2021 Fishing

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
40 Saturday night. Fish really started biting good at midnight but my amigos were sleepy and wanted to go in. By the looks of the guppie screen at midnight it could have turned into a 100 fish night. Got to save some for seed I guess. lol

Broke one off that could have potentially been a lake record.....
Mental note: dont take the net out of the boat. EVER.

Good sized fish most of the night but here are a couple averages of size showing the bigger ones. There were a couple buried in the cooler that were much bigger than these ones.

buckbull

Veteran member
Jun 20, 2011
Every time I see that outdoor kitchen I am jealous! lol

Great pictures as per usual!
Every time I see that outdoor kitchen I am jealous! lol

Great pictures as per usual!
That's my fish cleaning house :). Its a mess right now. A word of advice for anyone wanting to build a concrete countertop for outdoor use; make certain the countertops are in 100% shade or do not use glass in your pour. We added blue glass pieces to the top of the counter. But what happens if in direct sunlight is the glass will expand and actually explode leaving a big divit in the top of the countertop. I wish we wouldn't have used glass.

• Wow
Reactions: shootbrownelk

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
Should have used marble!

And yes, that is a joke but only because I just shopped for countertops last weekend.....needless to say those are slightly out of my price range in this lifetime. lol

Reactions: marcusvdk

Hilltop

Veteran member
Feb 25, 2014
Eastern Nebraska
You guys had an excellent trip!
Thanks! We do the trip annually on the first weekend in August. We have been going for 8 years and this was honestly our worst year. We typically catch 400+. This year we ended up with about 250- just over 80lbs in fillets. All fishing from shore, no guide, and using all artificial. Great place to teach kids how to fish different baits.

This was one of the better fish. Wiper sure put up a fight!

buckbull

Veteran member
Jun 20, 2011
Thanks! We do the trip annually on the first weekend in August. We have been going for 8 years and this was honestly our worst year. We typically catch 400+. This year we ended up with about 250- just over 80lbs in fillets. All fishing from shore, no guide, and using all artificial. Great place to teach kids how to fish different baits.

This was one of the better fish. Wiper sure put up a fight!
View attachment 35856
Is a wiper a hybrid bass (white and striper)? We just call them hybrids. It's always interesting what different parts of the country call things.

Reactions: shootbrownelk