What are your...?

lukew

Administrator
Jul 1, 2019
Hey guys!

Hope all is well just wanted to start a thread and ask... what are your goals for 2022? Hunting, life, anything!
I would love to hear. Maybe it will inspire others.

Ready, go!

Reactions: memtb

Hilltop

Veteran member
Feb 25, 2014
Eastern Nebraska
My goal this year is to just stay positive and do my best to keep my family doing well through all the inflation and BS going on. My family has some great fishing and hunting trips lined up so I am doing some side work to make sure we can afford to do them all without impacting our normal budget. So far so good!

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
-Wire my garage.
-Run water to my garage.
-Saw enough logs on my sawmill to finish the inside of my garage.
-Build heavy duty workbenches in my garage out of rough cut.
-Put wood burner in my garage.
-Build a chicken coop.
-Get my reloading room set up again.
-Plant food plots
-Get ready for Elk trip.
-Get these shotguns shooting my cast slugs in time for Illinois gun season.
-Put rough cut timbers the whole way down the driveway on both sides to keep my gravel from migrating to Florida on a daily basis....

Colorado Cowboy

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2011
Dolores, Colorado
-Wire my garage.
-Run water to my garage.
-Saw enough logs on my sawmill to finish the inside of my garage.
-Build heavy duty workbenches in my garage out of rough cut.
-Put wood burner in my garage.
-Build a chicken coop.
-Get my reloading room set up again.
-Plant food plots
-Get ready for Elk trip.
-Get these shotguns shooting my cast slugs in time for Illinois gun season.
-Put rough cut timbers the whole way down the driveway on both sides to keep my gravel from migrating to Florida on a daily basis....
You have a full platter!

Reactions: memtb

Colorado Cowboy

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2011
Dolores, Colorado
My main goal is to get my back issues fixed and under control. Doing pt right now and it is helping.
Lose another 20 pounds by the end of the year. Have already lost 60# in the last year and a half.
Fill my elk tag.
Figure out what we are going to do next year......Alaska, Belize or Hawaii. I want to go to Alaska again, but my wife is leaning toward Belize....maybe both! LOL

ScottR

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
Oh boy, well there are lots of them...many worth noting here.

1. Get my kids along for two successful hunts. With their age it is all about having fun and having some success, so that means doe/fawn or cow/calf, etc. The three oldest enjoy it and now the task is taking it to the next level with them.
2. Same goal as every year, find a big framed, mature old mountain buck in the high country.
3. Get the laminate vinyl plank flooring installed upstairs now that the basement is done. It is about the same square footage as the basement but just one room.
4. If I draw the elk tag I applied for, kill my best bull. If I go general well that will definetly have to be 6 point or a cow.
5. Other goals related to career, etc. but those probably aren't public forum stuff. LOL

ScottR

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
My main goal is to get my back issues fixed and under control. Doing pt right now and it is helping.
Lose another 20 pounds by the end of the year. Have already lost 60# in the last year and a half.
Fill my elk tag.
Figure out what we are going to do next year......Alaska, Belize or Hawaii. I want to go to Alaska again, but my wife is leaning toward Belize....maybe both! LOL
Wow, losing that is a big accomplishment! Congrats!

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
You have a full platter!
Tell me about it....

I also need to get water and power to my guest cabin and get my dock taken care of down at the pond (That in itself is going to be a giant PITA...) and finish the inside of that guest cabin as well. Its a never-ending circus of to-do's at my house......

TIME. Its the one thing I wish I had more of.

Well, I wish I had more money too. Then I wouldn't have to fell, buck, and saw up so many logs for cheap lumber myself and I could just run down to lowed and buy it. lol Lumber prices are borderline INSANE right now.

Last edited:
Reactions: memtb and ScottR

Turbodude

Oct 17, 2017
Red side of Ca
Unfortunately did not draw a wyo cow elk tag this year & didn’t draw any kind of a tag worth a shit in Commiefornia, just going to fix up the house and try to sell it and get the f*** out of the Commiefornia. Good luck to all who were successful

BuzzH

Very Active Member
Apr 15, 2015
Have plenty to keep me busy.

Between now and August figure out my new promotion/position at work and get going on that. Off to a good start there, and stacking up leave for the fall.

Hopefully have some success lobbying in D.C. on some work related issues.

Have our annual AK fishing trip in August with 5 friends, always enjoy that and bring enough fish home that I keep very few, if any, fish in Wyoming.

