So...What are your plans for 2021?

Colorado Cowboy

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2011
Dolores, Colorado
Tentative.......
*Probably act as a "guide" for one of our forum members for a Colorado Antelope hunt.
*Have enough points to draw a great deer unit here in Colorado. Have invited another of our forum members to hunt with me as he has enough NR points to draw it too.
*Wyoming antelope with friends from California
* I have a bunch of Elk points here in Colorado and have tentatively booked a guided hunt. Waiting for the outfitter to get back with me on what season.

2021 is a milestone year for me as I turn 80! I intend to make it a memorable hunting year too!

Maxhunter

Veteran member
Apr 10, 2011
Wyoming
I'll apply for my normal stuff in WY. I have a good friend who will probably draw an elk tag in WY, and he'll need my help. I might cash in my CO deer points. Also might book another whitetail hunt somewhere.

Reactions: shootbrownelk

Mr Drysdale

Mar 24, 2013
Exploring a youth hunt in a western state for three grandsons. Deer and or Elk. I would like to carry them while they are young and I can still get around good. Looking at Idaho right now. Have to work around school and football. Would like Thanksgiving week. Any advice appreciated.

Reactions: boiler

mosquito

Nov 1, 2012
NE ohio
Cow elk hunt in Wyoming if i can figure out a unit woth decent draw odds and decent success rates or Montana general tag for mule deer . 1 pp and 1 bonus point in Montana and 8 pp in Wyoming for elk and mule deer

Reactions: boiler

hunttrap

Jan 22, 2016
Eastern Nebraska
Idaho spring bear, wyoming elk, nebraska antelope, mule deer, and whitetail. Good chance they will all be solo, might have a buddy going to wyoming with me. Possibly my dad to idaho, but we will see.

taskswap

Very Active Member
Jul 9, 2018
Colorado
2020 was good to me and I have a lot to be thankful for. I hope 2021 is as good for everyone else as 2020 was for me. That is all.

prhunter

Apr 18, 2016
West Texas
The usual:

AZ: Deer & elk
NM: Deer, elk & possibly Oryx
CO: Elk PP (may also throw in a second choice in that application)

Depending on what happens WY Antelope may also be in the mix.

RICMIC

Veteran member
Feb 21, 2012
Two Harbors, Minnesota
**Canada fishing trip (Ontario) in May if the border opens by then.
** If not^, then a SW tour of the Indian sacred places with my wife. Also to visit a friend who needs some help shooting his BIG guns in the new Mexico desert.
**360 mile canoe/fishing trip to the Arctic Ocean (NW Territories); again if the border opens by August.
**Colorado MZL cow elk with two partners who should have bull tags.
**WY late season cow elk (low draw odds, but have drawn 2 for 4 so far)

Reactions: gonhunting247

marcusvdk

Veteran member
Dec 13, 2011
Michigan
** If not^, then a SW tour of the Indian sacred places with my wife. Also to visit a friend who needs some help shooting his BIG guns in the new Mexico desert.
**360 mile canoe/fishing trip to the Arctic Ocean (NW Territories); again if the border opens by August.
Man that sounds likena heck of a set of trips. Im with you hoping the boarder opens sometime next year

hunter25

Very Active Member
Sep 8, 2016
Glenwood Springs, Colorado
Possible wolf hunt in Ontario if the border opens by February, not likely.
Fishing trip to Catalina Island in California this March for my grandsons 2nd birthday as his other grandparents live there and we agreed to go every other year for him.
Africa in April provided travel still allowed.
Taking my older grandson to Texas in January for his first deer hunt. Likely does but a buck possible with the season open 2 days while we there.
Other than that it's whatever the Colorado draw provides me.
Haven't decided if I'll try to cash in my Wyoming antelope or deer points

RICMIC

Veteran member
Feb 21, 2012
Two Harbors, Minnesota
Man that sounds likena heck of a set of trips. Im with you hoping the boarder opens sometime next year
It's anyone's guess as to that, but Canada is in a bigger financial hurt-locker than the US, and another season of shut downs will likely kill off thousands of tourist based resorts and outfitters. The roll out of the vaccine will be the game changer, and I wouldn't be surprised if Canada requires proof of vaccination in order to cross. Depending on what "tier" you are in for the vac???? Hope for the best, plan for the worst.

Reactions: marcusvdk

marcusvdk

Veteran member
Dec 13, 2011
Michigan
I could see the vac being required or a proof of negative test innthenlast 72 hours like alaska and some other countries are doing

Team Kabob

Very Active Member
May 9, 2014
I want to hear about the the canoe trip