Who else is...

marcusvdk

Veteran member
Dec 13, 2011
Michigan
We had a great time on your charter on Lake Superior. I caught a nice 27 inch lake trout and we got 7 keepers. Limit was 15 total. I caught 3.5 fish one was to small to keep. The half a fish was the fish me and my brother were holding. He ate my brothers spoon and few minutes later one of the other line went off. As we reeled in lines seemed crossed so we got them uncrossed and finished reeling in to see the fish coming in with both our spoons in his mouth on opposite sides. Fish was great the first 4ish hours then it slowed down and the waves picked up a lot. Was a rough ride back in.

Bonecollector

Veteran member
Mar 9, 2014
Ohio
10 mile recovery jog.

I have my first marathon Saturday, October 3. I have never ran a marathon nor have I ever ran further than 22 miles. I’m treating this as more of a training trial run to see how things go should I run a marathon in the future. I plan to give an 85 to 90% effort so that I can quickly recover get a good idea of where I am fitness-wise and be ready for my hunt in a few short weeks.

RICMIC

Veteran member
Feb 21, 2012
Two Harbors, Minnesota
Right on BC. The biggest mistake that I made on my first marathon many years ago was that I lined up near the front of the pack (right behind the "elite" runners). So, I got caught up in the pace and enthusiasm of that group and held a sub 5:30 pace for the first 8 miles. Too fast, too soon. The Wall hit around mile #20, and I doubt that I was doing a 10 minute mile for the last few. Still met my goal of a sub 4 hrs.. I couldn't find my ride in the crowd, so I had to hike a couple miles and then hitch-hike the rest of the way back to the start, then get changed and work my shift as a police officer. Oh to be 27 again.

Reactions: Bonecollector

marcusvdk

Veteran member
Dec 13, 2011
Michigan
10 mile recovery jog.

I have my first marathon Saturday, October 3. I have never ran a marathon nor have I ever ran further than 22 miles. I’m treating this as more of a training trial run to see how things go should I run a marathon in the future. I plan to give an 85 to 90% effort so that I can quickly recover get a good idea of where I am fitness-wise and be ready for my hunt in a few short weeks.
Awesome cant wait to hear how it goes

Bonecollector

Veteran member
Mar 9, 2014
Ohio
Let me also add that this is a virtual race which I’ll be running with friends since the actual Marine Corp Marathon was cancelled.
I’ll be running with a group of about 10. Most are elite runners who are taking turns pacing and motivating so the rest of us are not running alone and to keep us motivated. Great friends!
My goal is sub 4 hrs. I believe I’m capable of this but as I mentioned I’m trying to run< 90% effort so I recover quickly as I head west 11 days later. I guess I’ll find out how a power lifter moves between miles 20-26.2 as I’m not built like those guys! 🤪

ScottR

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
Squated heavy for the first time in about two months this morning. It is really weird to have over a month between the start of elk season and when my buck hit the dirt. Good thing I have a local antelope hunt to help my Dad out with and a couple of other fun hunts.

Bonecollector

Veteran member
Mar 9, 2014
Ohio
Keep after it guys!
I'm in recovery mode for my race. Right leg has been bothering me the past month, so I'm hoping I can get over whatever is going on there.

Reactions: marcusvdk

ScottR

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
Well, I am a sore unit today. Yesterday's squat session was a good one...or so my body is telling me.

Isolation for chest and tris this morning, still down weight wise from my deer trip so that is a plus.

marcusvdk

Veteran member
Dec 13, 2011
Michigan
Wednesday
Elliptical intervals 1.5 miles total 10.5 mins
Alternated between flat and 10 degree incline every quarter mile

Lifted
Good mornings 3x10
Row 3x15
Shrugs 3x15
Deadlift 3x10
Skullcrusher 3x12
Kickbacks 3x12

Bonecollector

Veteran member
Mar 9, 2014
Ohio
Keep after it guys! 2 more days until my trial Full Marathon. Won't be as fun or as fast as a real race, but it'll give me a good idea of where I am at going into next year.