Who else is...

THelms

Administrator
Staff member
Man you guys are studs! I've had a hard time maintaining any consistency this winter. I get on a good roll and get a bug or company comes or life gets busy... I'm probably just making excuses but I am moving forward with this plan and goals.

Goals
1. Weigh 225 by Sept. 1st (I'm still down around 20 lbs. from a high point a year ago but have stalled) Current weight this morning 251
2. Maintain functional strength & increase mountain cardio

Plan
Diet - Limit calories to as close to 2k per day as possible with an emphasis on lean protein (1 gram per lb. of bodyweight)
Monday & Wednesday - 1 hour ruck with 50 lb. pack before work
Tuesday & Thursday - Lift and HIIT cardio before work
Fri, Sat, Sunday - Active rest (hiking, fishing, spend as much time in the mountains with my family as possible)

marcusvdk

Veteran member
Dec 13, 2011
Michigan
Man you guys are studs! I've had a hard time maintaining any consistency this winter. I get on a good roll and get a bug or company comes or life gets busy... I'm probably just making excuses but I am moving forward with this plan and goals.

Goals
1. Weigh 225 by Sept. 1st (I'm still down around 20 lbs. from a high point a year ago but have stalled) Current weight this morning 251
2. Maintain functional strength & increase mountain cardio

Plan
Diet - Limit calories to as close to 2k per day as possible with an emphasis on lean protein (1 gram per lb. of bodyweight)
Monday & Wednesday - 1 hour ruck with 50 lb. pack before work
Tuesday & Thursday - Lift and HIIT cardio before work
Fri, Sat, Sunday - Active rest (hiking, fishing, spend as much time in the mountains with my family as possible)
Sounds like a good plan to me. Only to watch with the protien is no more the 30 grams a "meal" my dietitian and surgeon stress this since the body can only absorb 30 grams at a time so anything else is just pushed through the body.

Reactions: THelms

marcusvdk

Veteran member
Dec 13, 2011
Michigan
Thursday

Recumbent bike 20 mins 6.84 miles

Friday
Did a run with my youngest 4 years old today. He did amazing 10:58 on the first mile and 13:40 on the second with a break between.

Besides that run did my elliptical series run
2 min warmup
7 rounds( run, jog, sprint, walk, 45 secs each)
Cooldown

Lifted
Close grip bench 2x10
Skull crusher 3x15
Bent flyes 3x15
Shoulders press 3x15
Lateral raises 3x10
Shrugs 3x25

marcusvdk

Veteran member
Dec 13, 2011
Michigan
Monday

Lifted
Shrugs 3x25
Bent row 3x12
Deadlift 3x10
Good mornings 2x10
Hammer curls 3x15
Bicep curls 3x15

Decided that im bringing my running stuff along on the trip may get a in a run or 2 well down there

Attachments

Last edited:

THelms

Administrator
Staff member
Sounds like a good plan to me. Only to watch with the protien is no more the 30 grams a "meal" my dietitian and surgeon stress this since the body can only absorb 30 grams at a time so anything else is just pushed through the body.

Good to know... I'm still battling my meathead mentality of a gram of protein per pound of bodyweight. Tough to make that adjustment.

tim

Veteran member
Jun 4, 2011
north idaho
t25 between running my wife to the hospital for a colonscopy.
Another wind storm and another couple of days of no power, good thing there is a creek on my property for flushing toilets. Kind of hard to prep for a colonscopy with out water.

marcusvdk

Veteran member
Dec 13, 2011
Michigan
Good to know... I'm still battling my meathead mentality of a gram of protein per pound of bodyweight. Tough to make that adjustment.
They actually dont want me much above 100 grams a day and im sitting right atound 215 and eatting 1200-1300 calories a day

marcusvdk

Veteran member
Dec 13, 2011
Michigan
That's interesting. I've dropped my calories to 2030 per day and that's about as low as I can go and not want to strangle somebody! I cannot imagine 1200-1300. Why so few calories?
I had bariatric sleeve done so my stomach is much smaller then most peoples

THelms

Administrator
Staff member
Missed my Tuesday workout due to work conflicts... Jocko would not be impressed! However, I doubled down yesterday... just conditioning work scheduled for today, another 5 mile ruck.

Lifting - Bench, Deadlift, Squat, Bent Rows (10,8,6,4,2 Pyramid)
Conditioning - Rucked 5 miles

Reactions: marcusvdk