Wyoming wolves finally!!

WY ME

Very Active Member
Feb 4, 2014
Wyoming
Wyoming has done a great job in battling the feds over the wolf issue. I don't care if the game has suffered 5 years longer than Idaho or Montana because in the big picture that's nothing compared to having wolves statewide for decades to come. The long term future of our game is much more important. I think the folks who live and hunt in the 75% of the state that is in the predator zone are pretty thankful right now as should be the ones in Colorado who will now have a 250 mile buffer between northwest Wyoming's wolves and the CO border.
Remember, Wisconsin, Michigan and Minnesota also lost their ability to hunt wolves and it wasn't because they had predator zones like WY does.

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
but will they have a buffer? their is a push now to release them in colorado also.
I hope the coloradans are wise enough to fight harder then we did.

I suspect most will just sit back and watch it happen same as happens most times.

shootbrownelk

Veteran member
Apr 11, 2011
Wyoming
Wyoming has done a great job in battling the feds over the wolf issue. I don't care if the game has suffered 5 years longer than Idaho or Montana because in the big picture that's nothing compared to having wolves statewide for decades to come. The long term future of our game is much more important. I think the folks who live and hunt in the 75% of the state that is in the predator zone are pretty thankful right now as should be the ones in Colorado who will now have a 250 mile buffer between northwest Wyoming's wolves and the CO border.
Remember, Wisconsin, Michigan and Minnesota also lost their ability to hunt wolves and it wasn't because they had predator zones like WY does.
This is true, but if someone ELSE had won the Presidential election, this delisting would never have happened. And stay tuned, it's a long time until hunting season. The bunny huggers have time to regroup and cherry pick another left-leaning judge, and file another suit and get an injunction. This has after all, happened before. Montana & Idaho got it right and inserted lawsuit protection in their de-listing.

Wyoming Hart

Very Active Member
Oct 10, 2014
Spring Run, PA
Hopefully the hunting will happen this year. Has there been any word of wolf kills this winter with the bad winter? I haven't heard of any like the one at the Bondurant field ground last year.

ore hunter

Very Active Member
Jul 25, 2014
I think Idaho wolf tag was like $40 or so for non res if I remember maybe even cheaper,,,$19 for res and $189 for non-res seems a bit high isn't it? I think montanas non-res wolf is up there too?another + for Idaho in my book.

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
idaho caved to the feds, got our seasons and are still over run with the vermin. at least wyoming has a backbone.

7mag

Sep 1, 2014
Wyoming
Let the hunt begin! I just read on the game and fish website that wolves in the predator zone can be hunted again and the trophy area will have a season this fall. Good luck everybody! Maybe somebody better with computers could help with posting the link for me...

nv-hunter

Veteran member
Feb 28, 2011
Reno
Any idea when the new rules take affect? Id be up for a wolf hunt . Will they give points once the season is set?

What about trapping?

fackelberry

Aug 27, 2013
Wyoming
It says the predatory zones will be open this year but the managment zones won't be open til next year. So as of right now you can shoot them outside the managment zones like a coyote. Everybody do their part and shoot a few and help the struggling big game animals that took a hit this winter. Hope it lasts this time.

fackelberry

Aug 27, 2013
Wyoming
Im have a pretty decent chance to draw a tag on that side of the state this year. I will be scouting all summer on my days off. So now i have a dilema. What gun to take scouting in case i see a wolf!

WY ME

Very Active Member
Feb 4, 2014
Wyoming
Any idea when the new rules take affect? Id be up for a wolf hunt . Will they give points once the season is set?

What about trapping?
I spoke to a game warden earlier this year and he didn't see the WG&F allowing a trapping season. I hope he's wrong and down the road a couple of years they look at introducing a trapping season as well.

Last edited: