Who else is...

THelms

Administrator
Staff member
Nothing too buff to report, but I added a 20# pack to my daily walk, and it didn't slow me down any. (3.4 miles in 58 min.) I know that I am getting in trail shape when I have to supress the urge to start running again. I have a 9 day canoe trip coming up in a couple weeks and don't want the crew that I'm guiding to have to carry me out. So far so good,
Love carrying the pack around

Reactions: RICMIC

RICMIC

Veteran member
Feb 21, 2012
Two Harbors, Minnesota
Love carrying the pack around
With Canada shut down, I am looking around for some alternative adventures. I can't get into the Northwest Territories, but am still holding out hope for Ontario by August. If so, there's a fly-in fishing trip on the docket, but the 70 mile backpack trip in the Pukasaw National Park (no. shore of Lake Superior) will be the physically challenging one. At least it's not 10K feet elevation.

Reactions: marcusvdk

THelms

Administrator
Staff member
With Canada shut down, I am looking around for some alternative adventures. I can't get into the Northwest Territories, but am still holding out hope for Ontario by August. If so, there's a fly-in fishing trip on the docket, but the 70 mile backpack trip in the Pukasaw National Park (no. shore of Lake Superior) will be the physically challenging one. At least it's not 10K feet elevation.
That NoSho trip would be a blast! I miss that country.

marcusvdk

Veteran member
Dec 13, 2011
Michigan
Wednesday
Lifting
Shrugs 3x25
Deadlift 3x15
Bent row 3x15
Yates 3x10
Tricep press 3x15
Kickbacks 3x15

Went for a run at 430 it was hot 90 and humid depoint 90s was rough but did some good work. Thank god for random sprinklers.

tim

Veteran member
Jun 4, 2011
north idaho
ricmic

you might check out the noatak river in alaska. it is in the northwest corner. When i was researching a trip for my wife and I, this one was in the hunt. I leave for the Chilikondrotna in lake clark national park in august for a 10 day remote float.

Bonecollector

Veteran member
Mar 9, 2014
Ohio
Ran a clean diet, running regimen focused on speed, and a detailed weight room plan for past 2 months. Lost about 3lb - leaner and gym lifts are strong. I also ran 2 miles in 13 minutes flat on Wednesday. BIG PR for me. My best last year was only 1 mile at 6:40 and I was toast. Hit abs about 5 days per week in some fashion.

marcusvdk

Veteran member
Dec 13, 2011
Michigan
Ran a clean diet, running regimen focused on speed, and a detailed weight room plan for past 2 months. Lost about 3lb - leaner and gym lifts are strong. I also ran 2 miles in 13 minutes flat on Wednesday. BIG PR for me. My best last year was only 1 mile at 6:40 and I was toast. Hit abs about 5 days per week in some fashion.

View attachment 34799
Dang dude that is a fast dang time for 2 miles. Think my best mile time so far has been like a 7:50. Those hanging ab crunches seem to be working

Reactions: Bonecollector

RICMIC

Veteran member
Feb 21, 2012
Two Harbors, Minnesota
BC, that's crunching it. I just came off my 2 day diet at weighed in at 180# this AM. I haven't been there since my running days. When I was 23 I maxed the Marine Corps PFT, and pumped out the 3 mile run at 17:27 min. On my first marathon I didn't know any better and was near the start with the elite runners and ran a sub 6 pace for the first 6 miles. I was 27 then, and had to hitch-hike the 26 miles back to the start, run an additional 2 miles home to clean up and then go work my 8 hour shift as a cop. As we say here in Minnesota, OOF DAH!
But this is here and now, and can't do that no more. Marcus, I don't remember ever seeing FFG's with "Guns". I have to start hitting the weights again, as you're making me feel wimpy.

marcusvdk

Veteran member
Dec 13, 2011
Michigan
BC, that's crunching it. I just came off my 2 day diet at weighed in at 180# this AM. I haven't been there since my running days. When I was 23 I maxed the Marine Corps PFT, and pumped out the 3 mile run at 17:27 min. On my first marathon I didn't know any better and was near the start with the elite runners and ran a sub 6 pace for the first 6 miles. I was 27 then, and had to hitch-hike the 26 miles back to the start, run an additional 2 miles home to clean up and then go work my 8 hour shift as a cop. As we say here in Minnesota, OOF DAH!
But this is here and now, and can't do that no more. Marcus, I don't remember ever seeing FFG's with "Guns". I have to start hitting the weights again, as you're making me feel wimpy.
Sorry my brain is on over load from work lol whats FFG 😆

RICMIC

Veteran member
Feb 21, 2012
Two Harbors, Minnesota
Upped the wt. of the pack a bit and shaved 2 minutes off the 3.4 mile fast pack. Unfortunately, I paid for it with hip pain most of the night. There's not much you can do when the bones wear out except just keep on trucking. The 9 day canoe trip leaves on the 21st, and our likely route should be around 100 miles, including over 4 miles of portages.
Thanks Tim for the heads up on the Noatak River. It's interesting that I had just re-watched Dick Proeneke's "Alone in the Wilderness" (Formerly One Man's Wilderness) about his life in the Lake Clark region. I would leave for a month in Alaska tomorrow if I had someone able to go along. My Canadian friend has rebooked another trip for this year already, and Canada is still closed to us foreigners.

marcusvdk

Veteran member
Dec 13, 2011
Michigan
Saturday
Split wood and cut down trees with me dad after work

Monday
Attempted a 13 mile run but failed my legs gave out in the heat at mile 11. I paced my self to fast of the start and think that hurt me. Also sucked walking back home the last 2 miles.

ScottR

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
Don't post for a few days...come back to BC and Marcus flexing on everybody....

Deadlift this morning, went pretty well. I am hitting the top end of my weight at the right time it feels like. Mid July my routine is going get pretty messed up and I will be heading out scouting quite a bit. In turn that means a lot of time doing the core exercises for a lot reps and cardio sessions. I have a real love hate relationship with this time of year.

Reactions: marcusvdk

marcusvdk

Veteran member
Dec 13, 2011
Michigan
Don't post for a few days...come back to BC and Marcus flexing on everybody....

Deadlift this morning, went pretty well. I am hitting the top end of my weight at the right time it feels like. Mid July my routine is going get pretty messed up and I will be heading out scouting quite a bit. In turn that means a lot of time doing the core exercises for a lot reps and cardio sessions. I have a real love hate relationship with this time of year.
You should try it makes you feel good 😉

tim

Veteran member
Jun 4, 2011
north idaho
ricmic
we are flying into his cabin and staying a day, then floating out.
I can't wait, the stress of self employment is at an all time high.

Marcus and Bonecollector
good for you guys!

I did get a gooder of a ride on sunday, and on saturday when i peddled in to do some trail clearing, i did see 3 branch antlered bulls and a buck.