Who else is...

RICMIC

Veteran member
Feb 21, 2012
Two Harbors, Minnesota
Took a rest day yesterday, partially because I had a bunch of things to do, but also because I was so sore and stiff that I couldn't walk normally. At first I thought it must be from simply upping the weight on my pack for my daily "ruck", but then I realized that it was from something that I try to avoid doing anymore. After trap shooting on Tuesday we were putting away some gear, and it was about 100 yards across a field to one of the storage lockers. I ran that 100 yards to catch up to the young man who was about to lock it up. No problem, felt pretty good, but clearly I used muscles that aren't used to being used that way. Back at it today though.

Slugz

Veteran member
Oct 12, 2014
Woodland Park, Colorado
I've been getting after it just not posting. Taking all my energy at this point just to get up in the am. Yeah I'm still stuck over here :)
Mid Aug return looks like it should pan out.

Just finished a 7 day straight all body work out series. Will take 48 hours off then do it again. I ramped up my post recovery workout program also by icing the feet every day. I'm no spring chicken any more :)

46 days 21 hours 14 min 28 sec to go !!!

marcusvdk

Veteran member
Dec 13, 2011
Michigan
Saturday
recumbent bike 20 mins 6.5 miles slower steady pace today.

Worked on the flower bed and trimming some bushes up. In our nasty heat index yesterday for about an hour. Looked like I swam with my clothes on when I was done.

RICMIC

Veteran member
Feb 21, 2012
Two Harbors, Minnesota
Starting to up the moves; matched my last 25 year high with 23 pullups & 45 pushups before rucking 3.4 mile with a 32# pack. Completed the hike in 1 hour. Fast walking is the only way I can prep for the altitude and the mountains. Leaving in 3 days for the Wyoming camping/fishing/scouting trip.

Bonecollector

Veteran member
Mar 9, 2014
Ohio
Starting to up the moves; matched my last 25 year high with 23 pullups & 45 pushups before rucking 3.4 mile with a 32# pack. Completed the hike in 1 hour. Fast walking is the only way I can prep for the altitude and the mountains. Leaving in 3 days for the Wyoming camping/fishing/scouting trip.
23 pull-upS all in one hang session?!?! That’s awesome if so. Breaking them up into sets good too.

Reactions: marcusvdk

RICMIC

Veteran member
Feb 21, 2012
Two Harbors, Minnesota
23 pull-upS all in one hang session?!?! That’s awesome if so. Breaking them up into sets good too.
Yup, that's in one shot, and all clean too. It was 20 pullups (not the so-called chin-ups that's more like a curl) to max out that portion of the Marine Corps physical fitness test. It took me a long time to get to that 20, but I have mostly been able to maintain that for the last 45 years. The average for 20 year old U.S. males used to be around 6, and females was 0. I would bet that today the male average would be way down as I can't believe the poor shape that most youngsters are in.

• Love
Reactions: Bonecollector

marcusvdk

Veteran member
Dec 13, 2011
Michigan
Yup, that's in one shot, and all clean too. It was 20 pullups (not the so-called chin-ups that's more like a curl) to max out that portion of the Marine Corps physical fitness test. It took me a long time to get to that 20, but I have mostly been able to maintain that for the last 45 years. The average for 20 year old U.S. males used to be around 6, and females was 0. I would bet that today the male average would be way down as I can't believe the poor shape that most youngsters are in.
I can honestly say I dont think I could do one I've always been weaker in my upper body then in my legs.

marcusvdk

Veteran member
Dec 13, 2011
Michigan
Sunday rest day and first day off in over a week

Monday
Weigh in
Hw 364
Sw 337
Cw 235

Dropped 4.6 pounds this week break out of the 4 week plateau I hope

tim

Veteran member
Jun 4, 2011
north idaho
i found the firewood nirvana. Pulled 3 cords of dry buckskin tamarack. just beautiful firewood.
I will grab another cord tomorrow morning before work.

Reactions: marcusvdk

marcusvdk

Veteran member
Dec 13, 2011
Michigan
Monday
2 short dog walks and 1 long dog walk.
Vet wants my old pal to walk 2-3 times a day 10-15 mins to help with the start of arthritis and muscle loss in his hips. Got him on a joint medication now also.

I also pulled something in my quad this weekend so was a good way for me to stay loose

RICMIC

Veteran member
Feb 21, 2012
Two Harbors, Minnesota
This will be my last post here for a while. My wife and I are headed out early for Wyoming, then on to WA for some family time. It will be hard to be too strict on a diet while staying at someone else's house, but will likely be able to get in a couple hours of dog walking time each day. But, when still in WY, the Continental Divide trail runs right by the campground at Green River Lakes, so will do some more rucking at altitude before my overnight scouting trip. So far so good; healthy and uninjured. I will be trying out a few new pieces of gear to see if it's worth hauling up the mountain in Sept.

marcusvdk

Veteran member
Dec 13, 2011
Michigan
This will be my last post here for a while. My wife and I are headed out early for Wyoming, then on to WA for some family time. It will be hard to be too strict on a diet while staying at someone else's house, but will likely be able to get in a couple hours of dog walking time each day. But, when still in WY, the Continental Divide trail runs right by the campground at Green River Lakes, so will do some more rucking at altitude before my overnight scouting trip. So far so good; healthy and uninjured. I will be trying out a few new pieces of gear to see if it's worth hauling up the mountain in Sept.
Have a good safe trip man enjoy your time out there

Bonecollector

Veteran member
Mar 9, 2014
Ohio
Safe travels and enjoy buddy! Take some cool pics to share. 😁