2020 goals/desires

nv-hunter

Veteran member
Feb 28, 2011
Reno
As we start the new year I was thinking about what I'd like to hunt for this year and wondering what everyone else has their sights set on.

2020 desires

turkey tag in Nevada 5 points and turkey hopefully an Eastern some place back east

Nv big game hunts
I have max points for bear so fingers crossed
I'll apply for the sheep and mt goat hunts but I don't have that kind of luck
I'm buying points for everything else I can ( waiting period for a few) my wife turns 50 and has a big bday trip planned so I'll focus on making that happen for her

Finally have the cash to apply for Idaho moose so I'll try applying for that long shot hunt and hopefully go hunt cows up there too

Get a Mt loin with dogs as a buddy has some hounds and the rest of my hunts are sparse.

Maybe throw in some 5ks and the RTO to keep in shape

Lots of fishing too

I'll use my vacation time that's left to trap next fall and actually run enough traps to make it worthwhile 75 to 100 sets for bobcat and yotes. I'll also call as mush as I can.

HuskyMusky

Veteran member
Nov 29, 2011
IL
I have points to burn in WY for Elk, but their deadline always catches me unready...

Debating an DIY archery elk hunt, possibly in MT, NM if lucky in draws,
or maybe an Antelope somewhere?

Probably some archery IL whitetails, maybe IA too.

good luck to all!

ColoradoV

Very Active Member
Oct 4, 2011
Same as every year my goal is to find then kill w a bow a 200" net typical buck with a 30" inside spread...

Maybe this will be my year.

Maxhunter

Veteran member
Apr 10, 2011
Wyoming
My son turns 12 this year, I have 2 simple goals that i'd love to achieve. Help him get his first antelope, and his first elk. Could give a crap less if I even fill a tag if we could get that done.
You'll have a great adventure with your son even if no tag filled. I have a gut feeling with your knowledge you'll make it happen.

I'll be doing my usual stuff here in WY. I might cash in my IA points for deer. Hopefully I can draw a WY buffalo tag.

Reactions: go_deep

taskswap

Very Active Member
Jul 9, 2018
Colorado
I have my eye on a bull I've run into twice now. He's in a GMU that's considered super low-margin for elk, it's usually hunted for deer. I think he's got himself a pocket where he hasn't been chased at all yet, because I've walked up on him twice within 40 yards, and during rifle season too. Both times I didn't have the right tag. I won't make that mistake again this year.

Beyond that, I want to pick up a new season. I had my heart set on muzzleloader but I have a hunting buddy pressuring me to pick up archery so I may go with that. Budget's a little tight right now post-holidays. We'll see how things go. :)

CODAK

Aug 8, 2016
Johnstown, CO
Looking like MT for archery elk, KS for archery deer, CO for the usual (elk, deer, antelope), WY antelope and SD pheasant is all the guaranteed ones for me. Could really throw a curve ball if I draw a few random tags

Ikeepitcold

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 22, 2011
Reno Nv
I’m hopeful to draw a deer tag in NV again but in a new area where there is less pressure and better opportunities. Also should be getting close for a Antelope tag as well in NV

I’m still on the fence on Wy this year for elk. I was gone a lot last year and I owe the family a nice trip so that’s going to happen. With the hunts I am planning on I’m not sure it’s in the budget to do them all. I do want a Wy Antelope tag so I’ll be trying for that and also a trip to Montana for deer and elk.

I also plan on being at my fittest this year and from now on.
With lots of cardio and eating right I have made a lifestyle change so I expect to keep fit.

Conrad8899

Oct 15, 2011
Casper Wy
We hope to draw elk deer and antelope tags here... If we don't draw it will be gen tags for elk and deer maybe a left over antelope or cow calf elk tag sum where.... We are heading home for sum whitetail in November...

GOSHENGRUNTER

Jan 8, 2014
Clermont County Ohio
Busy year for me but I'm getting pretty good at turning work trips into hunting trips :p
March- Javelina in TX
June- New Brunswick bear
September- Maryland sika, OH/KY deer
October- Wyoming antelope and deer with some first timers
This entire year is going to warm up, testing, and practice for 2021 for an AK Dall hunt!

Reactions: Wyoming Hart

LCH

Very Active Member
Jun 28, 2015
Southern Indiana
2019 I hunted Indiana, Texas, Alaska, Colorado, Kansas, Montana, and Arizona. I loved every minute of it and had pretty good success, but there's no denying that I stretched myself a little thin and give all of my tags the time they deserved.

For 2020 I'm probably just going to try for an elk tag in Wyoming with a plan to make several trips throughout the archery and rifle season if necessary, and augment that with my hunting here at home. That is if I can resist the temptation to try and snatch up more tags during application season.

Reactions: Bonecollector

Wyoming Hart

Very Active Member
Oct 10, 2014
Spring Run, PA
Busy year for me but I'm getting pretty good at turning work trips into hunting trips :p
March- Javelina in TX
June- New Brunswick bear
September- Maryland sika, OH/KY deer
October- Wyoming antelope and deer with some first timers
This entire year is going to warm up, testing, and practice for 2021 for an AK Dall hunt!
What outfitter are you going with for the AK Dall hunt?