What knife or knives do you carry? Lets see them !

280ackimp

Jul 4, 2017
New Hampshire
All,
As we try and pass the time between now and Christmas (the Feb 22 draw results) I wonder if anyone else has a knife affliction? I collect and have too many knives, but always go to a specific couple of knives for my hunts.

Here is a new to me knife left to me by a friend who started me elk hunting. It will be the knife I carry this year in the Thorofare when elk hunting in his honor.

IMG_20180207_103010748.jpg

Whats on your belt or in your pocket?

ScottR

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
The way all of you order knives with subscriptions tells me that there are a lot of Outdoor Edge knives out there...

Boehunter

Mar 26, 2014
Wyoming
Last year I ran both the Titan by havalon and the steep country by benchmade. Both are sound knives I hoped the benchmade would hold an edge longer then it did but I was a big fan of the blade angle and handle. I processed in the field 3 elk 3 deer and 2 antelope. I like outdoor edge but hate the button placement I always found myself hitting that and releasing my blades have they changed that?

wy-tex

Veteran member
May 2, 2016
SE Wyoming
Here's are my most carried knives: left 2 are my everyday carry, larger blade for hunting season, right 2 are my special tag knives. The top right quartered out my cow bison last year without needing a touch up on the blade during the process.
All made by a local bladesmith in Laramie. I have a real weakness for nice knives.

We use our Outdoor Edge knives for processing, I think we have 3 sets.

DSCN1326 (800x600).jpg

Gr8bawana

Veteran member
Aug 14, 2014
Nevada
I carry an old Buck model 112 that is 35+ years old. The shape has been modified a little. It also holds an edge forever.

conibear

Oct 15, 2017
Here's are my most carried knives: left 2 are my everyday carry, larger blade for hunting season, right 2 are my special tag knives. The top right quartered out my cow bison last year without needing a touch up on the blade during the process.
All made by a local bladesmith in Laramie. I have a real weakness for nice knives.

View attachment 20853
Could you please let me know what kind of steel on the top right knife?

AKaviator

Veteran member
Jul 26, 2012

View attachment 20853[/QUOT

Those are nice! I've never used one with a Damascus blade, you must like them. How are they for maintaining can edge?

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
Leatherman titanium

Never leave home without it.

I caped and quartered a moose with it once. True story.

6.jpg

6mm Remington

Very Active Member
Mar 27, 2011
Western Montana
Cool thing about living in Portland is driving to Benchmade, ZT, Kershaw, and Leatherman in under an hour (intentionally leaving Gerber off the list). EDC an indestructible Benchmade Elishewitz. New hunting knife is this incredible Mini Crooked River Benchmade rolled out. Classic hunting knife lines, with the axis lock that I love and really good balance and finish. This thing is awesome and people went crazy for it at the SHOT show. No better customer service than Benchmade, and made in Oregon.

View attachment 20855View attachment 20856View attachment 20857View attachment 20858
My every day carry knife is a Benchmade mini-Barrage with the G10 handle. It is a great knife with a perfect shape and size of the blade and handle. I also really like the spring-assist opening. Love the USA made knives.

My hunting knives are two, a Schrade lock-blade knife ( USA made and looks just like the Buck 110) and a Ruana Steelhead model although I was just given a custom Ruana 5AD model that has special handles on it and some custom spine work on the blade. It is beautiful and I used it on my antelope hunt this last year. Ruana makes some nice stuff.

http://www.ruanaknives.com/knivesandhatchetgallery.aspx

I also have a Buck 110 that is an awesome knife, but I think everyone has one or two of these!

Colorado Cowboy

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2011
Dolores, Colorado
Knives 001.jpgKnives 002.jpg

The 3 in the pictures are my everyday cutters! Of course the folder is an Outdoor Edge from Eastman's, the smaller sheath knife is a custom skinner made by Mark Wahlster, Silverton, Or. that I had him make to my specification about 30 years ago. I use it on all my big game and it is a wonderful blade. The large 10" Bowie is one I wear on my gunbelt when I am cowboy shooting. I made it about 10 years ago. It's just for show, but I suppose it would work on maybe an elephant!

Last edited:

Tim McCoy

Veteran member
Dec 15, 2014
Oregon
The way all of you order knives with subscriptions tells me that there are a lot of Outdoor Edge knives out there...
Yep. Use mine on game. Have several now. Skinned and boned out two cow elk on one blade with just a few touch ups. It's my go to hunting knife. Got tired of Havalon blades breaking and then the adventure of trying to get the reminants off the handle.

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
I have hundreds of knives but my old timer 60t is my go to.

have yet to form an opinion on the quality of the outdoor edge knives but will say, they are sharp

Last edited:

alaska2go

Oct 20, 2012
Canon City, CO
Cutco drop point hunting knife with the rubber handle color orange. All of my hunting friends have bought one since they have seen mine in action. Hold an edge & easy to sharpen.

I can guarantee if you know how to sharpen a knife w/ a pocket steel you will sell or give away all other big brand knives.