Wyoming wolves finally!!

mntnguide

Very Active Member
Today is a great day! US district court of appeals overruled the previous ruling from 5 years ago. We will be hunting wolves again in Wyoming soon hopefully!!
https://www.cadc.uscourts.gov/internet/opinions.nsf/E2381C96826F09F4852580D80057B29F/$file/14-5300-1664135.pdf

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

shootbrownelk

Veteran member
Apr 11, 2011
Wyoming
I wonder if there is any lawsuit protection included? If not, there will be multiple lawsuits filed by the anti-hunting/ "environmentalists and probably PDQ. That's what they do after all.

ore hunter

Very Active Member
Jul 25, 2014
wonder what Wyoming will think a wolf is worth??tag price?should come free with a elk or deer tag.

shootbrownelk

Veteran member
Apr 11, 2011
Wyoming
wonder what Wyoming will think a wolf is worth??tag price?should come free with a elk or deer tag.
I don't know how much they were the last time we hunted them here. Where I used to hunt here in western Wyoming, a tag wasn't needed. They were, and I believe are still, classified as predators outside Yellowstone/Grand Teton and the Reservations.

mntnguide

Very Active Member
I don't know how much they were the last time we hunted them here. Where I used to hunt here in western Wyoming, a tag wasn't needed. They were, and I believe are still, classified as predators outside Yellowstone/Grand Teton and the Reservations.
I doubt tag prices will be high..just like idaho and montana. . and it will be interesting to see what exactly becomes of the new hunting regulations. Those rules above are exactly why wyoming was overturned by a judge and idaho and montana were not. Its pretty simple, all Wyoming had to do was not classify them as predators in the rest of the state and instead create quota zones just like the other 2 states...but for some reason wyoming refused to do so, and as such we have spent 5 years losing countless moose and elk herds in the western part of the state. So i hope they pull their head out, and do a much better job at keeping our wolf season for years to come

shootbrownelk

Veteran member
Apr 11, 2011
Wyoming
I doubt tag prices will be high..just like idaho and montana. . and it will be interesting to see what exactly becomes of the new hunting regulations. Those rules above are exactly why wyoming was overturned by a judge and idaho and montana were not. Its pretty simple, all Wyoming had to do was not classify them as predators in the rest of the state and instead create quota zones just like the other 2 states...but for some reason wyoming refused to do so, and as such we have spent 5 years losing countless moose and elk herds in the western part of the state. So i hope they pull their head out, and do a much better job at keeping our wolf season for years to come
The reason that Wyoming refused to budge on the "Predator Zone-shoot on sight" deal, was because of the Livestock/Agricultural/Ranching interests in the State. They have a strangle hold on our Legislature, which is already top heavy with Ranchers and Farmers. This won't change, they are stubborn illegitimate children.