2020 goals/desires

Prerylyon

Veteran member
Apr 25, 2016
Cedar Rapids, IA
1. That my teenage and young adult sons (the 3 oldest: 21, 18, 15) plagued by anxiety and depression make out a little better than they did in 2019.

2. That same sons get well enough to hold their jobs, attend school, and make some genuine friends.

3. That I get to carry a rifle in the shadows of rockies this fall, with a tag in my pocket.

tim

Veteran member
Jun 4, 2011
north idaho
only plans right now are to go to the local fish and game and buy 2 elk and 2 deer tags and go hunting.
lots of things in the air. My wife and I are celebrating our 20th anniversary this year, we will probably do an Alaska float trip.

Montana

Veteran member
Nov 3, 2011
Bitterroot Valley, MT.
My son turns 12 this year, I have 2 simple goals that i'd love to achieve. Help him get his first antelope, and his first elk. Could give a crap less if I even fill a tag if we could get that done.
Man..... antelope are TOUGH with a kid. Was for me at least. Fun but tough. Be prepared to exercise your patience 😁

Reactions: go_deep

Rich M

Very Active Member
Oct 16, 2012
I wish everyone the best in achieving their goals and seeing their desires fulfilled.

Recently had a health scare with my mother and hope to be able to enjoy her presence for as long as the Lord allows.

Hunting lease is currently getting clear cut that will allow for some tailoring of the property when they replant. Want to put up an elevated shooting house, hoping it won't attract the other lease members to that area.

Buy WY points for antelope and mule deer for use in a couple of years.

Slowly talking myself into a new rifle.

Zim

Very Active Member
Feb 28, 2011
LaPorte, IN
My goal is to stop any more wheels from falling off my now 60 year old body. As soon as I heal one part, another one breaks. The latest is what appears to be a torn rotator cuff. I am currently afraid to pull my bow to see what happens. It’s that bad. Can’t sleep on my left side. Great I got 20+ points in 8 states, can draw some good tags but now this. At this point just working out is a challenge. Need to go see my doctor before my hunt applications this year.

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
welp....whatever don't kill ya , generally makes you wish it did. :D ;)

I hobbled around for the entire big game seasons ,this year, on a sprained ankle . probly should have just stayed home and let it heal but I couldn't do it.

amazing how quickly it did heal once I stopped hiking on it.:rolleyes:

Hilltop

Veteran member
Feb 25, 2014
Eastern Nebraska
Planning to draw Wyoming Mule deer and General Elk.
My goal is to be in excellent shape so I can make the most of both hunts. My youngest is 11 so this is the last year I plan to hunt Wyoming without him for the foreseeable future. I'm excited to teach him western hunting but I also realize this will change how I hunt for at least the next 5+ years. I will build points with him for everything.

I want to really get after it this year because I won't be able to again until I'm in my 50s.

Fink

Veteran member
Apr 7, 2011
West Side, MoMo
My goal this year is to try to shoot a 300" bull. I have the points to draw a tag in Colorado - still trying to figure out exactly what I want out of the hunt, and where i want to go.. I'll also throw in some longshot attempts at AZ, NM, NV, UT and WY, and hope to get lucky. I normally take 2 weeks off to get it done, but by elk season I'll have a 3 and 1 year old, mama might not be pleased about a 2 week trip..
Other than that, I'll hope and pray for a MSG tag, and then be content to shoot ducks in MO and KS, and deer hunt MO. Will probably try to finally make AR green timber duck hunting happen as well.
Will try to finally nail down our 2021 AK trip as well.

All this, while trying to stay happily married.

nv-hunter

Veteran member
Feb 28, 2011
Reno
Fink , good luck with Nv draw you can get 300 bull here in any unit. We can trade elk info for turkey info

Fink

Veteran member
Apr 7, 2011
West Side, MoMo
Fink , good luck with Nv draw you can get 300 bull here in any unit. We can trade elk info for turkey info
Lol, I'm not holding out hope for anything in NV, with my 0.001% odds! What/where are you looking for turkey info? I can help you with anything you need in Missouri and Kansas.

