The 2019 Mule Deer Success Thread!

ScottR

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
Western Hunting...nothing like it. I drove 1,500 miles one way to hunt in very windy and snowy conditions for 5 days. I was able to glass up 10-15 bucks per day along with seeing elk, goats, & yotes while the 3 camps back near the trailhead were seeing only 2-5 deer per day. 🤣 One of the other "road hunters" asked, "Did you see the lights going straight up the mountain before dawn- those guys are insane?" All I could do was chuckle. I told him you've got to go where the deer are, they do not come to you.
Saw 4-5 good bucks and lots of 100"-125" bucks daily. I was able to take a nice buck on day 4 and my hunt partner took a nice buck day 5 before a big storm blew through.
View attachment 28747

View attachment 28748
Congrats! Way to get it done!

Reactions: Bonecollector

Winchester

Veteran member
Mar 27, 2014
Cascade, Colorado
It's a small dry creek bed … you probably have some of those in Arizona!
;) (y)

Although that one looked like it probably has water in the Springtime when the snow's melting off.

Ikeepitcold

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 22, 2011
Reno Nv
2 outta 6 deer tags didn’t get filled.

The weather had warmed up to the 70’s making the bucks bed very early and get up late. We hunted hard and both hunters could have filled their tags but were willing to not fill on smaller bucks then they wanted.

A couple more friends have late season Dec 1st opening archery tags so hope to help fill their tags.

About Eastmans'

• Eastmans’ is a three generation media based hunting company whose goal is to promote the pursuit of elk hunting, deer hunting and all western big game. Our mission is to educate and entertain along the lines of bowhunting and rifle hunting to provide sportsmen with the most up-to-date tactics, hunting gear and hunting area research for both archery hunting and rifle hunting in the West.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Follow us on Facebook