The 2019 Mule Deer Success Thread!

dan maule

Very Active Member
Jan 3, 2015
Upper Michigan
Here is my 10 year old son's first buck taken this past weekend. He was one happy boy! He also filled a couple of antlerless tags on this hunt. 3 shots, 3 deer... better than I did on my first rifle hunt for sure. Furthest shot was 210 yards. Proud dad!
That's Awesome! I have a feeling that young man is going to put down a lot of critters in the coming years. You can tell he is having the time of his life.

Reactions: Hilltop

Roundball

May 15, 2015
Ohio unfortunatly
Found this buck couple miles up in the mountains on our ID otc general tag, then found the second buck for my son the next day when we were hiking up to finish packing out my buck. We had great time with my son, love hunting with my kids, it is always blessing.
[/Congrats. I think Idaho looks better than Co. for General tags!QUOTE]

Montana

Veteran member
Nov 3, 2011
Bitterroot Valley, MT.
Man... some impressive critters here. Congrats to everyone. We focused on whitetail this year.
The last weekend of the season we tried to get my daughter an elk and on the hunt we saw a beautiful muley buck. I let her get on him to dry fire. After a few “got him’s” she turned and said, dad next year I want to hunt muleys. I just said, yeah I get it kid. 😁