So...What are your plans for 2021?

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
First things first I need to get this house build figured out now that hunting season is slowing down around here.
Then I plan to wait for the first fresh snow and track down a few Chatahoochie hogs...
Then I plan to shoot a gobbler.
Then I bow-fish.
Then I crappie fish.
Then I trot-line.
Then I become my wife's "Guide" for elk.
Then I will be in a tree in Iowa (pending I draw the tag) and if I kill early I will be in a tree in Illinois or Missouri.
Then I will evaluate the freezer situation.

Rinse and repeat.

RICMIC

Veteran member
Feb 21, 2012
Two Harbors, Minnesota
I want to hear about the the canoe trip
I'll fly into Edmonton to meet up with my canoeing partner from Wawa, Ontario. I introduce him as "Enos from Wawa". Then fly to Yellowknife, Norman Wells, and finally a long floatplane ride to Horton Lake (north of Great Bear Lake). You can look up the specs on "Jackpine Paddle" 26 days downriver with only a couple whitewater sections; fishing for grayling, lake trout, and arctic char. Some hiking & likely to see caribou, musk ox, wolverine, wolves, and tundra grizzly. I can count coup on those critters that I will likely never get to hunt.

Daubs

Aug 5, 2016
Nebraska
Gathering with seven good friends in two weeks...three of them purchased land on the Platte River, waterfowl spot. Should be a great time!

Goose hunting after the first of the year with a buddy and his son. That kid slays geese!

Turkey hunting with Brother and my 80 year old Dad...he's had shoulder replacement surgery...can't lift the shotgun over his head for waterfowl...Turkey will likely be the only hunts he can do going forward.

Got the boat out last summer...first time in 15+ years it was on the water. Got Dad out fishing a few times...plan to do that a LOT more in 2021.

Hunted private for Mule Deer for the first time in 2020...great hunt! Stoked for more in 2021.

Reactions: gonhunting247

KHSRanger23

Apr 14, 2016
Utah
I am looking forward to getting out and doing any kind of hunting after missing that last 3 years recovering from ankle surgeries. Should be able to draw antelope tag, then general archery for Elk and Deer. 2 of my sons and several nephews are old enough to go hunting as well, so I am excited about getting them out on the mountains.

Muley bound

Mar 12, 2013
Wisconsin
Hopefully 2021 pans out a little better.
-spring turkey for my son
-spring turkey me as long as my kid gets his longbeard!
-archery and gun deer at home
-apply for my Idaho tags again as usual..hopefully a success this year! Gonna try for a muzzleloader tag this year
- i might by my general tag as a back up if I dont draw
-Bonus and preference points as usual

Hilltop

Veteran member
Feb 25, 2014
Eastern Nebraska
2021 looks like a lot of fun for me.

-Spring turkey for my youngest and my wife. She has decided she really wants to hunt one. Location in Nebraska to be determined.
-Summer will be tons of fishing and baseball
-Planning on antelope for my youngest and my wife. Haven't decided on an area but they have points.
-My youngest is going to start bowhunting next fall. Will start with Nebraska deer.
-I already have a fantastic deer tag that I'm really excited about. Hoping to hunt for 7-8 days to make the most of the tag.
-I'll apply for cow elk while I build PP back up again for a bull tag.
-Will just buy a PP for moose unless I decide to apply random.
-My oldest has decided to hunt again for the first time in quite a few years so will get him out in November.

taskswap

Very Active Member
Jul 9, 2018
Colorado
Elk as usual. In 2021 I'm going to make a serious run at finding a nice buck in Rifle 4. Not looking for a record, just something to be proud of. Because of timing with work and life I've never actually hunted the mule deer rut, and I'm looking forward to seeing how it goes. Will do a fair bit of scouting too of course. Honestly scouting is as much fun as hunting for me. I love seeing new things.

Kodiak

Oct 27, 2014
I will plan and scheme and Escout and run draw odds vs trophy potential and look up harvest statistics and change my mind 15 times. Then draw nothing but general deer and elk tags in Wyoming and hunt my usual spots.

I do want to check out spring bear this year. I am also hoping my wife ends up with an elk tag.

Rich M

Very Active Member
Oct 16, 2012
GA whitetail 2021
CO muley 2022
WY antelope 2024 or 2025 - depends on draw

HuskyMusky

Veteran member
Nov 29, 2011
IL
Really want to take an elk/moose with bow.... of course funds are tight, so debating what where etc...how.... is a bit tricky.

open to a mule deer bow hunt too, but again, really wanting to be successful, not just go on a hike with a bow...

also with quite a few points in a a many western states, don't want to burn a quality tag on a diy hunt and not do it right.

so atm I'm thinking maybe trying to draw a decent elk tag in a state without point systems etc...

Bonecollector

Veteran member
Mar 9, 2014
Ohio
Really want to take an elk/moose with bow.... of course funds are tight, so debating what where etc...how.... is a bit tricky.

open to a mule deer bow hunt too, but again, really wanting to be successful, not just go on a hike with a bow...

also with quite a few points in a a many western states, don't want to burn a quality tag on a diy hunt and not do it right.

so atm I'm thinking maybe trying to draw a decent elk tag in a state without point systems etc...
Sounds a lot like my thoughts- although I am going to AK in 2021.

Reactions: HuskyMusky