Buckbob

Jan 22, 2018
Michigan
Every year I try to go on a "big" hunt, that being not my standard deer and turkey hunting in Southern Michigan. 2 years ago was a bear hunt, last year was an archery elk hunt and this year will be a Wyoming antelope hunt. I'm up to 3 points, not really by choice but trying to line up 3 different peoples work schedules has got us to this point. I'll take my kids who are now 6 and 4 out on a couple early season deer hunts as well. Good luck to all! Hopefully we'll all have some success pics to post in the fall!

cacklercrazy

Feb 24, 2011
As we start the new year I was thinking about what I'd like to hunt for this year and wondering what everyone else has their sights set on.

2020 desires

turkey tag in Nevada 5 points and turkey hopefully an Eastern some place back east

Nv big game hunts
I have max points for bear so fingers crossed
I'll apply for the sheep and mt goat hunts but I don't have that kind of luck
I'm buying points for everything else I can ( waiting period for a few) my wife turns 50 and has a big bday trip planned so I'll focus on making that happen for her

Finally have the cash to apply for Idaho moose so I'll try applying for that long shot hunt and hopefully go hunt cows up there too

Get a Mt loin with dogs as a buddy has some hounds and the rest of my hunts are sparse.

Maybe throw in some 5ks and the RTO to keep in shape

Lots of fishing too

I'll use my vacation time that's left to trap next fall and actually run enough traps to make it worthwhile 75 to 100 sets for bobcat and yotes. I'll also call as mush as I can.
The last few years going big game hunting has been almost impossible with my kids activites. My girls are extremely active in FFA and showing registered dairy cattle. Where been judging coach and dairy leader. My oldest daughter three years ago had supreme champion cow at our state fair, so we decided to go to World Dairy Expo in the fall . Where she again was successful having Jr. Supreme champion. The next year my FFA Judge team won state ,so off to National that fall. Were we where Reserve champions. Then the next year I tore a leg muscle which killed last year. Still not completely sure how well the leg is. This year I been thinking I was going to try to do some hunting. The funny thing about the covid 19 mess is it killed almost all the cow shows and judging for the year, so Daddy gets to go hunting now! With max pts here in California me and my cousin put in for G3 and speed goats. Hopefully we get one of these. Next is a plan at trying to draw something in Idaho. If no luck in the draw might go white tail hunting up in the Panhandle of Idaho. We had fun 5years ago doing that.

Reactions: Bonecollector

tim

Veteran member
Jun 4, 2011
north idaho
my new goal is to survive the craziness that is occuring in retail. May of 2020 will be my best month ever and i can't get product to replace what i sold. So i will probably have a dismal summer because of no product to sell. Talk about a roller coaster.

Reactions: marcusvdk

gonhunting247

Veteran member
Jan 21, 2014
It's time for elk or moose in WY I hope!
So much for those plans. I didn't draw either of them. I guess I'll hope to draw an antelope tag, so I can scout the elk unit for next year! :) NV and UT just took my money and ran again this year, but I have my MT deer tag already, so I'll get out there in November at the very least. Between that and hopefully the WY antelope hunt, it should be another great year of hunting adventures.

Reactions: AKaviator

LCH

Very Active Member
Jun 28, 2015
Southern Indiana
2019 I hunted Indiana, Texas, Alaska, Colorado, Kansas, Montana, and Arizona. I loved every minute of it and had pretty good success, but there's no denying that I stretched myself a little thin and give all of my tags the time they deserved.

For 2020 I'm probably just going to try for an elk tag in Wyoming with a plan to make several trips throughout the archery and rifle season if necessary, and augment that with my hunting here at home. That is if I can resist the temptation to try and snatch up more tags during application season.
Oops, I did it again. Not as busy as last year though. I got a Kansas deer tag, a Montana deer tag and cow elk tag, and hope to draw Wyoming deer and pronghorn tags. Oh, and Indiana of course..

Hilltop

Veteran member
Feb 25, 2014
Eastern Nebraska
Im hoping to hunt elk, deer and antelope this fall in Wyoming for the first time in 23 years. I drew elk, should draw deer, but the antelope is a coin flip (doe tag). Would likely be the last time it happens until I move there for retirement so I'm pretty pumped about this season.

marcusvdk

Veteran member
Dec 13, 2011
Michigan
I'm just hoping that by Sept 10th the boarder with Canada is open so I can go on my bear hunt. Not looking good currently.

Had to do some more clothes shopping this weekend. Losing weight is expensive lol. Have had to update all my hunting gear.. was hoping to give it its first run in September but might have to wait for the michigan opener in Oct for deer

Reactions: LCH