2021 Fishing

buckbull

Veteran member
Jun 20, 2011
I'm kind of bummed looking at this, i won't be spending much time going fishing this summer with the kids. Baby is due end of the month, last one was early...so we are waiting for that to happen.
Don't be bummed. I was bummed when I started my family. I had a few years where I only went bowhunting once the entire season and was used to going every weekend and taking all my vacation during the hunting season. I actually sold my bass boat because I only used it once a year. Now I have a son going off to college this fall and my daughter will be next year. I wouldn't trade any hunt for the times I spent at the soccer field, tennis courts, or dance studio. You'll never say "I wish I spent less time with my family and more time fishing and hunting.".

buckbull

Veteran member
Jun 20, 2011
Don't be bummed. I was bummed when I started my family. I had a few years where I only went bowhunting once the entire season and was used to going every weekend and taking all my vacation during the hunting season. I actually sold my bass boat because I only used it once a year. Now I have a son going off to college this fall and my daughter will be next year. I wouldn't trade any hunt for the times I spent at the soccer field, tennis courts, or dance studio. You'll never say "I wish I spent less time with my family and more time fishing and hunting.".
And don't be like me and not go to the boys class 1A Illinois state tennis championships because of __any excuse__

My son (on right) and his doubles partner Jake made it through to the second round. Worse case scenario they finish 24th in the state.

Edit: They got 13th and were awarded all-state honors. Made it to the fifth round and set the school record.

Last edited:

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
seems the past couple of years life has been getting in the way of my fishing and hunting but I did manage to slip away one day a couple weeks ago to the duck valley indian reservation and caught 15 to 20 inch trout all day long . seriously I have no idea how many we caught but my guess would be in the neighborhood of 100. we only kept one and only that one because it swallered the hook and we killed it when trying to release . didn't take many pics because it's to hard on the fish.

the magic lure was a red bodied panther martin with a gold spoon.

duck valley.jpg

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
Did some stress free pond stocking at my place on Sunday.

I had to lick my wounds after three of us paid $700 for a 6 hour striper fishing trip on Saturday catching 3 small stripers. Pretty disappointing overall especially with the guide and his captain skills.

It was suppose to be an 8 hour trip and after he placed us in multiple dangerous situations (by my standards) and after getting some angry looks from my father-in-law and uncle I walked over to him and told him " We have had enough of this $hit and you are taking us to the boat ramp" It was a quiet ride back to the ramp.

Live and learn but we wont go back again with that guy.

• Wow
Reactions: Slugz and AKaviator

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
Grass carp were targets in the morning. This was the biggest one of the weekend.

Crappie were targets at night. Total for 4th of July weekend was 268 keepers in the box.
We threw back about 150 that didn't swallow the hook.
We caught a lot of big fish also. Dozens of the crappie were over 1 pound each.
Didn't get a table layout shot because the yellow-jackets were being pretty agressive. I got some cooler shots. lol

It was too hot to do much during the day other have some cold beer and sit in the water.