NM draw results are in!!!!

NMHUNTER

Aug 29, 2012
Roswell, NM
Drew 16b archery elk along with my pops and cousin, archery deer, and barbs. Wife drew rifle deer. Gonna be a great year. Congrats to all that drew tags. For those that didn't sorry guys maybe next year

fullcurl0

Mar 12, 2011
Out West
My son drew a 2B mule tag in Rio Arriba for November 1! He's been pretty lucky pulling really good tags, 2 in 3 years now.
What are thoughts on the area lately?
Any help sure would be appreciated.

tdcour

Veteran member
Feb 28, 2013
Central Kansas
Glad to hear guys! Some of my family lives in Bloomfield and Farmington. That's why I chose unit 2. Hopefully the first elk hunt will go well! I wouldn't mind seeing the monsters yall are talking about either!

dhershberger

Jul 28, 2011
NM
Dang dh do you know someone with the draw?! I drew unit 2 elk first season archery. First elk hunt ever!
Haha no I dont know anyone in the draw system but the way I draw tags is by learning how to hunt deer and elk in less popular and easy to draw units. Oh and I did see a 330" bull in unit 2b in 2012! He was a giant! We saw him in October during rifle elk season while we were scouting for a deer hunt later in November. No one could find the elk except for me of course because I didnt have an elk tag! Thats usually the way it goes.

acook

Apr 25, 2013
if you drew you were notified by e-mail yesterday. they are not updating the website until 1000 today. I put in for 5 different tags and drew 1, archery Antelope in 33/32.

Zim

Very Active Member
Feb 28, 2011
LaPorte, IN
We put in for a hunt that was UNDERSUBSCRIBED last year, and we still didn't draw! :(

If I don't draw some long shot elsewhere I will try Colorado or Montana OTC. Never had to do that in 20 years though. I apply for a lot. Would be a good year for my high point totals to work for me somewhere unexpected.

Last time I failed on a few 50%+ odds hunts was in 2012, and as the last results rolled in, got hit with a 1% lucky strike in New Hampshire for moose! So I'll remain optimistic.

Umpqua Hunter

Veteran member
May 26, 2011
North Umpqua, Oregon
Ahhhhh finally the long awaited results for my ibex and sheep apps, and my wife's sheep app. I was sooooo excited (not!) to check the results this morning knowing I had virtually no chance to draw with the new non-resident allocations set after the applications were due. I hope NM enjoyed borrowing my $8000 along with millions from the other non-residents. That had to be the most unethical state drawing issue I have ever been involved in in 30 years of applying out of state.

Cobbhunts

Veteran member
Jan 22, 2014
Kentucky
......I was sooooo excited (not!) to check the results this morning knowing I had virtually no chance to draw with the new non-resident allocations set AFTER the applications were due. I hope NM enjoyed borrowing my $8000 along with millions from the other non-residents.........
Should have all capped "after"....I fixed it for you. I wonder how this will affect next years applications. As in.....how many will drop out of applying for NMs ibex and sheep apps.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Noodle_hunter

Jul 30, 2013
Abilene, Tx
I am still in shock first yr for me and buddy to put in. and we drew elk tag for late sept. so now I need to start planning. any advice given would be greatly appericated. good luck to all that drew a tag

Cobbhunts

Veteran member
Jan 22, 2014
Kentucky
...any advice given would be greatly appericated. good luck to all that drew a tag
My advice is to go to the new members section and introduce yourself. Where you're from, where you hunt ect....then hang around the forum and gather as much info as you can, while sharing any experience you can to help others. This is a great forum. And I see that you filled out your profile, that's great!! Welcome to Eastman's, great bunch of people here....you'll love it. Best of luck on your hunt!

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk