Who else is...

THelms

Administrator
Staff member
Day 4 - 75 Hard Challenge...

Welp, I'm down another 2 pounds, tipped the scale at 245 this morning.

Leg day last night - 15 minute warm up on the treadmill to get me well past 10k steps for the day, light squats as it's been a minute since I squatted seriously, extensions, hammy curls and finished with leg press to failure, managed 18 #45 plates and two reps on my last set... jelly legged stagger to the pickup for a foam roll and 20 pages of Jocko Willink's Extreme Ownership before bed.

This morning I opted for a 4mph walk instead of rucking cause the legs were stiff... they loosened up after awhile and the sunrise was stunning. Upper body pull for lunch and then I'm off for a few days of fishing in Montana. Planning on using the hiking and wading as my 90 minutes of exercise each day as I average around 15k steps per day while fishing the salmonfly hatch. I'll stick to the intermittent fasting and reading each night before I rack out.

So far I'm liking the results of this program. Thought I'd miss my evening bourbon but not at all.

Have a great weekend everyone!

okie archer

Feb 5, 2015
Coweta, Oklahoma
I do no where near the work out you guys do but In the summer months I walk with occasional intermittent jogging up and down the steep road I live on. I started this back in 2014 when I first started hunting out west and have done it every summer since. I absolutely despise it but I enjoy the benefits from it. I started my summer exercise program again recently. It definitely makes a difference in the fall hunting. 2 years ago I felt like I was having brain fog and thought maybe all the sugar I was consuming probably caused it. I had my blood pressure checked and it was arou d 150's/high 90's. I was told it was borderline high bp. I quit caffeine and all sugary snacks and drinks. Also went on a low carb diet. I lost 35 pounds and it dropped my bp to around 120/80.
I was up to 264 pounds. Im not on low carb diet anymore but have stayed off the sugary snacks and caffeine and that has for the most part kept the weight off. I am 45 years old and have an 8 year old son. I want to be able to hunt with my son when he is 20 and beyond. I dont hit the steep hill everyday but usually 3-4 days a week once I get going good. If I did it year round I would burn out.

THelms

Administrator
Staff member
I do no where near the work out you guys do but In the summer months I walk with occasional intermittent jogging up and down the steep road I live on. I started this back in 2014 when I first started hunting out west and have done it every summer since. I absolutely despise it but I enjoy the benefits from it. I started my summer exercise program again recently. It definitely makes a difference in the fall hunting. 2 years ago I felt like I was having brain fog and thought maybe all the sugar I was consuming probably caused it. I had my blood pressure checked and it was arou d 150's/high 90's. I was told it was borderline high bp. I quit caffeine and all sugary snacks and drinks. Also went on a low carb diet. I lost 35 pounds and it dropped my bp to around 120/80.
I was up to 264 pounds. Im not on low carb diet anymore but have stayed off the sugary snacks and caffeine and that has for the most part kept the weight off. I am 45 years old and have an 8 year old son. I want to be able to hunt with my son when he is 20 and beyond. I dont hit the steep hill everyday but usually 3-4 days a week once I get going good. If I did it year round I would burn out.
Good for you man!

Reactions: archeranthony

THelms

Administrator
Staff member
Day 8 - 75 Hard Challenge Update

Scale settled in at 243 Sunday morning but it dipped down to 239! First time I've seen sub-240 in years!!!

As planned I used my wade fishing as my exercise between Thursday afternoon and Saturday afternoon... fished from 7 am on Friday to dark with one break for a little nap on the riverbank. I didn't eat until noon and kept my water intake as high as possible drinking from the river while I fished. (I have a filter bottle) Sunday I switched my fasting routine up as I wanted to eat breakfast with the family (pancakes and sausage baby!) so I cut myself off at 5 pm, boy howdy was I hungry by the time we got home from hiking and setting up basecamp in the mountains.

Weigh in this morning was a bit heavier than Sunday but looking at the picture from today compared to day 1 is encouraging.

Back on the regular grind today.

tim

Veteran member
Jun 4, 2011
north idaho
I did a bike ride last monday with a business associate.
This dude is a fucking animal. He has done 17 ironmans and around 40 marathons. He just did a 50k trail run. Super stud type of guy.
It was fun riding with him, he pushed me up and i pushed him back down. For a decade, he could do an ironman or marathon whenever he wanted.

On a side note, i had a ball last week, but back to work and the reality of life.