Who else is...

RICMIC

Veteran member
Feb 21, 2012
Two Harbors, Minnesota
My pack training rucks were scheduled to start now that I'm back from the Canada fishing trip, but I returned to find there was a 19,000 acre fire north of me that is making it hard to breath. It was still a couple miles from some lakes where they mandated evacuations, and with a wind switch it ran over the whole area and burned up a lot of cabins and homes. I am 20 miles south with nothing but dry forest between us, and a north wind could have it at my door in short order. I'll be running a pump from the lake and hosing everything I can, and moving important items to my son's house another 20 miles away. I was a firefighter for 24 years, and a wildland firefighter for 9 seasons after that, so I am well aware of the potential danger. I don't know how to link things here, but the Interactive Fire Map, Minnesota, Greenwood Fire will get you an up to date look.

memtb

My pack training rucks were scheduled to start now that I'm back from the Canada fishing trip, but I returned to find there was a 19,000 acre fire north of me that is making it hard to breath. It was still a couple miles from some lakes where they mandated evacuations, and with a wind switch it ran over the whole area and burned up a lot of cabins and homes. I am 20 miles south with nothing but dry forest between us, and a north wind could have it at my door in short order. I'll be running a pump from the lake and hosing everything I can, and moving important items to my son's house another 20 miles away. I was a firefighter for 24 years, and a wildland firefighter for 9 seasons after that, so I am well aware of the potential danger. I don't know how to link things here, but the Interactive Fire Map, Minnesota, Greenwood Fire will get you an up to date look.

Sorry to hear of the fires.....may you and your son (as well as everyone else) be spared from disaster! memtb

Reactions: THelms and RICMIC

marcusvdk

Veteran member
Dec 13, 2011
Michigan
Good lucky buddy stay safe

Reactions: THelms and RICMIC

RICMIC

Veteran member
Feb 21, 2012
Two Harbors, Minnesota
I had the pump running all day, took my fishing boat to the old mechanic for some work and told him to keep it for a while, hauled the woodpile from next to the garage, took the 1922 saddle ring winchester M94 (1922 mfg.) down from the fireplace and into the safe, and also took down the framed Rooser Cogburn painting put in the getaway trailer. That's my future until things change.IMG_1956 (2).JPG

marcusvdk

Veteran member
Dec 13, 2011
Michigan
Wednesday
Lifted ( back, triceps shrugs) back to 3 set after only doing 2 last week to warm back up from vacay

Running sucked today. It was hotter the Satan's butt crack and he had swamp butt. Waited till 9pm to run and was still 80 plus out and humid. We had heat idex over 100 today.

tim

Veteran member
Jun 4, 2011
north idaho
I hear you ricmic, i have a small one a couple of miles away.

Just got back from an awesome bush trip in alaska. 100 mile float from where the plane dropped my wife and i off to the pick up point. great trip. the pic with the mountain is taken at hope creek which dumps into upper twin lakes where the dick proeneke cabin is in lake clark national park. the other pic is 9 days later at maraboo landing where the pickup spot was. great solo boat trip with the wife. The proeneke cabin kicks ass.

Attachments

RICMIC

Veteran member
Feb 21, 2012
Two Harbors, Minnesota
That looks like a fantastic trip. You are lucky to have a wife who is up for an adventure like this. There were many cabins like Proeneke's in the far north, but without being occupied or maintained, they are mostly slowly returning to their base elements.

Last edited:
Reactions: THelms and tim

memtb

Just got back from an awesome bush trip in alaska. 100 mile float from where the plane dropped my wife and i off to the pick up point. great trip. the pic with the mountain is taken at hope creek which dumps into upper twin lakes where the dick proeneke cabin is in lake clark national park. the other pic is 9 days later at maraboo landing where the pickup spot was. great solo boat trip with the wife. The proeneke cabin kicks ass.

Congratulations to the both of you! 👍 Words cannot express the magnitude of envy (yes a sin) I’m overwhelmed with. I guess that envy can be added to the list of all the reasons I’ll go to hell! memtb

Reactions: THelms and tim

THelms

Administrator
Staff member
Dang man! Hope it doesn't get to you.

THelms

Administrator
Staff member

SO>>>FREAKIN'>>>JEALOUS!!!! I cannot wait for the day when my kiddos are big enough for the wife and I to do something like that.