Social Distancing - What's Everyone Doing?

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
lol. this reminds me of a story from 40 some years ago , when I worked at a feedlot

this particular farmer/rancher hired both citizens and illegals alike .
so one day this white guy and an immigrant I worked with went out to pound t posts. they'd trade off each post.

so the white guy was pounding and raised the pounder to high and it caught the top of the post . when he drove down the pounder smashed him in the forehead and knocked him out cold.

the illegal ,thinking he was dead and thinking he would be blamed for killing him, went back to the labor camp and said nothing of the incident to anyone.:eek::rolleyes:

so a couple hours later this dude comes to ,and staggers his way back to the shop, blood all over his face but he was ok, short of a massive headache.

can't for the life of me ,remember his name but from that day on he was dubbed ,"pounder."

lol .talk about social distance!!!!!!!!!!

needless to say, the illegal was let go

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
One summer when I was working in the middle of the Alaskan Tundra I watched an overly vigorous guy come up off of a T-post with the post driver.

When he came down he caught hit finger between the driver and the top of the T-post.

Cut it right off.

Not gonna lie to you guys, I almost threw up....

Dangerous tool for sure.

Pounding T-posts and digging holes in frozen ground while watching for brown bears that sneak up on you is a real p.i.t.a....I am glad I dont do that anymore.

Hilltop

Veteran member
Feb 25, 2014
Eastern Nebraska
First job I ever had was building fence for Pete Burns. He owned a good % of the rodeo stock that was used at Cheyenne Frontier Days. The bulls never gave me any problems but driving T posts and long runs of wire rolling got me a couple times. I learned quickly and by the time I was 16 I started building fence on my own for other ranchers. I still build fence today on the side and had my sons along for an education the last few times. There is a lot more money in it these days but driving t posts manually is still a pain.

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
I used to think it wasn't to bad ,if, you used your head.

pounder proved that theory wrong.

RICMIC

Veteran member
Feb 21, 2012
Two Harbors, Minnesota
I'm taking my wife out to dinner today for her birthday. I was able to make reservations at the finest restaurant that is still open, "Rick's Crab Shack." Yup, that mean's we're not traveling anywhere, but it'll be fine eating.

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
82 crappie 3 catfish Saturday and Sunday combined and honestly dont know how many carp and gar the wife and I shot this weekend. But it was a lot, and most very very big.

Didn't get a single picture so I guess you will have to take my word for it.

I smell like a fish.

Reactions: kidoggy

RICMIC

Veteran member
Feb 21, 2012
Two Harbors, Minnesota
82 crappie 3 catfish Saturday and Sunday combined and honestly dont know how many carp and gar the wife and I shot this weekend. But it was a lot, and most very very big.

Didn't get a single picture so I guess you will have to take my word for it.

I smell like a fish.
After last night's "Crab-fest", so do I. Not that anyone will notice.

go_deep

Veteran member
Nov 30, 2014
Wyoming
My wife and son have been getting on each other's nerves, mostly my sons fault. He now social distancing himself behind the shed pounding rusty nails out of boards, LOL!

Reactions: AKaviator

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
My wife and son have been getting on each other's nerves, mostly my sons fault. He now social distancing himself behind the shed pounding rusty nails out of boards, LOL!
Reminds me of my childhood. lol

We were too broke to buy nails so I scavenged most of mine and pounded them straight and re-used them to build an elaborate tree-houses on my neighbors property in his prized winning cherry trees....

hey, in my defense, nobody told me I couldn't do that.....

Catahoula12

Very Active Member
Apr 26, 2013
Colorado, was Az.
Been riding my mountain bike more and more.
Shooting the bow indoors since mid February I guess, with a couple times to archery range also. (Outdoor range).
Changed my diet, weight loss program. (Started February).

go_deep

Veteran member
Nov 30, 2014
Wyoming
Now I got my boy digging a hole, a big hole. His attitude is getting drastically different, that'll probably change when I tell him to just fill the hole back in because we really don't need it for anything, LOL!

Reactions: dustin ray and NE69

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
Now I got my boy digging a hole, a big hole. His attitude is getting drastically different, that'll probably change when I tell him to just fill the hole back in because we really don't need it for anything, LOL!
if he gives ya lip ,tell him to dig another 6 deep , 6 long an 4 wide.