Who else is...

tim

Veteran member
Jun 4, 2011
north idaho
43 degrees here this morning, as i put my rain gear on to do my morning walk.
I get 1200 vert of climbing in 2 miles. Saw 3 elk calves this morning, cool to see the futre of the greatest game animal ever.

Bonecollector

Veteran member
Mar 9, 2014
Ohio
I get 1200 vert of climbing in 2 miles. Saw 3 elk calves this morning, cool to see the futre of the greatest game animal ever.
I thought you mentioned seeing elk.

Greatest game animal… you didn’t mention mule deer. 🤷‍♂️🤓 I’ll Be chasing them in CO this fall.

Reactions: marcusvdk

Shane13

Aug 8, 2012
Hawley, Texas
Nice! I'm jealous of those temps. It was almost double that at 6am this morning when I was working out. I wish we'd get a north wind and some rain, but it'll probably be at least 3 months before that happens. :(

ScottR

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
35 minutes of rolling hills on the treadmill yester, was pretty good. Powering through to the second wind with heavy legs from deadlift the day before was good too.

This morning was chest and tris which is probably my least favorite set of lifts.

Shane13

Aug 8, 2012
Hawley, Texas
Wednesdays are shoulders and arms day for us. Just hitting the little stuff we don't target during the rest of the week. Knocked that out this morning. Every other day is some version of mostly legs, but also push and pull (full body). I didn't know how it would go doing legs almost every day. It took a couple weeks to get over soreness and stiffness. But I made it over the hump. Surprised myself, really. Starting to feel pretty dang good. I can tell that I just did stuff this morning, but not sore or stiff much at all anymore. Trying to keep pushing, but mindful to not go crazy and cause an injury. It really helpful to have something (like elk season) on the calendar that's a reason to train. If "being healthy" is the only goal, it's easier to think about skipping a day. But when there's a date on the calendar when you need to be ready, it's easier to just get it done.

marcusvdk

Veteran member
Dec 13, 2011
Michigan
Lots of swimming well on vacay so far. And some walks knee still doesn't feel right small sharp pains on certain movements and some tines when I plant my leg. Have my physical q week after I get back so will talk to Dr then about it

ScottR

Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
Lots of swimming well on vacay so far. And some walks knee still doesn't feel right small sharp pains on certain movements and some tines when I plant my leg. Have my physical q week after I get back so will talk to Dr then about it
Knee issues are no fun! I've done the ACL reconstruction and Meniscus tear repair stuff. Super fun, i wouldn't wish it on anybody!

ScottR

Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
Wednesdays are shoulders and arms day for us. Just hitting the little stuff we don't target during the rest of the week. Knocked that out this morning. Every other day is some version of mostly legs, but also push and pull (full body). I didn't know how it would go doing legs almost every day. It took a couple weeks to get over soreness and stiffness. But I made it over the hump. Surprised myself, really. Starting to feel pretty dang good. I can tell that I just did stuff this morning, but not sore or stiff much at all anymore. Trying to keep pushing, but mindful to not go crazy and cause an injury. It really helpful to have something (like elk season) on the calendar that's a reason to train. If "being healthy" is the only goal, it's easier to think about skipping a day. But when there's a date on the calendar when you need to be ready, it's easier to just get it done.
Not going crazy is the absolute hardest part, my age tends to be the biggest thing I have to keep in mind. I'm 38 which means I still think I can do things like I did in my 20's but really shouldn't as I don't recover nearly as fast!

Shane13

Aug 8, 2012
Hawley, Texas
Not going crazy is the absolute hardest part, my age tends to be the biggest thing I have to keep in mind. I'm 38 which means I still think I can do things like I did in my 20's but really shouldn't as I don't recover nearly as fast!
Man, me too. I'm 55 now, so I'm much better at it - finally. 6-8 years ago I was working out with a world class trainer (a guy named Bennie Wylie) and a bunch of 20-30 year olds every day. My competitive juices were flowing. I was outworking most of them, but I was getting injuries and aches constantly. At 50 I finally decided that I was being really stupid. There's a reason pro athletes retire in their 30s or maybe early 40s if they're REALLY lucky. I finally decided that I am exercising to be healthy and feel better, not worse. So I quit working out with that group. It was just too hard to be with them and take it easy. I've been feeling much better ever since.

Bennie left Abilene and got back into being a college football strength coach at OU. He's at USC now. He's a freaking beast. Great motivator and trainer too. I wish I was young enough to keep up with him. :D

Last edited:

ScottR

Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
Man, me too. I'm 55 now, so I'm much better at it - finally. 6-8 years ago I was working out with a world class trainer (a guy named Bennie Wylie) and a bunch of 20-30 year olds every day. My competitive juices were flowing. I was outworking most of them, but I was getting injuries and aches constantly. At 50 I finally decided that I was being really stupid. There's a reason pro athletes retire in their 30s or maybe early 40s if they're REALLY lucky. I finally decided that I am exercising to be healthy and feel better, not worse. So I quit working out with that group. It was just too hard to be with them and take it easy. I've been feeling much better ever since.

Bennie left Abilene and got back into being a college football strength coach at OU. He's at USC now. He's a freaking beast. Great motivator and trainer too. I wish I was young enough to keep up with him. :D
With my move here to Powell I gave up men's league hockey. It was really hard and I can still skate with my kids, but man I miss it! However, I don't miss the bumps and bruises that just happen to come with the territory.

Shane13

Aug 8, 2012
Hawley, Texas
We did MtnTough's HP20 Week 3 Day 4 today. Day 4 is the hardest of their workouts, and each week (4 total) gets harder. Day 4 is pack in pack out day. It's a lot of variations of lunges and step ups with increasing weight in the pack. Fun times.

We're not doing HP20 5 days/week as designed. We're just doing 2 days of that along with weight lifting on the other days, so it's taking us longer to get through all of the HP20 workouts. But when we first started, we were only able to complete about 3/4 of each HP20 workout. Now, even though they're longer and more difficult, we're getting through the whole thing. My legs are a little sore right now, but they are feeling really good. Lots stronger than a couple months ago. Every day is leg day in our current hunt prep program. Every day is full body day, so everything is getting work. But some days are mostly legs, like today was.

nickdived45

Jun 24, 2022
Yeah I have no butt lol so wear slim jeans now. They all fit the same still. Button down shirts are bit tight though but ive been focused on upper body lifts as thats my weak area for years.
Hope you feel better soon.
I actually wear Turkish shirts, and the lil peep outfits I have are lovely, but I dislike wearing tight shirts....

Last edited:

tim

Veteran member
Jun 4, 2011
north idaho
I had my annual meetings out of butte, mt last week. I got 4 rides in, out of 4 different trail heads on the CDT(continental divide trail). First time i was there was 2010. those mountains have grown or i am getting older and not as fast. Cool terrain there.