WY credit card survey

AT Hiker

Very Active Member
Aug 2, 2012
Tennessee
Did anyone else receive it? Personally I?d rather not have to pay any extra to use my card so I voted for the choice of hitting our cards IF we draw (I guess like AZ).

If that passes I wonder if more people will apply and hurt odds? I also like earning points on my card, so that?s a nice perk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
Nothing for me either.

I found out that when Utah went to post pay that the number of applications jumped a lot which only added to point creep.

Arizona is a little bit different for non residents just because you have to purchase a $150 hunting license to apply in the draw. That $150 knocks out a lot of people. Utah also requires a $60 hunting license but if you do it right you can use that license for 2 years and you don't have to have a valid license to go hunting once you have your tag in hand. Arizona you need that hunting license. So if the season starts on December 1 and your license expires on 11/31 you need to buy a new one.

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
if you have ever used your credit card online ,it HAS been hacked and your identity is stolen. just a matter of time before it is used.

Zim

Very Active Member
Feb 28, 2011
LaPorte, IN
if you have ever used your credit card online ,it HAS been hacked and your identity is stolen. just a matter of time before it is used.
Not just limited to online. I had 5 fraud charges on CC's last year alone! It's getting to be a joke. Some of these were by supposedly legit companies who just overcharge because there is no attempted theft penalties for them to face. One was a Toyota dealer who claimed it was a misunderstanding. Ya right. I had to sue them. That's their story and they are sticking to it. No penalty for them to try getting away with it.

AT Hiker

Very Active Member
Aug 2, 2012
Tennessee
If we can apply for the grizzly tag and I luck up and draw, I promise you I will tell my wife that $6,000 charge was a fraud...[emoji14]

ore hunter

Very Active Member
Jul 25, 2014
I got the survey and did it.thank you Wyoming for considering what a non-res has to say about your system.

HogsFly

Apr 8, 2018
Parker, Colorado
As a first time user of the WY system, and a nonresident as well, I found the draw application process straightforward and very accommodating.

My stepfather decided he wanted to hunt WY with me, after I had already submitted my choices. One email to WY Game & Fish, and one return call from them, and suddenly we were a group/party. Easy.

LCH

Very Active Member
Jun 28, 2015
Southern Indiana
I completed mine yesterday. I had to take a test on preference points also, I guess so they could see if the input came from a knowledgeable source.

I voted keep the time of payment the same, since I'd hate to see even more point creep by not requiring fees up front. I also voted to eliminate pp purchases at the time of application and require them to be purchased later, as this is apparently causing extra work for G&F and I always buy mine in the summer anyway.

HuskyMusky

Veteran member
Nov 29, 2011
IL
took it as well.

hopefully good will come of it.

I think 1 deadline for applications and bonus points would be ideal, multiple states, multiple deadlines, is getting more annoying with time.

I think they may have to go to a must purchase hunting license to apply system, like UT and AZ.

buckbull

Veteran member
Jun 20, 2011
I received the survey yesterday. They must be staging how they release the survey.

I don't see the pay now or deferred payment if drawn is going to mess with preference point limited entry draw. I think the huge impact may be in the random draw. Right now, you have to pay the whole tag fee up front to be in the random draw. If you can enter the draw without much skin in the game .... well it will turn the random draw odds to complete chit.

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
Arizona has a way to regulate hunters, it is by requiring the applicant to purchase a hunting license before they even put in for the draw. The prospect of paying $150 for a hunting license and then not drawing a tag defers a lot of applicants.

When Utah went to post pay the number of applications went up and I am willing to bet that when Colorado looks at it after this year that the number of applications will be up as well.

The more applicants for a given amount of tags is going to affect the preference or bonus point systems that states use. Perhaps not right now or for those who are already in the system for a couple of animals but down the road it will affect the outcome of the tags that are drawn.