Right after that get busy scouting for my 2nd Wyoming bull moose permit since 2015. Hope to find 5-10 days in September to look around and if the right bull in the right place were to get into archery range we'll see. If not I'll kill one in October and maybe poke around for a buck mule deer as well. Will sneak out and hopefully find a real classy pronghorn buck in October as well.

Waiting on the Wyoming draw results for deer, elk, pronghorn, but should have 3 elk tags, 2 buck deer tags, and a good buck pronghorn as well as a couple doe tags that will get thrown in the bin.

Depending on draws, may kill a cow elk in August. Will hunt elk the second half of October with a couple resident and NR friends regardless of what elk tag I may or may not draw.

November head to Montana to hunt a special deer tag I've waited a long time to draw. Hunt with my Dad, Brother, and Nephews while there as well.

Early December take my 2 nephews on a bull elk hunt here in Wyoming, they both drew great tags.

After that, fill whatever cow permits I have left and help NR and R friends with theirs too.

Who knows, maybe get lucky and draw another AZ sheep tag (has to be a rocky) and/or a great late coues tag (would have to be random).

Really nothing out of the ordinary, other than the surprise random moose permit.

Shane13

Aug 8, 2012
Hawley, Texas
My hunting goal this year is to call in a bull elk for my son in September. It will be his first bull and first elk with a bow. He killed a cow last year with his rifle. And then, after I call him in a bull to shoot at 20 yards broadside, my next goal will be to shoot the big 7x7 that he calls in for me the next day. :D

Zach and his wife are expecting our first grandbaby (a girl) in December. My goal is to start spoiling her rotten ASAP.

My wife and I had a goal of taking our kids and their spouses to Hawaii before they started having babies. We have a trip to Kauai booked for late July. Looks like we will just barely get it in before the first baby will arrive, as the baby was a surprise for them. My daughter and her husband just bought their first house. No baby yet, but we'll be glad to get another grandbaby whenever they're ready.

Our other big goal is to get a house built on the land we bought last year. We're getting plans finalized right now, so we'll be able to break ground in a month or so, Lord willing.

Naturebob

Feb 28, 2016
phoenix, az.
Kill a Monster Bull on my early rifle rut hunt in 3a 3c in Arizona. Hope to get drawn for Sheep in AZ. with 29 Res . points . Already been a great year, after 35 years of marriage, then divorce, 6 years looking for a great one , moved in with a Beautiful Woman who will let me hunt and golf without bitching. As Pretty and smart as You can find for 66 . Never dreamed I'd be falling in love at this age. And have My first great Garden ever. LOL...................BOB!

buckbull

Veteran member
Jun 20, 2011
Have plenty to keep me busy.

Between now and August figure out my new promotion/position at work and get going on that. Off to a good start there, and stacking up leave for the fall.

Hopefully have some success lobbying in D.C. on some work related issues.

Have our annual AK fishing trip in August with 5 friends, always enjoy that and bring enough fish home that I keep very few, if any, fish in Wyoming.

Right after that get busy scouting for my 2nd Wyoming bull moose permit since 2015. Hope to find 5-10 days in September to look around and if the right bull in the right place were to get into archery range we'll see. If not I'll kill one in October and maybe poke around for a buck mule deer as well. Will sneak out and hopefully find a real classy pronghorn buck in October as well.

Waiting on the Wyoming draw results for deer, elk, pronghorn, but should have 3 elk tags, 2 buck deer tags, and a good buck pronghorn as well as a couple doe tags that will get thrown in the bin.

Depending on draws, may kill a cow elk in August. Will hunt elk the second half of October with a couple resident and NR friends regardless of what elk tag I may or may not draw.

November head to Montana to hunt a special deer tag I've waited a long time to draw. Hunt with my Dad, Brother, and Nephews while there as well.

Early December take my 2 nephews on a bull elk hunt here in Wyoming, they both drew great tags.

After that, fill whatever cow permits I have left and help NR and R friends with theirs too.

Who knows, maybe get lucky and draw another AZ sheep tag (has to be a rocky) and/or a great late coues tag (would have to be random).

Really nothing out of the ordinary, other than the surprise random moose permit.
Congrats on the promotion Buzz.

Mr Drysdale

Mar 24, 2013
No trips west this year. Normal hunting season in Mississippi. Always looking for a mature buck but if not I will put a doe in the freezer. Trying to decide when to retire. I’ll be 65 this month. Enjoy my job but would like to ride the tractor a lot more. I spend a lot of my time following grandchildren playing ball. Planning to build my retirement home soon as the one I’ve been in for 32 years is too big. I’ll build a 1,600ish sq ft house and a 40 x 40 shop at the farm.