, being manufactured, for the profit of the elitists.

If you dont think that the news medias and the filthy rich are in ca-hoots I urge you to do some research for yourself.....

Conspiracy theory? Maybe....but I dont believe in coincidences. Never have.

We are a nation of sheep being led by wolves on both sides of the isle. When the wolves get hungry, they eat. Yet we still allow them to lead/control because your average American isn't educated enough to understand what is happening.

Cant beat em, join em? Ya right, if your a little guy in a big pond you're OUT. NOT in. So dont even try. The people who are weaponizing this disease and controlling the narratives are so filthy rich that you will never be allowed to be a part of any of it.

Yell Co AR Hunter

Very Active Member
Dec 10, 2015
Yell County Arkansas
I fear the economic impact more than the Virus. We are dang near shutting down this Country. Just the losses from all the sporting events will play a major role on many cities across this country. Anyone care to estimate what the average sports fan spends on travel, lodging, food, and other entertainment on a tournament trip. This is only a small part of the economic loss.

sleepingbear

Sep 15, 2011
Carson City
I agree its hipped up , My wife is in the covid-19 unit in South Lake Tahoe as i type they expect this to dye out in the next three weeks. The people of greatest concern are elderly with immune deficiency's. Kids are not effected but are carrier's which is why you may see some school closures ect. Take a few precautions that really should be considered on a daily basis especially if you fit the target criteria. Take care folks!!

RICMIC

Veteran member
Feb 21, 2012
Two Harbors, Minnesota
I am prepared for the Zombie-Apocolypse, but this got me by the shorts. Sort of reminds me of one of my fathers favorite poems;
"When in trouble,
when in doubt,
run in circles,
scream and shout.

Luckily for my wife and I that we had already figured out that we don't need a "bug-out kit", since we are already there. Only a forest fire will force us out.

ScottR

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
I fear the economic impact more than the Virus. We are dang near shutting down this Country. Just the losses from all the sporting events will play a major role on many cities across this country. Anyone care to estimate what the average sports fan spends on travel, lodging, food, and other entertainment on a tournament trip. This is only a small part of the economic loss.
Yes, that is my biggest concern as well.

Hilltop

Veteran member
Feb 25, 2014
Eastern Nebraska
I'm not sure what to think but I know 30 years ago the majority of the world wouldn't have even know about it.

The fear that this is creating is real. My mom is really worried and is rarely leaving her house. My company has limited travel and we have had to cancel several important business meetings this week. In an airport last week, the overall attitude of everyone was strange and everyone did their best to keep their distance from others.

The only action I am personally taking is watching the stock market to try to figure out when to jump in to take advantage of the plunge.

D_Dubya

Aug 8, 2012
South Texas
I wonder if this whole situation will effect draw odds, the market crashing during application season could have some folks a little hesitant to tie up a few grand on applications.

Yell Co AR Hunter

Very Active Member
Dec 10, 2015
Yell County Arkansas
I wonder if this whole situation will effect draw odds, the market crashing during application season could have some folks a little hesitant to tie up a few grand on applications.
I doubt that. Most of the hunting community are more of the common sense crowd.
It is the other folk I worry about. The ones making runs on all the toilet paper. I don't know about where you guys are from, but shelves are empty and limits in Arkansas. Much like the ammo a couple years ago. Two major school districts shutting down already. I the SEC basketball tournament canceled. I am sick of this mess.

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
Of all things to be short on....Like I tell my wife, I need my "bears and clouds"....not the cheap $hit paper. lol