2020 Whitetail Success Thread

BAKPAKR

May 10, 2018
Congrats. A lot of bucks I've seen the last month have already dropped their antlers.
Thanks.

I shot an “antlerless” deer a few years ago at the end of December that turned out to be a small buck that had dropped its antlers (still legal). Since this buck was taken a couple weeks later in the season than that, I was pretty careful with the antlers while getting him back to my vehicle.

BuzzH

Very Active Member
Apr 15, 2015
Another Ho-Hum season in Montana with a good friend and my family.

Youngest nephew (he shot a cow elk about 3 hours after this deer).

Oldest nephew a few days later.

B-tag:

His buck:

A friends buck:

My buck, been hunting this same country for 40 consecutive years with a rifle in my hand...

BuzzH

Very Active Member
Apr 15, 2015
He have a wound from fighting? Looks like a pretty good puncture wound from the pic.
I'd own up to a bad shot, BTDT...but it is a fighting wound and was more of a tear, didnt get into the muscle at all. Tine probably poked through the skin as he was running off.

Found this .22 slug under the hide on the neck, grown over with flesh...4.5 miles behind a year long gated road in any direction from this buck. The locals poach these deer pretty hard, and always have unfortunately:

Team Kabob

Very Active Member
May 9, 2014
View attachment 33133View attachment 33134

My 2020 buck in Missouri and little buddies first trip to the blind with dad. He had a blast and I figured we wouldn't see anything with the amount of fun we had. Spike lee was icing on the cake!
Wal-Matt believe it or not. He loved it but it still takes my head lamps.

I have to look in the hunting bag and make sure it’s not missing. If so it’s time to search the toy box

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
I'm leaving Thursday. Heading north to Illinois.

Hopefully I get to chat with the trespasser who was on my lease and decided to destroy my spypoint cell link and then held a lighter under the card port and toasted the circuit board of both devices and ruined my BRAND NEW Browning camera. They were too stupid to get the batteries out of the browning camera by clicking on the button so they got out their screw driver and broke the battery compartment open as well.

People wonder why in general, I hate people. The shit I deal with on a yearly basis makes me loose faith in the majority of humanity.

Actually, I hope we dont meet. Someone will be in jail likely for an extended stay.

buckbull

Veteran member
Jun 20, 2011
Your timing
I'm leaving Thursday. Heading north to Illinois.

Hopefully I get to chat with the trespasser who was on my lease and decided to destroy my spypoint cell link and then held a lighter under the card port and toasted the circuit board of both devices and ruined my BRAND NEW Browning camera. They were too stupid to get the batteries out of the browning camera by clicking on the button so they got out their screw driver and broke the battery compartment open as well.

People wonder why in general, I hate people. The shit I deal with on a yearly basis makes me loose faith in the majority of humanity.

Actually, I hope we dont meet. Someone will be in jail likely for an extended stay.
Your timing will be perfect. The chasing phase of the rut was in high gear last week when we had cooler weather. Daytime activity has stopped since the warm front has came thru. Highs in the upper sixties and lows around 50. I passed up a nice 8pt sunday morning and he has been the only nice buck i have seen. Cold front moves in on Thursday so should get things kicked up again.

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
Your timing

Your timing will be perfect. The chasing phase of the rut was in high gear last week when we had cooler weather. Daytime activity has stopped since the warm front has came thru. Highs in the upper sixties and lows around 50. I passed up a nice 8pt sunday morning and he has been the only nice buck i have seen. Cold front moves in on Thursday so should get things kicked up again.
I was a little worried we were going up too late but I'm glad we made this decision. The moon hasn't been like this since I believe 2013. Should be a great 6 days of bow-hunting followed by 3 days of shotgun season. We shall see if my gamble was right or wrong.

My wife's uncle went up there on Halloween and it was dead. All night pictures of the big bucks....

Examples lol :

Yell Co AR Hunter

Very Active Member
Dec 10, 2015
Yell County Arkansas
A lot of nice deer on here. Congratulation to all the successful hunters.
Shoot this buck during muzzle loader season on my place. My sister was wanting a deer to eat. I was taking pictures of it when I thought Mollie wants a deer and can get the truck 25 yards from here. They rarely take a step when the Encore hits um. I have some really nice bucks that need another year if I can manage to control my finger.
2021 Farm 2.jpg

buckbull

Veteran member
Jun 20, 2011
I was a little worried we were going up too late but I'm glad we made this decision. The moon hasn't been like this since I believe 2013. Should be a great 6 days of bow-hunting followed by 3 days of shotgun season. We shall see if my gamble was right or wrong.

My wife's uncle went up there on Halloween and it was dead. All night pictures of the big bucks....

Examples lol :
View attachment 37534

View attachment 37535
View attachment 37536
View attachment 37537
My neighbor was at his place all last week and said the rut was crazy. That was when the temps were in the twenties at night. Its 64 degrees now and action is slow. I saw a sick doe with a fawn this morning. Can see her ribs and pelvic bones. We had some EHD here this year so wondering if she has that. Seems to be eating acorns ok, bumper crop this year. I had a nice 8 pointer come by with a limp on sunday morning. Decided not to shoot. I saw him today and he is in horrible shape. I think he was gut shot. Ill shoot him if he comes back. Damn nice deer for someone to wound. Prob go 130 inches.

Reactions: mallardsx2