Official Wyoming Draw Results Thread!

Againstthewind

Very Active Member
Mar 25, 2014
Upton, WY
Gonna be a busy summer and fall. Drew my first choice additional white tail tag along with antelope & elk for the second year in a row. I also lucked out on one of the few WY DIY sheep tags. Now I just need to pick up my region G deer tag sometime between now and Sept. My 12 year old girl drew an area 16 bull tag year last on her first try. This year she drew another good bull tag with long draw odds. Might have to start party permitting with her next year...
I think that is a good strategy. My soon to be 12 year old drew everything 1st choice. Antelope was kindof a gimmie, but the elk and deer weren't I don't think. Good luck all.

Last edited:

nunt'nbutmuleys

Feb 25, 2011
Total of tags- party of 4 2nd choice antelope, 2 nephews 1st choice antelope, 2 additional doe antelope, and a party of 3 1st choice Deer ( wife, nephew and kids girlfriend). and then of course the general deer and elk for me and the kid.

robsev

Feb 23, 2011
Gillette, WY
My wife drew everything she applied for - Buck and doe antelope in 73, buck deer in 34, cow antelope in 45. Me, I drew 2 doe antelope tags and a doe deer tag. My luck sucks!

birdhunter

May 8, 2011
Black Hills, Wy
Warning for any Wyo residents who drew area 7 bull tag. They messed up and gave out 500+ more tags than they allotted for. They did a complete redraw including those who didn't draw in the primary draw. Some who originally drew, did not draw in the 2nd draw. My brother drew in the 1st draw but didn't in the 2nd draw. Took away his area 7 bull tag. He is pretty mad. I personally think they should've drew the 2nd time with the people who got the bull tags, not the whole group of people who applied for it.

libidilatimmy

Veteran member
Oct 22, 2013
Wyoming
Warning for any Wyo residents who drew area 7 bull tag. They messed up and gave out 500+ more tags than they allotted for. They did a complete redraw including those who didn't draw in the primary draw. Some who originally drew, did not draw in the 2nd draw. My brother drew in the 1st draw but didn't in the 2nd draw. Took away his area 7 bull tag. He is pretty mad. I personally think they should've drew the 2nd time with the people who got the bull tags, not the whole group of people who applied for it.
More like 1000 tags, exactly. I'm in that crew.

Topgun 30-06

Banned
Jun 12, 2013
Allegan, MI
How did you find out that they did a complete redraw on 7? Was that an official confirmation from the G&F to your brother as to what was done?

libidilatimmy

Veteran member
Oct 22, 2013
Wyoming
How did you find out that they did a complete redraw on 7? Was that an official confirmation from the G&F to your brother as to what was done?
I haven't seen any conformation on whats happening yet. My results went from drawing to not. I don't know anyone else that was successful, so I don't know if they did that to everyone till it's straightened out or what. Last time I talked to G&F headquarters, they still hadn't admitted anything was wrong.

Boehunter

Mar 26, 2014
Wyoming
My dad drew the only random non res deer tag for area 90 i have a good idea on where to start but any information is appreciated. his odds were .005 1 tag for 175 applicants.

OregonJim

Very Active Member
Feb 19, 2014
Oregon Coast
There is no need to redraw, they know the order and just cut off the guys who were drawn after the allotment was reached.
That would make sense wouldn't it.
The only reason they would need to redraw is if they didn't have the ability to track who the folks who drew before the quota.
I pretty sure they know and have the ability to track the order.

Last edited:

libidilatimmy

Veteran member
Oct 22, 2013
Wyoming
There is no need to redraw, they know the order and just cut off the guys who were drawn after the allotment was reached.
I would think that's how it would be handled. However, we're talking about folks that ran the QC in the first place that screwed the pooch!

Cobbhunts

Veteran member
Jan 22, 2014
Kentucky
My wife drew everything she applied for - Buck and doe antelope in 73, buck deer in 34, cow antelope in 45. Me, I drew 2 doe antelope tags and a doe deer tag. My luck sucks!
Congrats to your wife Robsev!! We will be in 73 as well. struck out on our 34 buck tag though. Good Luck to both of you!!!

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

birdhunter

May 8, 2011
Black Hills, Wy
No confirmation on that. I would assume they just cut out the last 1000 people that were below the quota. I heard that from my brother and friends who are pretty mad at the game and fish right now. I am sure they didn't do a complete redraw like they are saying.