What’s your plans?

Colorado Cowboy

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2011
Dolores, Colorado
First things first......
Tomorrow morning I will have surgery to replace my left knee. Start PT next Monday.
Then.........
Myself and a couple of buddies are putting for deer and antelope in Wyoming. Then I will try and draw elk here in Colorado.

Plan on catching a lot of fish this summer in my new boat. The wet winter should help with all the water levels here in SW Colorado.
Make reservations for next years trip for my wife and I to celebrate oyr 60th wedding anniversary.
Thursday afternoon.............back home with my new knee. Everything went well. I start PT on Monday.

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
CO - rifle bear/Trout fishing/prairie dogs
GA -wma deer
GA -state park deer
Ga -wma duck draw
GA-hunting on my deer lease.
WY- deer with my dad potentially
GA- Several good bucks survived at my place and I hope to get my kid on one of those. It didn’t happen this year.

But first: I missed the bowfishing season last year due to the house build. I’m going to make the fish pay for it this year…..Friends from Pennsylvania are coming in on April 1st to run trot lines and go bowfishing. I’m looking forward to that more than anything. I haven’t seen a couple of my best friends since my Wyoming deer trip in 2018.

Last edited:

Stevo

Mar 2, 2014
Texas
Wyoming - swing for the fences for a random elk tag.
NM - same as Wyoming.
Colorado - points, hopefully help my dad if he draws an elk or deer tag.
Utah - gonna try to draw an elk tag, have a 50/50 shot with my points.
Texas - predator hunting now through March or so, crappie fishing late Spring, coast fishing for trout and Reds late Spring early Summer, dove hunt, hog hunt (year round) , whitetail deer hunting.

DoubleDropMuley

Apr 18, 2020
Well depending on what Wyo G&F does with my apps😃, first results less than 2 weeks, probably no out of state stuff this year but I am considering going to Illinois to archery hunt some whitetails with a buddy, but nothing for sure yet, but here’s to 2023 season , good luck to you all on the hunts we get to do!!!👊🏻

BuzzH

Very Active Member
Apr 15, 2015
I'm guessing the usual unless myself or immediate family hit a great tag, we have lots of points in various states.

For sure:

WY: 3 elk tags, 1-2 buck deer tags, 1 buck pronghorn, a couple/few whitetail doe tags, a couple pronghorn doe/fawn to pitch in the trash, lion, and bear.

MT: NR OTC deer combination license.

AK: Annual fishing trip with my buddies and family.

NE: Upland bird hunting

Possibilities with out drawing:

TX: may go hunt a friends place in March to help reduce some hogs and exotics.

IL: Have a friends place to hunt if I choose to get the tag.

Reactions: Ikeepitcold

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
Home from PT, no problem at all.
I remember dealing with my brother in law on both of his knee replacements. I dragged him to his PT for a couple of weeks and while I sat outside on a bench watching folks he was doing all the work.

He did say that after he had his first one done that he wished that he had done it 10 years earlier, his second one was done a year after the first.

He was getting around pretty good come the elk hunt that year, he wasn't tackling the meaner hikes but if there was a nice trail or road he had no problems with it. He had both of his done in June if I remember right.

Reactions: Colorado Cowboy

LCH

Very Active Member
Jun 28, 2015
Southern Indiana
Going to Oklahoma next week to hunt hogs.

Definitely deer here in Indiana.

Probably deer in Kansas.

I'll have roughly a dozen other applications with low to fair odds, hope to get lucky on a couple of them.

Reactions: DoubleDropMuley

280ackimp

Jul 4, 2017
New Hampshire
Wyoming for elk if the tag gods are good to me. Fingers crossed that the party app gets drawn, Wyoming ! If drawn, 4 of us are going to the Thorofare for the last hunt in unit 60. 2 newbies will be along so its cool to see them prep and gear up. Its a month later than I have ever been in that area so a different hunt experience is expected, cold weather.
Fishing in the northeast, New England brookies and salmon. Possibly a grouse hunt in Northern Maine. Deer with a new bow locally and more sporting clays than usual.

Colorado Cowboy

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2011
Dolores, Colorado
My wife and I are going to celebrate or 60th wedding anniversary in 2024. We decided to go back to Alaska, this time in August for fishing and seeing some more of the state. We are going to go to Kodiak for sure to fish silvers and see the bears. Hope to spend at least a month. I know it's over a year and a half away, but I need to start planning our trip and make a few reservations so we can get the dates we want.

dan maule

Very Active Member
Jan 3, 2015
Upper Michigan
My wife and I are going to celebrate or 60th wedding anniversary in 2024. We decided to go back to Alaska, this time in August for fishing and seeing some more of the state. We are going to go to Kodiak for sure to fish silvers and see the bears. Hope to spend at least a month. I know it's over a year and a half away, but I need to start planning our trip and make a few reservations so we can get the dates we want.
60 years is definitely something to celebrate! Congratulations and I hope you have a great trip.

BuzzH

Very Active Member
Apr 15, 2015
I've spent a fair bit of time on Kodiak if I can help any way, shoot me a PM.

Reactions: Colorado Cowboy