Official Wyoming Draw Results Thread!

arwaterfowler

Dec 4, 2011
Omaha, NE
I applied for Unit 67 Antelope with 5 points and didn't draw. I'm pretty down in the dumps now. Gonna have to scramble to get a hunt in this fall. I cancelled out on other hunts thinking I'd get a lope tag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Humblesmith

Sep 26, 2013
My partner and I were fortunate and got our buck and doe mule deer tags. Looking at past years odds, ever year the number of hunters goes up and the number of tags go down, so I guess I'd better enjoy it while I can. I think I'll get a doe antelope tag also......should be able to get one of those over the counter.

kcaves

Jun 3, 2011
wyoming
They should completely redraw area 7. Gonna piss people off either way. That would be the fair thing to do in my opinion

Topgun 30-06

Banned
Jun 12, 2013
Allegan, MI
There is absolutely no reason that they would need to do a redraw for 7-1 because the draw was done properly and just too many people were notified that they were successful. Why piss off any more than the 1200 who shouldn't have drawn the tag to begin with? G&F put out an email today about the screwup and they did exactly what Bob said and just went in and gave a big UN to the last 1200 that shouldn't have received the successful on their account yesterday. They also screwed up and forgot to input the total tags available for 124-4 cow elk so the computer didn't issue any tags and everyone got a big UN yesterday. They went back after they found that out and sent everyone below the cutoff a successful on their account. The email stated those were the only mistakes made. This is the first time I can remember any mistakes in over 20 years that I've been hunting in Wyoming so I really think everyone should cut them some slack on this one!

Last edited:

WapitiBob

Veteran member
Mar 1, 2011
Bend, Orygun
The only "mistake" they made was not dbl checking their hunt quotas and making sure they were correct before they posted results. It should have been std procedure but obviously it wasn't done.
They handled it just as they should have in my opinion. They know exactly the order apps were drawn and it was a simple exercise to go back and cut off at the prescribed allotment, issuing UN's to those who didn't rightfully draw. I can understand being upset for a short while but really, it isn't that big of a deal. Anybody buy a plane ticket or a new truck based on the incorrect results? probably not...

Topgun 30-06

Banned
Jun 12, 2013
Allegan, MI
I wonder if the two mistakes were because they were hurrying to get the results up a lot sooner than they normally do. If it is, I'd bet they learned a lesson that it's better to take more time and be safe than having to say you're sorry to 1200+ people!