Eastmans' "Big Man Challenge!"

Bonecollector

Veteran member
Mar 9, 2014
Ohio
Mixed it up last night. Ran 5.5 miles in 60 minutes along some old gravel roads and gas/oil haul roads. Very step terrain in some areas.
It was as much mental as a physical run. I'm feeling it a bit today as it "hit" me differently (in a good way).
* (Ran with 2lb of wrist weights) Its funny, they are never as light when I take them off as when I put them on. :)

wyo-hntr

Jan 4, 2013
Powell, WY
Well got a hitch in my step as of last night... :( rolled my ankle and heard a loud "pop" walked it off and seemed to feel fine...until I woke up this morning. Was quite tender with swelling and a little black and blue. Gonna see how it does, and hope it doesn't keep me out to long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

25contender

Veteran member
Mar 20, 2013
WH hate to hear about your ankle!! I do a lot of running in the woods near my home and always worry about twisting a ankle. Hope it heals soon.

It is really getting to be crunch time and time to start picking up the pace. I have been increasing both the strength and stamina training lately. The gym work outs have been a little longer and I have been increasing the weight on all of my weight stations. The running has been going well but it has really been hot and humid here. I have been getting up at 5:15 and running before the sun is up in the morning. Time to step it up.

I just really feel lucky to be able to do what I am able to do. Its all about getting it done when you have too. Good luck everyone!

ScottR

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com

Here is tonight's workout. Felt pretty good and I ran it straight, recovery is much better too.

Eastmans' Staff Digital Media Coordinator

tim

Veteran member
Jun 4, 2011
north idaho
last nights ride was the wildlife ride.
A couple of minutes after starting i saw a black bear, a little bit farther 2 cows and 3 calf elk, stop for a break and jump up a whitetail doe, little bit farther i see brown going accross the road. right before the trail a small whitetail buck. at the bottom of the trail is a new clearcut. While checking the clear cut out, i jumped a herd of elk. Once home there where whitetails all over the place. pretty cool to see, especially on the hottest day of the year so far.

ScottR

Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
last nights ride was the wildlife ride.
A couple of minutes after starting i saw a black bear, a little bit farther 2 cows and 3 calf elk, stop for a break and jump up a whitetail doe, little bit farther i see brown going accross the road. right before the trail a small whitetail buck. at the bottom of the trail is a new clearcut. While checking the clear cut out, i jumped a herd of elk. Once home there where whitetails all over the place. pretty cool to see, especially on the hottest day of the year so far.
Good stuff, always makes it easier when that happens.

25contender

Veteran member
Mar 20, 2013
This mornings run. A little slower but did a little bit in the woods behind the house. Had to slow down a little as it was sill a little dark out.

Bonecollector

Veteran member
Mar 9, 2014
Ohio
Looking Good!
No run for me today, but I did cut, load, unload and stack 2 loads of firewood. :)
After working 9 hours at the office of course.

25contender

Veteran member
Mar 20, 2013
Full pack trek from this morning a little slower than I wanted. Normally I am at about 17:15 per mile.

jjenness

Very Active Member
Sep 30, 2011
Lewistown, MT
Did a 14.4 mile hike with around 2000 feet in elevation change yesterday to put up some trail cameras. Took just under 7 hours total, little bit sore today.

ScottR

Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
Looks really good guys! Here is my evening run, intervals tonight.

Eastmans' Staff Digital Media Coordinator