Fuel prices affect

chickboom386

Jul 12, 2022
I don't worry too much about it, if you want to go you go. Back in 2009 when the prices were up where they are now we still headed down to Arizona on a 2400 mile round trip, we choked and gagged when running the CC through the pump for the second time when we filled up but we went and enjoyed the trip. Even this past February when we went down the fuel prices were high but we just paid them
get-vidmateapp.com mobdro download

Last edited:

lovetohunt

Feb 19, 2021
Bowdon ND
That my relax and rewind time so I don't let I bother me. I have 2 trips lined up. First is Southern Colorado for antelope and then on to New Mexico for Elk. Second one is back to Colorado for elk and mule deer late season.

ScottR

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
I umpired 42 games this summer. Just added it all up... My gas for my Texas fishing trip and my Wyoming elk hunt are paid for with a little excess and honestly had a great time doing the games. If gas goes down, I might even have enough left over for another spontaneous trip.
Yup, I figure out how to make it work. One way or another, same with going to see family. Just have to make it work, even if it means finding some odd jobs for cash.

Reactions: Hilltop

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
nothing with a carbourator I own sees one drop of ethanol fuel. Life is better for me that way.

RICMIC

Veteran member
Feb 21, 2012
Two Harbors, Minnesota
I am still working on my plan for an extended WY elk hunt this fall, and have settled on this part of it due to fuel prices. I will be packed into the mountains via horses for the last two weeks of archery season, and later on for the two weeks of rifle in Oct. I was able to draw an "any elk" tag with my pref. pts., and also a low odds "cow/calf" tag. My original plan was to bring my travel trailer to roam around the state and do some fishing during the two week period between the seasons. But, here's the breakdown of 4,000 total miles at $4.50 per gallon.

Pickup w/o trailer - 21 MPG - $857
Pickup w/trailer - 9MPG - $2,000

I can use the $1,143 difference for an occasional motel room, tips for my wranglers, etc. The elk tag includes a fishing license, so I'll just stick one of my canoes on the topper and hit some lakes.

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
It would be nice to have a small yard again. It takes me roughly a hour to take care of mine if I trim the edges, 45 minutes if I just mow it.

Right now I am on a rest period before I tackle the rear portion of my lot.

Back in my younger days I liked a big yard. Now as I get older I wish that the yard was smaller. I'd get a riding lawn mower except that I would still need to do a lot of trimming around the edges where that rider couldn't get to. Either that or buy a few goats.

BuzzH

Very Active Member
Apr 15, 2015
It would be nice to have a small yard again. It takes me roughly a hour to take care of mine if I trim the edges, 45 minutes if I just mow it.

Right now I am on a rest period before I tackle the rear portion of my lot.

Back in my younger days I liked a big yard. Now as I get older I wish that the yard was smaller. I'd get a riding lawn mower except that I would still need to do a lot of trimming around the edges where that rider couldn't get to. Either that or buy a few goats.
My Grandfather mowed his own yard, also had a garden, and hunted every fall. When he died in September at age 85, with his grass nicely mowed and a garden full of vegetables, he had a whole pocket full of tags he would have filled in October/November.

I think slowing down is tougher on a person than staying active.

Reactions: kidoggy

go_deep

Veteran member
Nov 30, 2014
Wyoming
My Grandfather mowed his own yard, also had a garden, and hunted every fall. When he died in September at age 85, with his grass nicely mowed and a garden full of vegetables, he had a whole pocket full of tags he would have filled in October/November.

I think slowing down is tougher on a person than staying active.
100% true!
Watched a ton of dairy farmers go from 7 days a week to retired, watching TV 7 days a week from their new lazy boy recliner. Man those guys didn't last long.